Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Agronak's ability should be a mod

Squidfest

So if you're like me, you enjoy creeping around the Plains of Eidolon, stealthily clearing outposts on your way to a Conservation target. And if you're like me, you love sniping a Grineer's head clean off from 200 meters and his friends' heads shortly after. But, and I suppose this means I'm stupid enough to fall for Grineer camouflage, it's REALLY HARD to tell what is a bush and what is a Grineer now that the remastered Plains is live. A vitals-spotting mod for Snipers (like the effect of the Agronak or perhaps the Zenith, although I doubt the latter) would be a wonderful addition to the long-range play style and would make those stealthy headshots so much simpler.

16 hours ago, Drasiel said:

even before the remaster I had a hard time spotting grineer in certain foliage. A mod would be great for this but I think another possible option would be a kit gun arcane.

That doesn't work for my Lanka though.

I'd rather see an optics slot, that gives the option to change reticles, zoom levels, scope layout and gimmicks. Want the Argonaks targeting function? Grab the one, that comes with the weapon. Want a high power scope on your Grinlok? Use the one, you got with your Vulkar.

There's a precedent for weapons having mod functions built-in, too—the Baza and the Hush mod, for example.
Also the Nagantaka and the Grakata's Wild Frenzy augment.

16 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I'd rather see an optics slot, that gives the option to change reticles, zoom levels, scope layout and gimmicks. Want the Argonaks targeting function? Grab the one, that comes with the weapon. Want a high power scope on your Grinlok? Use the one, you got with your Vulkar.

Perhaps a more generalized "augment" slot that could take various classes of mods: standard augments, "optics", mods that increase movement speed or parkour distance, etc.
That's all cool but I'm not sure I support adding more slots to weapons, just on principle.
Then again, DE does love making sweeping changes to their game mechanics.
That's one of the reasons I stick with this game after six years. ( ;∀;)