Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Toxocyst After Knell automatic change

Deminisis

After seeing the Knell get automatic fire, I think its about time the Dual Toxocyst got some work too. It is just painful trying to click as fast as possible to utilize fire rate, and I shouldn't have to bind my scroll wheel for firing.

• Like 1

A lot of "fast semi auto" needs auto fire.

But there is a specific bunch of naysayers who love their repetitive strain injuries.

For Toxocyst, absolutely.  They should do it when they buff the buff duration to 6 seconds, too...

For other stuff, eh?  I figure that if the RoF is as fast as/faster than the average human can click, then it should be full auto.  Akjagara Prime is a burst fire weapon, so I'd say no to that, personally.

2 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

"but tapping a button as fast as possible takes skill and is a rewarding gameplay mechanic"

bleh...

With lethal torrent and my toxocyst riven with fire rate, i can't click fast enough without loosing my ability to aim proper (Like I have to tense up my hand and shake it violently to click faster, which really hurts if you've tried it before). If i put anemic agility on it i don't think i could even click fast enough.

The Knell and Dual Toxocyst both show that DE doesn't quite understand the concept of "high difficulty, high reward."  The idea SHOULD be that while it's in normal mode, it's not a very good weapon, but once you get a headshot, it becomes great for a short time.  Instead, the Knell and Dual Toxocyst start out bad and become mediocre.  After a headshot, your crappy pistols become ALMOST as good as Lex or Aklex.  Not Lex Prime and Aklex Prime, mind, but the regular versions, sidearms that anyone can get with minimal effort and investment.

I can click faster than either the Knell or Dual Toxocysts fire after a headshot.  Thing is, the only time I ever click that fast is when the weapon is too weak to kill something without going nuts, which both the Knell and Dual Toxocyst are.  Making them automatic isn't nearly good enough to make up for their severe drawbacks.  They need a complete overhaul.

The Knell and Dual Toxocysts should operate like sniper rifles do, with high crit chance and/or multipliers, or high damage.  When I get a headshot with my Knell or dual toxies, I should be spending those precious few seconds mowing down other enemies, not pumping rounds into the same one I just shot in the face, just to finish him off.  As they are, both guns are far too weak for their disadvantages, and the "bonuses" you get for headshots do nothing more than make them enough better to be almost average.

I love the idea of both these guns, but the execution is severely lacking.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-11 at 12:17 PM, BacteriophageBS said:

The Knell and Dual Toxocyst both show that DE doesn't quite understand the concept of "high difficulty, high reward."  The idea SHOULD be that while it's in normal mode, it's not a very good weapon, but once you get a headshot, it becomes great for a short time.  Instead, the Knell and Dual Toxocyst start out bad and become mediocre.  After a headshot, your crappy pistols become ALMOST as good as Lex or Aklex.  Not Lex Prime and Aklex Prime, mind, but the regular versions, sidearms that anyone can get with minimal effort and investment.

I can click faster than either the Knell or Dual Toxocysts fire after a headshot.  Thing is, the only time I ever click that fast is when the weapon is too weak to kill something without going nuts, which both the Knell and Dual Toxocyst are.  Making them automatic isn't nearly good enough to make up for their severe drawbacks.  They need a complete overhaul.

The Knell and Dual Toxocysts should operate like sniper rifles do, with high crit chance and/or multipliers, or high damage.  When I get a headshot with my Knell or dual toxies, I should be spending those precious few seconds mowing down other enemies, not pumping rounds into the same one I just shot in the face, just to finish him off.  As they are, both guns are far too weak for their disadvantages, and the "bonuses" you get for headshots do nothing more than make them enough better to be almost average.

I love the idea of both these guns, but the execution is severely lacking.

Even though knell has highest dps of all secondaries, dual toxocyst is meh.

• Like 1