Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oculyst Spawn Issue?

(XBOX)TheDragonFire2

Question

So I’m trying to farm some Conculysts for Broken War pieces, and from what I’ve read the only place to find them is on Lua, by letting the Oculyst detect me and then either a Conculyst or Battalyst will spawn in. I’ve been doing Plato as i find exterminate easier for solo, and when I get to their spawn point, the screen flashes blue and Lotus says something about how there are Sentient scouts and if they see me then fighters will attack. However, after this dialogue, no Oculysts spawn at all. Lotus does her dialogue then that’s it. Am I supposed to go to a different part of the tile set, or is this a bug? I’ve run around the entire tile set and haven’t found them at all.

12 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

After the screen flashes, you have to find the occulysts before they leave - they will not spawn on your location.  They should spawn around other enemies, so you'll want to move forward and either kill quickly or just keep moving and worry about the enemies later.

So generally they will do the spawn animations very close to the start, when I get close to the first cluster of enemies... when you say “other enemies” is there a specific spot? Because even if I’m by other enemies when Lotus says they’re coming they don’t show up anywhere...

1 minute ago, (XB1)TheDragonFire2 said:

So generally they will do the spawn animations very close to the start, when I get close to the first cluster of enemies... when you say “other enemies” is there a specific spot? Because even if I’m by other enemies when Lotus says they’re coming they don’t show up anywhere...

Other enemies could mean the next room or outside area.

However, I saw a post similar to this like a week ago and the Oculyst spawns are bugged. They'll sometimes spawn in walls or under the terrain.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)TheDragonFire2 said:

By "other enemies" I simply meant that they won't spawn in an empty tileset with no one else around.  So, if you follow the trail of enemies that you are supposed to kill, you should find them, if you are quick enough and if there isn't a bug happening.  The spawns may be bugged, but I have not seen any confirmation of that, so I can't say if they are or not.

Need to correct what I said before. Just tested it out and they no longer have blue dots on your minimap, what they do have is red triangles not filled in ie unaware enemy status. Use this to locate them quickly. You can clearly see it on the map here that the unaware icon is the oculyst.
rrYpB7e.png

What you can do is after your screen flashes and you are trying to find them i would recommend you turn your volume up. When you are close to them you will hear a sound quite similar to when they spawn but its rather low in volume and will make it hard to hear with everything else going on. I use this method to find them, run around wait till you hear a sound and then you know you are close to them, makes it way easier to find them this way

I recently farmed the parts for Broken War doing 40ish minute bouts on Lua/Tycho. They spawn every 5-7 minutes with increasing numbers of spawns each time. I slapped an enemy radar/primed animal instinct on so I could go directly from spawn to spawn for Life Support drops and took my Umbra for his built-in resistance-resetting Howl/Umbral mods for bonus sentient damage. Playing survival means the Oculysts spawn pretty close by since the enemies are always running toward you.