Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meta Players

Violet_Xe

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Garuda does have an interesting interaction with Wolf and his group.  My last battle with Wolf just happened to have occurred while I was forma'ing Garuda and using Hema.  While the three tag-a-longs where invulnerable, they were still effected by her 2 (Blood Altar).  Which had the nice benefit of immobilizing them while providing healing to me and the Volt player.  

She can potentially 1 shot the wolf if you keep leaping on a minion while recharging with the others.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Every remark was technically true. Nezha isn't tanky, has unreliable CC and poor team buffs.

Uhm what? Nezha is in the top of tanky frames, has one of the best radial CCs in the game (it is both quick to cast, lasts long and it keeps the mobs still, it can also be canceled at will. In addition to that the baseline range is 19m), he has a massive group damage boost with chakram (200%+ with moderate strength investments) and he poops health orbs like a madman. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uhm what? Nezha is in the top of tanky frames, has one of the best radial CCs in the game (it is both quick to cast, lasts long and it keeps the mobs still, it can also be canceled at will. In addition to that the baseline range is 19m), he has a massive group damage boost with chakram (200%+ with moderate strength investments) and he poops health orbs like a madman. 

Nezha only has like 30-40k eHP. That's not tanky at all and his CC gets shut down by both Ancient Healers and Nullifiers.

Healing abilities aren't very useful unless you have a huge eHP pool and it's pretty much instant recovery. Health orbs even less.

His debuff only works on a few enemies per throw where as many other frames can affect the entire map or group in one press.

I'm not sitting here trying to trash on Nezha but technically everything they claimed about him was true.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhh, but doesn't that happen to pretty much all frames and their CC.  Am I missing something?

Well as CC frames are slowly being murdered there's not a lot of examples but Ancient Healers won't stop most CC abilities just status effects.

Nyx, Loki, Oberon and Vauban can all stop Nullifiers. They don't affect them directly but they take their attention away which keeps the team safe.

For non-CC frames the Nullifier is still going to shoot you in the face so you have to rely on Barriers like Volt's Shield, stealth or a lot of eHP. This is kinda why Rhino's Stomp build died outside Grineer maps. Stomp was amazing CC that just got countered hard and now the build is hardly used over 120k eHP and just eating damage.

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I killed Wolf 3 times solo using Daikyu and Ivara in less than 10-12 shots to the head each time.  This was before the nerf to him.  It doesn't take meta build to beat him.  Just knowing where to aim so that your damage counts for something.  

I really, really wish I'd bothered to take video of shooting him in the head with some MR fodder weapon I had- I cannot remember what it was off top- and watching double digit numbers pop up. Yes, it's better to shoot him in the grape than anywhere else, but that still means about jack diddley squat with most weapons. 

On 2019-04-12 at 4:03 AM, Violet_Xe said:

Meta Players

Ok so yeah this is gonna be nothing special but I've got a message to those of you who always use the most efficient warframes. Quick note I have 100% no issue with any of you using what works for you. Wanna use a warframe like the overused Saryn in onslaught, sure go right ahead i don't mind at all. Have fun and do whatcha like. However this is something I need to say. So i'm running around with Nezha in Heiracon for pluto and I come across this strange party.

It starts off normal and we have a limbo, oberon, me as nezha, and another guy who left at 3 min. Oberon didn't know what he was doing (I think) and wasnt talking at all. Limbo kept telling him to go to the next extractor because limbo can solo lock down extractors. He started getting upset and this is where the issue I want to talk about starts. He starts criticizing not only limbo saying "do you even speak English", and then throws me under the bus saying "did you guys just lvl stuff on hydron?" which I took extreme offence because I really don't purposefully lvl stuff to rank up. I've been around since zephyr release and am mr20 because i just drift through the game. I know a lot about it and the things that have changed. He wants Oberon and I to defend which is easy if Oberon was actually helping defend. I tell him i can't solo defend these things, i need at least another person to help protect it even with a specter helping me with it. 

"You guys don't play like MR14(Oberon) and MR20(me)" -Limbo
"Mr means nothing" - Me
"you make that apparent" -Limbo

We went on talking about how you should pick a MORE EFFICIENT warframe, and someone who can help the team more because Nezha is a garbage frame. he obviously doesn't know what he's on about as he was making nezha out to be one of the worst frames in the game. I could go into depth about how all of his points were wrong but that's not why i'm making this thread. I don't give a damn if you guys are MR 27 or MR 1. I couldn't care less if you only care about the most efficient methods to farming, I don't mind you guys trashing some warframes even if you're wrong. But if you tell me to "Pick a better warframe or have fun being carried for the rest of your life" that's where I draw the line. I play nezha for fun. I play warframe for fun. I pick the warframe I want to play. There are people like that. We play warframe to have fun, but you have no right to tell others to pick a warframe just because the one they're playing right now isn't the best of the best. Please just let us play what we like to play and we'll leave you alone.

Obviously there are some things you shouldn't do like being a stasis limbo or slowva on a defence mission. That's annoying for everyone. But if i'm minding my own business playing a warframe that's fun and bothers nobody else then just go away and dont bother me. I'm having fun, you should too. Now if you're right i'll back down and say sure but the fact that limbo was also wrong about nezha AND ME, really ticked me off.  Now i'm also not the type of player to make this sound offensive but I need to this time. I've played for 4X the time this limbo had, I know far more about this game than you.  AND the fact i was a higher mastery means i've at least used more weapons than you. Plus the fact he was talking about "giving the team something" shows he didn't look at my profile as 20% of my playtime has been on banshee. view profiles and do a reality check before you insult someone and tell them how to play their game.

-This is where I argue with limbo about the uses of limbo so skip this if you dont care-

-"nezha has horrible cc and damage" Firewalker stuns tons of enemies, puts a status proc on enemies for condition overload. This cc works with a tank build nezha aswell.
-"nezha can't help his team" Firewalker procs fire for other condition overload users, safeguard aguments exist, and firewalker cures status if you want over it. (bleed toxin magnetic) really useful
-"nezha isn't a good tank" The warding halo gives massive damage reduction and combine that with health transmutation you get even more armor. if you want more put on an adaptation and you're set as a tank support nezha
-"Use rhino if you want to be invincible" And what if I dont want to be 100% invincible. Moreover if you want to be invincible, inaros exists and is far far better than rhino for the job.

Again Meta players dont impose your playstyle onto those of us who play the game for the pure reason of having fun, especially if you don't know what the hell you're on about.

That's not really a META player, that's just a jerk.

Drop them on ignore and go about your gaming.  Millions of registered players, I highly doubt you'll run into them again soon.

19 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

Yes, it's better to shoot him in the grape than anywhere else, but that still means about jack diddley squat with most weapons. 

Not most weapons.  Only the ones with wide spread and no need to aim.  You know, just the ones like shotguns and Ignus that people like to use to be extra cheesy while playing.  LOL

il y a 2 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

That's not really a META player, that's just a jerk.

Drop them on ignore and go about your gaming.  Millions of registered players, I highly doubt you'll run into them again soon.

Timezone and player region narrow that alot...maybe to a hundred thousands.

Edited by angias

7 minutes ago, angias said:

Timezone and player region narrow that alot...maybe to a hundred thousands.

Timezone and player region don't effect the total number of registered players. :P

I opt'd to go with that because I don't know when or where OP plays.

il y a 20 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

Timezone and player region don't effect the total number of registered players. 😛

I opt'd to go with that because I don't know when or where OP plays.

matchmaking.

when was the last time you played with russian?

il y a 1 minute, MagPrime a dit :

Running Invasion for the Potato BP.

the total registered player is irrelevant, what is relevant is the number that play at the same time than you and in a similar zone.

Most of the time i am sinc with canada, that is because that region and time zone is favorable to my session.  Distance affect the average ping by a long marge.

Just connecting to someone in the united state or europe would increase my travel time quite alot.

Try to guess what is the reason of the autralian connection gag.

1 minute ago, angias said:

the total registered player is irrelevant, what is relevant is the number that play at the same time than you and in a similar zone.

Most of the time i am sinc with canada, that is because that region and time zone is favorable to my session.  Distance affect the average ping by a long marge.

Just connecting to someone in the united state or europe would increase my travel time quite alot.

Try to guess what is the reason of the autralian connection gag.

And what point are you trying to make with this?  Do you want me to ask the OP what time zone and Region they're in, so I can give an exact number of potential players that have access to?

The point of my message is that they don't need to agonize or stress over a player like they encountered because there are enough players within the game that they run an incredibly low risk of ever seeing that player again. 

Why are you taking issue with that based on semantics?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Nezha only has like 30-40k eHP. That's not tanky at all and his CC gets shut down by both Ancient Healers and Nullifiers.

Healing abilities aren't very useful unless you have a huge eHP pool and it's pretty much instant recovery. Health orbs even less.

His debuff only works on a few enemies per throw where as many other frames can affect the entire map or group in one press.

I'm not sitting here trying to trash on Nezha but technically everything they claimed about him was true.

That really only matters if you run really high endless missions at which point most tank frames are already obsolete, there are only two that scale beyond getting 1-shot (Rev and Hildryn) and only one of those have an easy time keeping up with incoming damage (Rev). Very heavy 1HK's is the only threat to him, versus everything else Nezha is near immortal due to his immunity when Halo falls off.

His CC along with his halo and fire trail makes him a very survivable frame. You are also wrong about Nullifiers, only those within the shield during the cast are immune, the spears keep the enemy CCed even if the Nulli walks over them afterwards.

The debuff falls in the Mag area, not map covering but still very strong. I'm talking about her bubble here.

He is a very solid frame after his rework, so no they werent even near to be technically correct about him.

You must also be running some very high level content if you think Nullifiers and Ancient Healers are some form of threat.

• Like 2

Il y a 10 heures, MagPrime a dit :

And what point are you trying to make with this?  Do you want me to ask the OP what time zone and Region they're in, so I can give an exact number of potential players that have access to?

The point of my message is that they don't need to agonize or stress over a player like they encountered because there are enough players within the game that they run an incredibly low risk of ever seeing that player again. 

Why are you taking issue with that based on semantics?

You are right to wonder why i was having issue with this. Because now, even i wonder.

The original argument could be missleading to the scale of the probability of that happening.

Yes....it's freaking silly of me to argue so much on that.

An element i bring (wich isn't a valid argument), i sometime play in friend only mode and some players in my friend list actually join my game. Happened rarely but at least 2 or 3 time wich actually work against the motivation that was driving my argument.

They are for the most part at the same ranking tier than me, wich mean only one thing...when there is new S#&$, we all do same stuff.

Tl;Dr. a wall of useless information.

So yeah your right, silly of me to argue about that.

Even if the scale you brough is exagerated to the point of being missleading, the risk of that happening is extremely unlikely to happen even once.

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That really only matters if you run really high endless missions at which point most tank frames are already obsolete, there are only two that scale beyond getting 1-shot (Rev and Hildryn) and only one of those have an easy time keeping up with incoming damage (Rev). Very heavy 1HK's is the only threat to him, versus everything else Nezha is near immortal due to his immunity when Halo falls off.

His CC along with his halo and fire trail makes him a very survivable frame. You are also wrong about Nullifiers, only those within the shield during the cast are immune, the spears keep the enemy CCed even if the Nulli walks over them afterwards.

The debuff falls in the Mag area, not map covering but still very strong. I'm talking about her bubble here.

He is a very solid frame after his rework, so no they werent even near to be technically correct about him.

You must also be running some very high level content if you think Nullifiers and Ancient Healers are some form of threat.

This was my thinking also.  I just wasn't exactly sure as my frame of choice has her own unique interactions in groups and high level content.  😄 

Well to be fair... he was definitely rude and obviously wrong about nezha.... he's not a bad frame.... but he's not an ideal frame for that specific situation situation.

You wana have fun and play how you want to play ? Sure thats fine but you do realise that in this particular situation you just come across as ignorant because you knew your Frame was not ideal for that mission and yet you brought it anyway and didn't care what anyone had to say about it.

I don't know exactly what a "Meta Player" is but I use meta junk all the time.... I already Potatod Titania... a frame I literally have no clue what her abilities do nor do I particularly like her but shes apparently good in Plague Star event and there's even more Meta Junk there so yeah.... 

Just my two cents....

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I don't know exactly what a "Meta Player" is but I use meta junk all the time.... I already Potatod Titania... a frame I literally have no clue what her abilities do nor do I particularly like her but shes apparently good in Plague Star event and there's even more Meta Junk there so yeah.... 

Don't you think it's about time to understand WHY Titania would be considered "meta" for Plague Star.  It's actually a very simple to understand reason that is based in common sense.  

il y a 2 minutes, Majestic-scrub a dit :

meta a term used in mmo meaning the Most Effective Tactic Available. It's basically what works in a game regardless of what you wish would work

just a daily reminder for people who cant use google lol.

Google/wiki:the forgoten meta

il y a 10 minutes, Majestic-scrub a dit :

i am a hipster i use msn search, and i hate those meta filthy casuals.

Power is knowledge.

If you don't share it, only you have the knowledge. Only you has this peticular power.

Edited by angias

29 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

meta a term used in mmo meaning the Most Effective Tactic Available. It's basically what works in a game regardless of what you wish would work

just a daily reminder for people who cant use google lol.

I'm gonna help you out a bit here.  Meta is not a new term and especially not only referred to in just mmo.  

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One frame alone eventually. 2 frames can layer DR to the level cap. Nidus / Trinity are both able to get 2 million eHP Solo before Adaptation. Gara + Trinity + Ancient Healer can take level cap damage. No immortal. No gimmicks. Just flat DR putting them around 20 million.

Rhino 120k easy, Nova 100k, Baruuk 100k, Mesa / Nekros 80k, Trinity 200k, Nidus 100k and Chroma 66k on the low end of tanky. 

Nezha's 30k doesn't compare. He's about as tanky as Excal. Which isn't something I'd call tanky.

The community and DE has established CC is useless. If you're not playing at a level range where Nullifiers are a danger then why bother to CC. That's literally part of the point in CC as a mechanic and since the game is not a danger at any point in "typical content". CC has no purpose unless it gives damage like Blind. I'm perfectly aware the logic of this is bonkers. It's satire to the community and DE for ruining CC as a group role. Nyx was my most used frame with 900h+ in-mission time. I know exactly how useful CC can be but not in the game DE has created so unless you're going to those very high levels there's not really a point in mentioning CC as a perk for a frame.

How am I wrong about Nullifiers? I said they shoot you in the face regardless of his CC and they do. I didn't say anything about other enemies. Nullifiers are one of the most dangerous enemies in the game later levels and the bastards are in 3/4 of the game. It's prolly between Nullifiers, Napalms and Corrupted Crewman for top player kills.

At any rate, I again say Nezha is not a bad frame but technically what they said is true. I would not be apposed to someone using Nezha in an endurance run because his CC can shine more, his debuff works better because enemies don't fall over in a light breeze but I've given up on opposition in this game and I'm done waiting 2h+ in a mission to get it. Just spin in a circle with Ignis, run Mesa with no mods on or play elemental resistance Sorties with a pure elemental weapon cuz that's pretty much Warframe at this point.

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Don't you think it's about time to understand WHY Titania would be considered "meta" for Plague Star.  It's actually a very simple to understand reason that is based in common sense.  

Damage Per Pellet Limitation on The Hemocyte..... Yes.... I know shes recommended specifically for Plague Star.... I just don't know what her 1, 2 & 3 do.... Her 4 on the other Shreds really tough enemies.... and really thats all I need to know.... easy enough to build for.... just need a few more arcanes.