Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meta Players

Violet_Xe

If you are talking too much in a mission, I am automatically going to ignore chat.  You gave this person far more attention than he deserved.  Also, a random internet videogame stranger should not be able to "offend" you. 

Life Lesson:  You probably need to stop caring about what strangers think of you.  

There are meta frames, there are appropriate frames and there are wrong frames for everything in the game. While I do get the Limbo not being overly happy about a Nezha in excavation I think he took it way too seriously. For me I tend to simply take a frame that can accomplish the job well while I can still have fun.

Excav is one of those were you really need the right tool for the job for it to go as smooth as possible. Extractors are simply far too weak for the mode to be run by anything that cannot protect them properly i.e Frost, Gara or Limbo pretty much. And the more you bring of each, the quicker you can start each excavator, because you dont need to wait for the current one to get done before you move on. A single Frost can do this aswell aslong as the other people on the team are up to protecting whatever excav Frost has bubbled as he moves on to the next. The second mission where this applies is Kuva Survival, for the rest it really doesnt matter since killing and minor CC will keep defense targets alive or interception consoles untouched.

I just wonder if that same Limbo player gets as upset when he ends up with a Saryn or other maxed range AoE frame in survival missions, where keeping the kills tight is far more important than wiping out a full map. But I doubt it because Saryn and other AoE frames are popular, even though they are a pile of stink in survival.

edit: Also, that Limbo is clueless about Nezha in general. The "Use Rhino if you want to be invincible" made me chuckle just as the "Nezha cant help his team". I dont think he knows about the massive usefulness of both chakram and divine spears. Nezha has one of the most group friendly kits around plus he tanks and puts out the hurt on enemies like a madman.

Edited by SneakyErvin

You know what the problem with people like you is? 

Having expectations in a pub match and then getting angry about it, 😁

I would be ticked off if I got the same lip as you did but that's the risk you run in a pub. I tend to remind said player "you play as you like mate" if he still keeps hounding the ignore button exists. 

15 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

i cant take you seriously lol, ivara and daikyu he said.

I ask you this then.  Who would go the longest in a survival mission vs me as Ivara with my Daikyu and non-CL melee.  Since you seem to be such a "meta" fan, tell me which frame or combo would go longer in Survival than the setup I just gave you.  

Please remember that enemies in Survivals have a tendency to come at you in straight lines, which just happens to allow a Daikyu to get multiple enemy kills with just one arrow.  😄 A weapon that is extremely underrated. 

Don't knock something just because you might not have figured out a good tactic on how to better utilize it.  How in the heck do you think Metas get created in the first place.  By going outside what is considered the norm.  

Edit:  Also, I completely ignore the parts of the game that don't appeal to me quite easily.  I don't grind anything that I don't enjoy.  The event for the Opticor Vandal being a prime example of one I ignored.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 minute ago, Majestic-scrub said:

the issues i have with some people here is theme claiming that doing a grind with unsuitable tools just because they can is more fun and meta is not needed when you do that.

That is because for different people fun is itself different.  I don't consider grinding something over and over again using a fame that I dislike playing to be anywhere close to fun.  Where as I might enjoy doing that same grind with a frame that I like using mechanically.  This is how you can end up with people using non-meta frames in certain mission types.  Because ideas of enjoyment varies between players. 

Heck, I use Ivara in Defense missions.  I sometimes get some smart-arse comments about it in the beginning.  All that stops when I'm more than holding my own while rezing them and keeping the enemies from the target and them.  So, the posts have mostly been about not judging the frame used, but more on how well it's being used.  If a person uses their chosen frame very well, then there shouldn't be any issues in a public mission.  

This is fun to read infigthing between elitist.

We are mostly on the same side with sligth difference of conception.

Oddly enough....it's mandatory to underperform with saryn and other frame of the same kind (in pub).

Edited by angias
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Violet_Xe said:

I wouldn't exactly say that they're mandatory, I did mention this to the limbo but I've managed to hit 30-40 excavators without a defense frame cause we played it right and were careful. but yeah they really do help. I also don't think nezha is exactly the worst frame for excavation, as on that mission there are narrow pathways to lay down long trails of fire to stun enemies.

Also in a random mission even if you do get upset it's no reason to go mastery and frame shaming. 

Tbf, if you played gara, frost or Nova. (Someone good in excavation missions) then you wouldn't have to care about Oberon doing nothing and could just solo the excavator.

But, the limbo doesn't really have a right to be toxic. it's a pub, people are going to be semi useless, it happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Tbf, if you played gara, frost or Nova. (Someone good in excavation missions)

Hmmm, you just gave me an idea to see if Garuda's 2 will efect the Excavators.  I think I will test this theory out when I load the game up again.  

i mean, bringing non-defense frames to missions where defense is key is kinda starting off on the wrong foot for some people,
however, this is video game. where you have a large last of different characters to play as whenever, however, and wherever you want.

honestly don't get the point in arguing 'OP should have been more considerate' means anything since not everything is about that hard farm grind.
it overshadows the point being made and derailed everything quite spectacularly.
but that's just me.

5 hours ago, Majestic-scrub said:

Meta is a term used in mmo meaning the Most Effective Tactic Available. It's basically what works in a game regardless of what you wish would work. 

and MR means a lot, and yes you can power level someone to 27 and he still know jack about this game but the chances of that is extremely unlikely and you have better chances with high mr than without.

Wrong on both counts. "Meta" in this context refers to the metagame of high-efficiency equipment and playstyles used for various types of content (as opposed to the game itself, which doesn't have those added valuations) -- the "most effective blah blah" is a backronym.

MR is utterly meaningless in every sense except as a measurement of how many different pieces of equipment a player has leveled to 30. This was already abundantly clear back when Draco was the hot new thing. I've played since 2013 and didn't break MR10 until sometime in 2017 because I had a handful of frames and weapons I really enjoyed using and couldn't be bothered to level up a bunch of things I didn't like or want to use. There are people at MR25+ who have played for a time best measured in weeks. Every day I see MR2X players who are as slow and inefficient in traversing tilesets as MR5s, because parkour is one of those meta-skills that can't be compensated for with raw stats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

this game have jack do about skills, its all about using all the tools you have for your advantage and mini maxing that when it come to grinding.

no matter how ''skilled'' you're with atlas a normal loki user can totally beat you efficiently wise in a spy mission, if your 'skills' is evenly matched then theres nothing to discuses here lol, he will whip your ass.

Notice that I did say a public mission.  If you are min/maxing to grind a public mission, then you are already failing.  You would be failing because you would be throwing away all the efficiency for RNG with who you would get in the group. 

As for the whip your ass thing, this is a PvE game. There is no competetion between any of the players.  The only competetion willonly ever be in that player's mind and not the game. Just saying.  😄  

While i was using saryn, someone was complaining about saryn and stated that she should be nerfed. (I was making top damage so maybe he was salty) 

In orb valis i simply used a duration/strenght build and only ability i used was toxic lash. Most of my kills were sniper kill...those dropship really messup the scoreboard.

Another time while using hildryn in the plains, i did half of the kills in the mission but i only did 7% of the damage. Turn out the enemies on those drop ship barely had any hp.

(Trigger warning) i then decided to go all out and proceded to annihilate everything in sight.....can we call that soft grief?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingDice said:

MR is utterly meaningless in every sense except as a measurement of how many different pieces of equipment a player has leveled to 30. This was already abundantly clear back when Draco was the hot new thing. I've played since 2013 and didn't break MR10 until sometime in 2017 because I had a handful of frames and weapons I really enjoyed using and couldn't be bothered to level up a bunch of things I didn't like or want to use. There are people at MR25+ who have played for a time best measured in weeks. Every day I see MR2X players who are as slow and inefficient in traversing tilesets as MR5s, because parkour is one of those meta-skills that can't be compensated for with raw stats.

Damned if that ain't me though, navigating through terrible waypoints is the REAL endgame, especially on that Corpus Shipwreck tileset. 

Judging by MR is tricky, since let's be honest most people at MR 20+ really don't use ALL of the equipment available to them regularly. I think the difference between the average MR 15 and MR 25 pretty much is negligible if both are using their favorite loadouts in an appropriate mission, but there definitely is a difference between thr average MR 2 vs MR 12.

Edited by RushBCyka

2 minutes ago, RushBCyka said:

Judging by MR is tricky, since let's be honest most people at MR 20+ really don't use ALL of the equipment available to them regularly. I think the difference between the average MR 15 and MR 25 pretty much is negligible if both are using their favorite loadouts in an appropriate mission, but there definitely is a difference between thr average MR 2 vs MR 12.

I can agree with this.  

7 hours ago, Violet_Xe said:

-"nezha has horrible cc and damage" Firewalker stuns tons of enemies, puts a status proc on enemies for condition overload. This cc works with a tank build nezha aswell.
-"nezha can't help his team" Firewalker procs fire for other condition overload users, safeguard aguments exist, and firewalker cures status if you want over it. (bleed toxin magnetic) really useful
-"nezha isn't a good tank" The warding halo gives massive damage reduction and combine that with health transmutation you get even more armor. if you want more put on an adaptation and you're set as a tank support nezha
-"Use rhino if you want to be invincible" And what if I dont want to be 100% invincible. Moreover if you want to be invincible, inaros exists and is far far better than rhino for the job.

Again Meta players dont impose your playstyle onto those of us who play the game for the pure reason of having fun, especially if you don't know what the hell you're on about.

To be fair Nezha's 1 is pretty bad CC and damage. His actual CC is his divine spears (my opinion anyways). Press 4, throw your 2 at the pinned enemies to shred them while spawing a bunch of health and energy orbs, and sprint towards the next group with firewalker. His halo is really only there so the occasional stray rocket from your friendly neighborhood bombard doesn't insta-gibb him.

Not saying this is how he has to be played but it's worth trying (you might already do this but I see lots of people under utilizing his kit). Nezha is SOOOO much more than casting 3 and 1, in which this case he would certainly feel more like a gimped Rhino.

Edited by RushBCyka

8 hours ago, Violet_Xe said:

Obviously there are some things you shouldn't do like being a stasis limbo or slowva on a defence mission. That's annoying for everyone.

It's a bit hypocritical to understand that these are bad choices, but you don't understand that if your warframe can't clear the content, you've also made a bad choice.

You don't have to play Limbo (which I agree is #1 for excavation) you can play Frost (bubble), Gara (Wall), Nyx (aggro redirector), Volt (stunlock), Nekros (army meat shield), possibly Hildryn...point is, there are a lot of ways to accomplish the same task. But instead you picked Nezha, who isn't good at damage output or CC. Nezha is good at being fast and taking a hit, which doesn't help for keeping an excavator alive.

I don't think the Limbo should have raged, but I also don't think you should deny responsibility.

Цитата

I don't consider grinding something over and over again using a fame that I dislike playing to be anywhere close to fun.

Well the only thing you achieve with this mentality is stretching the time needed for the grind.

Thats not to mention theres usually SEVERAL frames you can play to be both effective, contributing to the objective and having fun. But if all you ever want to play is like Hydroid or buts then theres no sympathy to be had.

Цитата

You don't have to play Limbo (which I agree is #1 for excavation) you can play Frost (bubble), Gara (Wall), Nyx (aggro redirector), Volt (stunlock), Nekros (army meat shield), possibly Hildryn...point is, there are a lot of ways to accomplish the same task.

No you cant play anything but Limbo, Frost or possibly Vauban (for infested) for excavation unless its super freaking trash low level general content. Meaning if you dont have ONE in your group. If you have one, you can do what the heck ever.

Garas walls even if shes spaming it is beyond uselees as the only stopping force in high level or arbitration especially, her damage reduction on excavator actually does more than her freaking walls with holes in it, same with Nyx. Even highest range bubble lets damage through.  So yeah, Frost or Limbo first, the rest can all just play anything. 

Edited by -Temp0-

17 hours ago, angias said:

While i was using saryn, someone was complaining about saryn and stated that she should be nerfed. (I was making top damage so maybe he was salty) 

In orb valis i simply used a duration/strenght build and only ability i used was toxic lash. Most of my kills were sniper kill...those dropship really messup the scoreboard.

Another time while using hildryn in the plains, i did half of the kills in the mission but i only did 7% of the damage. Turn out the enemies on those drop ship barely had any hp.

(Trigger warning) i then decided to go all out and proceded to annihilate everything in sight.....can we call that soft grief?

Lol....saryn must be a very good frame......!!!

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Well the only thing you achieve with this mentality is stretching the time needed for the grind.

Thats not to mention theres usually SEVERAL frames you can play to be both effective, contributing to the objective and having fun. But if all you ever want to play is like Hydroid or buts then theres no sympathy to be had.

And the other sentences following the sentence you quoted provided the answer and reasoning.  If you're going to quote me, at least use the full context.  Thank you. 

2 часа назад, (PS4)shinzocan сказал:

DE pretty much says that all,the warframes are versatile. That said I believe that any frame, can be used for any job in the frame.....!!!

Yeah De not only says a lot of sht but also dont play their own game and when they do its level 30 at best. So no wonder.

il y a 23 minutes, SenariousNex a dit :

Metas are made so that PUGs can clear stuff headache free. 

Implying that the game his hard.

Ik that with some frame it is harder and some weapon are simply trash. But to be faire anything bellow sortie lvl can be completed by pretty much anything without too much effort.

Edited by angias

3 hours ago, (PS4)shinzocan said:

DE pretty much says that all,the warframes are versatile. That said I believe that any frame, can be used for any job in the frame.....!!!

I can't believe that as a truth, they made cc/damage/buff/tank and saying that all of the frames are versatile enough to do everything?

Definitely can't be...