Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best way to level up stealthy frames?

H1SD

Question

Hello. I was wondering, what's the best way to level up stealthy frames (as in Loki etc. etc.). Hydron is a good place to level up, but since someone like Loki deals pretty much 0 damage with his abilities, it's not as efficient there. Any help is apprecieated

24 answers to this question

One of the better places to rank stealth Frames is Helene, a Grineer Defense node on Saturn. If you're bringing hard-hitting weapons (Opticor/Vandal, Lex/Prime, etc.) then you could push your luck and try the Kuva Survival on the Kuva Fortress (assuming you have access, of course.)

23 minutes ago, H1SD said:

Hello. I was wondering, what's the best way to level up stealthy frames (as in Loki etc. etc.). Hydron is a good place to level up, but since someone like Loki deals pretty much 0 damage with his abilities, it's not as efficient there. Any help is apprecieated

You can look into stealth XP farming. OS is a good option and even better if you have a friend to carry. Personally I like to multitask. Since you mentioned loki, I would level to rank 10 when you get disarm and then find a resource farm. Disarm with max range mods is amazing at speeding up enemies into hydroids #4 since it forces them into melee range. Ivara can do decent damage in certain specs. Ash well he can dps just fine. Limbo is a challange because of all the trolls that have ruined it for others. Best to just bring a good melee or weapon. Mod Min range max duration to protect targets.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, affropiaf said:

or just run solo exterminate with naramon and stealth kill

I'd also advocate stealth exterminate but just want to point out that naramon doesn't help you in any way in doing so.  The bonus affinity only counts toward your melee weapon and you don't care what your combo counter is at because presumably you are using a weapon that can one-shot with a finisher (eg a covert lethality dagger).

High level spy missions are always an option also.

• Like 1

Kill a lot of Enemies with your Weapons. i'd recommend Stealth XP(usually Exterminate) with a Melee Weapon generally. but you could do loud versions in say, Onslaught.
could do Spy if you want to go the Finishers for the entire Mission route.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The bonus affinity only counts toward your melee weapon

you don't care what your combo counter is at because presumably you are using a weapon that can one-shot with a finisher (eg a covert lethality dagger).

if one were multi-tasking Focus at the same time it could be useful, though.

the Hit Counter is quite important for being efficient since you want to ensure your wide sweeping Melee Weapon onehits all of the Enemies. Finishers are slow and would be a last resort rather than just sweeping the entire room at once.

• Like 1

I use Helen/Hydron when re-ranking Loki or Ivara, but I'm sporting an Arca Plasmor that does 19k radiation damage and wipes out whole hallways in a single shot. I also run an Affinity Booster, though that only kicks in after you exit the mission.

50% of the affinity from your weapon kills goes to your Warframe. 25% of kills by others in affinity range goes to your Warframe.

56 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if one were multi-tasking Focus at the same time it could be useful, though

Given that your rank less than 30 frame isn't getting focus and that no other frame is as effective as Banshee in the first place I don't see why you'd bother tying to combine the activities.  Spend the 10 minutes to rank your frame and then spend the 20 minutes to cap focus.  But that's just me.

1 hour ago, IceStorm_III said:

I also run an Affinity Booster, though that only kicks in after you exit the mission.

what. an XP Booster doubles all of the Affinity you get. all of it. that includes.... during the Mission.

The level on your Warframe does not go up until after you exit the mission. When running a booster, if I gain, say, 5 ranks during the round, when I exit I'll get another 3-5 ranks.

That may just be the success bonus getting a boost over the regular success bonus, though 

Edited by IceStorm_III

If you're doing stealthy Exterminates for leveling, it's worth noting that your melee weapon will make noise when it damages an enemy or collides with a surface (i.e. nearby enemies will hear it and become alerted). It'll be much easier for you if Hushed Invisibility is equipped, since it'll silence your melee weapons (and is one of the only available methods of doing so).

Also, enemies will become alerted if they spot a corpse, so make sure you use Channeling kills (since the corpse will rapidly disintegrate into nothingness).

EDIT:

9 minutes ago, IceStorm_III said:

The level on your Warframe does not go up until after you exit the mission.

Not correct, but also kind of?
Your equipment does indeed level up throughout the mission, but the bonus affinity (i.e. a rather large portion of the total affinity gained) is not applied until the mission is completed.

You're able to check how much affinity you've gained (including the bonus) during a mission through the "Check Mission Progress" button. I think it's P by default, but I might be wrong. Whatever the default is, you can rebind it to something more comfortable.
But yeah, checking this is helpful for determing whether you've gained enough affinity to max out your frame/weapon. If you have, then you can start blowing up the mission the usual way to end it more quickly, instead of being stealthy-but-slow the whole way through.

Edited by SortaRandom

3 minutes ago, IceStorm_III said:

The level on your Warframe does not go up until after you exit the mission.

When running a booster, if I gain, say, 5 ranks during the round, when I exit I'll get another 3-5 ranks.

that is completely incorrect. if your item gains enough XP to go to the next Level, it goes to the next Level right then.

the extra XP you get when exiting the Mission has nothing to do with the Booster. you get an extra 125% (of gained) XP when successfully completing ANY Mission. it's a 'not losing' Bonus.

Edited by taiiat

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that is completely incorrect.

In context, it matters because it doubles your success bonus. If you're on Helene/Hydron and people drop after Wave 10, you're probably on the edge of Rank 10. When you exit, you'll go up another 5-7 ranks, not just 2-3, because of the affinity booster. If you want to make use of an offensive 4 (Ivara's Artemis Bow), that means you need to tough it out until your PUG lets you make it to Rank 10, or you just exit if possible around rank 8 or 9 and let the booster do its work to push you over rank 10.

the extra XP you get when exiting the Mission has nothing to do with the Booster.

The Affinity Booster doubles the gain from mission success rewards.

Edited by IceStorm_III

3 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The bonus affinity only counts toward your melee weapon

This is not quite true fellow Tenno.  The Stealth Multiplier affinity bonus applies to whatever weapon you are using.  This includes primaries and secondaries.  It just requires the weapon be silent or have a silence mod on it.  I've used this very method with Ivara to quickly rank up weapons using the stealth multipliers.  

In context, it matters because it doubles your success bonus. If you're on Helene/Hydron and people drop after Wave 10, you're probably on the edge of Rank 10.
When you exit, you'll go up another 5-7 ranks, not just 2-3, because of the affinity booster.
If you want to make use of an offensive 4 (Ivara's Artemis Bow), that means you need to tough it out until your PUG lets you make it to Rank 10, or you just exit if possible around rank 8 or 9 and let the booster do its work to push you over rank 10.

that is mathematically impossible. if your in Mission XP was within a level or 2 of your Warframe being Lv10, the Completion Bonus will meet your threshold target of Lv10 whether you have a Booster or not. for all of the XP you already gained is far more than the XP to the next Level. 

The Affinity Booster doubles the gain from mission success rewards.

stop backpedaling. you already tried to claim that Affinity works in a different way than it actually works. backpedaling now doesn't change that.
not really sure how much 'help' you are providing people when you feed them inaccurate information + wrong numbers, then backpedal out of it when called out.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

The Stealth Multiplier affinity bonus applies to whatever weapon you are using.

(that was talking about Affinity Spike, the XP Multiplier for Melee Weapons)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

(that was talking about Affinity Spike, the XP Multiplier for Melee Weapons)

There are two stealth multipliers, one is affinity and the other is damage bonues.  Only melee gets the damage bonuses from stealth multipliers.

All weapons get the stealth multipliers for affinity as long as the enemy is one-shoted or dies before waking up if asleep and not alerted.  This is easier to do with some weapons than it is with others.  Then there are frame abilities like sleep that make getting and keeping the stealth multiplier for affinity going.  

This is what I was explaining because some don't realize it (Stealth affinity multipliers) can be done with other weapons besides melee.  It just happens to be very easy to do with Ivara.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

15 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is not quite true fellow Tenno.  The Stealth Multiplier affinity bonus applies to whatever weapon you are using.

I wasn't talking about the stealth bonus.  The bonus affinity -- from naramon's affinity spike passive -- only applies to the melee weapon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

(pst, the Focus Node, not Stealth XP / Damage Multipliers)

5 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

I wasn't talking about the stealth bonus.  The bonus affinity -- from naramon's affinity spike passive -- only applies to the melee weapon.

My bad.  I never really used Naramon.  😁 

39 minutes ago, LdSurtr said:

Hydron is great (Helene is Hydron Jr)
Sanctuary Onslaught is also great (and rewards nicely usually)

Stealth frames have another option available to them as soon as they can go invisible.  Which is usually fairly as early as rank 0.  OP was asking about those methods.  

I'm only quoting you in case you didn't know this and for others who might read later.