Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's New Augment is very Limiting

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

I think a better rework of DW would be that what you kill with the Dread Heart adds 1s/kill. Kill 10 enemies, you get a 10 sec duration.

Dread Ward only gives only so much for Garuda to work with and that is offering her a reward that isn't essentially what you would use Dread Mirror for. The 40% kill threshold isn't so much as a necessity as outright killing an enemy with a weapon or her Dread Heart. It's all based on priority and the insta-kill, in all honesty is taking a backseat to the DH projectile and of course, the Mirror (shield) provided

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

I think a better rework of DW would be that what you kill with the Dread Heart adds 1s/kill. Kill 10 enemies, you get a 10 sec duration.

Dread Ward only gives only so much for Garuda to work with and that is offering her a reward that isn't essentially what you would use Dread Mirror for. The 40% kill threshold isn't so much as a necessity as outright killing an enemy with a weapon or her Dread Heart. It's all based on priority and the insta-kill, in all honesty is taking a backseat to the DH projectile and of course, the Mirror (shield) provided

I think that's a bad idea but the augment needs a chance for it's requirements of activation. Maybe they can make her 1 insta kill a target affected by slash and then increase the duration to 10s at base because when using the augment you spend more time sustaining the undying status than playing the game.

Edited by CodeUltimate

4 minutes ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Augment is fine is supposed to sunergize with her passive allowing her to habe constant damage buff

it is not fine because the requirement of activation is so tricky that you struggle to keep it up. Have you even tried the mod outside of the simulacron? 8v

4 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

it is not fine because the requirement of activation is so tricky that you struggle to keep it up. Have you even tried the mod outside of the simulacron? 8v

It doesnt matter. If you arent executing minions with her 1 then are you really playing garuda

1 hour ago, CodeUltimate said:

You clearly don't even play her if you say that lol.

Are you sure? Her excute is at 30 who wouldnt you use it constanly? You just dont understand her kit. Its okay. It comes with time. Just keep at it.

This mod suits well the risk/reward gameplay Garuda has been designed with, if one doesn't want to stay indefinitely at 2 HP sure this mod won't help. It's highhly optional though cause quick thinking is a safer way to play at low life in my opinion. Against higher level opponents one could be oneshot quite easily between two refresh and tbh finding enemies at 40% health in low level is hard without using some trash weapon.

Tbh i already find Chroma or Harrow such a pain to manage correctly (and i'm playing them a lot, especially the later), having to refresh a 5-13s CD to not die instantly is not my kind of drug. But for a more tanky approach it'd make Garuda really tough. Then it's a win-win for both kind of builds.

There's only one thing that bothers me with that augment, there's no visual that helps with its management which is really a dumb move cause the whole "timer" management is quite tedious and not much fun in this game - especially if you're playing from your sofa. 😄

Edited by 000l000

Don't think it's much about how the duration sucks, but really about how much time it takes to just pounce on enemies once or twice and be on a lingering animation after shredding enemies, effectively taking seconds away from the inv and from... playing the rest of the game.

Also, Garuda is incredibly resillient already, she already has virtual immunity all on her front, don't know why she'd need to be immortal, how about the shield surrounds her entirely for the given duration, and is also immune(No Bombards allowed), that way the ball gets charged faster.