Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe losing popularity!

AvPCelticPredator

Just now, seprent said:

eh i got nothing better to day waiting for the lawn to dry 

You could learn to knit, read a book, take up thumb-twiddling, really anything is better than arguing with a brick wall.

Like me, I'm posting here in between loading screens on a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Well find all stats if u can on steam somehow for (PC, Switch, Xbox etc) and show us!

Go on! 😉

Alright, let me show you how it works. 

If you take the rough 60k active players on steam from your chart, you can infer that roughly the same trend is on other platforms with a small discrepancy here and there (most likely +/-  1k-3k on the generous end). Currently warframe is available on:

- The Standalone Launcher 

- Steam

- Discord 

- Xbox One 

- PS4

- Nintendo Switch

NSW and Discord were recently added, so they would most likely have around 20% of the steam chart active (12k to those wondering)

So we can multiply that 60k by 4 to get 240k and add the 24k (based on a logical estimate) to get 260k active players across all platform over the past 30 days. That is the estimated total using 1 resource. 

So OP, what is your rebuttal. I'm curious. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aldain said:

You could learn to knit, read a book, take up thumb-twiddling, really anything is better than arguing with a brick wall.

Like me, I'm posting here in between loading screens on a game.

sometimes those brick walls deserves to be given a piece of my mind thinking its all high and mighty with its structural integrity and large surface area for playing games and chalk drawing

i do suppose i could cook something to eat 

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Lol, no. Everybody uses Steam for everything unless it's exclusive to a different launcher or they have a hatred of all launchers. Even if what you say were true, which it ain't, you still haven't explained how it would impact concurrency numbers.

You know perfectly well that that's not possible because the devs don't release those stats. What you're really trying to do here, in a very disingenuous way, is to say that since we can't have perfect numbers, the numbers that we do have are meaningless. That's not how that works.

It would change alot if we got the SA and console data. Around June (or July) 2018 the Steam users made up 18 millions of the current total playerbase (obtained from a data-leak).

And it is highly uncommon that games that are standalone at first become more popular on another launcher platform. So the current distribution of players is likely very even between steam and SA on PC with a few probably using discord aswell. If Steam does infact have the majority it wont be by much. That means the concurrent numbers go up by quite a bit when you add anything on PC that isnt steam.