Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 hour Kuva survival

(PSN)SAKIT_RANDHAWA

Question

I cannot complete this survival at all tried more than 5 times ,  

1st time i got lagged out at like 43 minutes

2nd time enemies wont drop oxygen capsules we lost at 58:25 mins 

3rd time we lost at 50 mins same enemies wont drop oxygen 

4th time apparently someone used a capsule at 45 mins when we had a hydroid with augment

i never liked challenges when i have to depend on someone else to not #*!% up

i need some tips on how to do it

i play on asia servers if someone wants to team up ps4 (SAKIT_RANDHAWA)

UPDATE - i really apreciate the help everyone 

i just manage to do it with saryn -frost and gara we had nekros too apparently decided he to leave at 20 mins without a word (typical recruit chat people)

but we completed it with 100 oxygen left with spamming of saryn and frost 

and gara would help in reviving 

Meaning you can do it without a farming frame but you need people who know what they are doing

btw we were me-13 others 24 and 9

Edited by (PS4)SAKIT_RANDHAWA
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

Bring a Khora with mod (or similar), stay close together and kill quickly....... if you down the enemies quickly, it’s cake..  but I know that’s not always easy to accomplish 

Finding people with specific frames is very hard 

and not alot of people play in asia like in north american servers

asked some people in my friend list if they wanted to do it , but apparently most of the people have given up or they are already rank30+ above 

and i have already wasted more that 6 hours 

and i am rank 26 i think so its shouldn't be a problem if i skip this one 

Appreciate the tips Thanks

19 hours ago, Diangelius said:

I did the challenge (last time when it appeared 1st time) fine as a Limbo, with a clanmate as a Nekros, in Nightmare mode. If you and that dude is experienced, only you 2 are enough to lift the challenge.

Only Nekros is enough for Taveuni. But make sure that you bring a Slash-based weapon that helps you slaughter and dismember as many as you can. I brought Akjagara prime.

Allright Thanks!

On 2019-04-23 at 3:47 AM, (PS4)SAKIT_RANDHAWA said:

I cannot complete this survival at all tried more than 5 times ,  

1st time i got lagged out at like 43 minutes

2nd time enemies wont drop oxygen capsules we lost at 58:25 mins 

3rd time we lost at 50 mins same enemies wont drop oxygen 

4th time apparently someone used a capsule at 45 mins when we had a hydroid with augment

i never liked challenges when i have to depend on someone else to not #*!% up

i need some tips on how to do it

i play on asia servers if someone wants to team up ps4 (SAKIT_RANDHAWA)

nekros for capsules , and play only with friends or solo i almost Lost because of the capsules

You don't need to do it in a group, you don't need to fill the air supply with kuva, you don't need to guard them.
Did it solo with Nekros spinning for 1h and exiting with 90% life support.

Edited by Void-Gunslinger
typo

I farmed for around 2-4 hours (didn't keep track of time) opening 20+ relics in a party of 2-3 running the same relic, most radiant,  looking for the last Hydroid part so hopefully before the week is out I can actually contribute to trying this crap.   I don't have any frames that can help with the oxygen drops.

Two players ditched the attempt I made at it,  the one player with hydroid that carried the game with pilfering swarm left at 40 and within 5 minutes we had to extract with 0 left on the clock or fail.

So now I just don't want to try it again at all until I can support myself and not rely on a random who decides to say they already did the survival and are extracting early, but within sight of the 60 minute finish line...

One question though is if you can use the air support for kuva?  Does that fail the nightwave?  Or does just activating them for life support fail it?

Edited by Kingsmount

23 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

One question though is if you can use the air support for kuva?  Does that fail the nightwave?  Or does just activating them for life support fail it?

I can confirm changing the air support for Kuva doesn't fail it. You need to activate one as life support to fail it.

Others already posted how to do it (with Nekros Desecrate ALWAYS on) so will skip on that.

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

How ?

By being good at the game. Shield of shadows build, zenurik focus for the energy(or arcane energize) or energy pads and vazarin focus, decent melee(probably a whip) with condition overload build and probably viral damage, maybe used creeping terrify as well. Also imagine he used health conversion in his build and maybe quick thinking. It's pretty hard to die on that combo, especially adding operator arcanes in as well. Nekros is a real tank if you build him right.

Edited by Zilchy

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

How ?

Nekros build - Standard max range | despoil | loot (I have this build for over 2 years, don't judge)
Enemy Radar   Cunning Drift   Health Conversion  Vitality  Overextended  Stretch  Primed Cont.  Fleeting Ex.  Despoil  Equilibrium
Arcanes: R3-Energize R3-Guardian

Weapon of choice: Atterax - memestrike build (the same, old a$$ build)
Burning Wasp 
Primed Pres. Point  Primed Reach  Primed Fury  Drifting Con.  Blood Rush  Weeping  MemeStrike  Organ Sha.

Sentinel: The prisma one that makes you invisible sometimes, okay most never than most but still, I like the vaccum (Shade, Prisma Shade) 
No weapon on the sentinel, you don't want to have it one-shooted.

No energypads consumed, pop desecrate at the beginning and forget about it.

Operator school: Naramon for the Power Spike passive. (you don't want to loose your combo multi when you encounter lvl 150 eximus bombards)
Operator arcanes: Elevate for keeping my frame alive in those tight situations and Lockdown for a little CC

And that's about it. Groffit!

L.E. - for the enemy spawn to be consistent, look for a place to stay in the first minute then commit to that place! If you go wondering in the map the spawns F-up. 
L.E. 2 - Just in case of wolfy poping up - I used Euphona Prime with a crit + radiation build, killed him pretty quick.
L.E. 3 - This is not a guide, this is how I did it!

Edited by Void-Gunslinger
Later edits

9 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

Nekros build - Standard max range | despoil | loot (I have this build for over 2 years, don't judge)
Enemy Radar   Cunning Drift   Health Conversion  Vitality  Overextended  Stretch  Primed Cont.  Fleeting Ex.  Despoil  Equilibrium
Arcanes: R3-Energize R3-Guardian

Weapon of choice: Atterax - memestrike build (the same, old a$$ build)
Burning Wasp 
Primed Pres. Point  Primed Reach  Primed Fury  Drifting Con.  Blood Rush  Weeping  MemeStrike  Organ Sha.

Sentinel: The prisma one that makes you invisible sometimes, okay most never than most but still, I like the vaccum (Shade, Prisma Shade) 
No weapon on the sentinel, you don't want to have it one-shooted.

No energypads consumed, pop desecrate at the beginning and forget about it.

Operator school: Naramon for the Power Spike passive. (you don't want to loose your combo multi when you encounter lvl 150 eximus bombards)
Operator arcanes: Elevate for keeping my frame alive in those tight situations and Lockdown for a little CC

And that's about it. Groffit!

L.E. - for the enemy spawn to be consistent, look for a place to stay in the first minute then commit to that place! If you go wondering in the map the spawns F-up. 
L.E. 2 - Just in case of wolfy poping up - I used Euphona Prime with a crit + radiation build, killed him pretty quick.

I'm suprised you didn't use a SoS build for even more protection but I got most of the rest right in my guess 😕

Nekros is such a beast ever since they made despoil a toggle. Ive only ever used my despoil build in infested salvage, I might have to try it in kuva survival now 🙂

Edited by Zilchy

It's not that hard with a proper nekro tank(despoil+health conversion+shield of shadows) in the team, even in pub game. If this challenge doesn't require a "friend" I could have soloed it.

Also a nidus cosmic specter with high dmg per shot weapon is surprisingly helpful. My lv 40 nidus specter survived the whole thing while my pub "friends" dropping left and right.

And in case you didn't know, the kuva harvester sill provides 10% life support on completion. So it's recommended to pick up that catalyst and get them going.

You only need 3 frames for this. We did with just 3 people to minimize any accidents, host migration, lag, etc. 

Gara (protect the capsule and tank and damage), Nekros (to give life support and CC with shield of shadows), and Saryn (to kill everything for life support). It was super easy. 

5 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

You only need 3 frames for this. We did with just 3 people to minimize any accidents, host migration, lag, etc. 

Gara (protect the capsule and tank and damage), Nekros (to give life support and CC with shield of shadows), and Saryn (to kill everything for life support). It was super easy. 

Yup we did it with saryn frost and gara

Although nekros makes it really easy 

Thanks

• Like 1

On 2019-04-25 at 3:10 AM, (PS4)SAKIT_RANDHAWA said:

Yup we did it with saryn frost and gara

Although nekros makes it really easy 

Thanks

Thats good! Glad it worked out for you! I must say tho, with gara, frost is practically useless. But yea oftentimes, 4 people isnt the best. 

5 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

Thats good! Glad it worked out for you! I must say tho, with gara, frost is practically useless. But yea oftentimes, 4 people isnt the best. 

I believe if you go far enough into Endless missions.... Frost will eventually over take Gara....

On 2019-04-27 at 3:25 AM, Lutesque said:

I believe if you go far enough into Endless missions.... Frost will eventually over take Gara....

Yes but with Infested Healer specter, you can get 99 percent dmg reduction, or 100x ehp. Besides 10x ehp with just gara is more than sufficient. It would be a long time before that happens.

And this is coming from someone who has used frost for about 30 percent of the time or 240 hours. Used to be a frost main, have his beefy skin, and I have all his 3 augments. But gara is simply too good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

Yes but with Infested Healer specter, you can get 99 percent dmg reduction, or 100x ehp. Besides 10x ehp with just gara is more than sufficient. It would be a long time before that happens.

True.... Gara's just more Practical for usual play sessions... insane Nightwave Challenges included.

13 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

And this is coming from someone who has used frost for about 30 percent of the time or 240 hours. Used to be a frost main, have his beefy skin, and I have all his 3 augments. But gara is simply too good.

She's Prettier too. :)

• Like 1

On 2019-04-23 at 2:52 AM, RolloDex said:

I'll do you one better, 59:02

In all seriousness though, having two looter frames, IE, Nekros and either Khora or Hydroid are going to help immensely, as are two muderframes to keep the heads rolling. Gara and Nidus fill this roll really well, though having a Trin wouldn't hurt.

I'll do you one better. 59:31. :[