The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ability To Listen To Devstreams On Your Ship Radio

thecursedcometh

Simple idea. Just to be able to tune in to a live devstream (option will not appear if there is not one live), and listen to it like a podcast.

I don't know why they should add it, just think it'd be cool. Maybe add it as a little option in the menu in your ship, or maybe hold interact on the radio.

Edited by thecursedcometh
typo
  • Like 2

I've been wanting this forEVER!   I think it'd be cool, in general, to have a hyperlinked "window" decoration we could install in Orbiter/Dojo to view linked Youtube/Twitch/Mixer vids!  I mean, wouldn't it be cool to fill your Dojo with a playlist of music? OR gather all your clanmates to watch a livestream together!?  

Or get REALLY meta, and stream your gameplay TO your clanmates IN the clan WHILE playing Warframe! 😄

il y a 10 minutes, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu a dit :

Or get REALLY meta, and stream your gameplay TO your clanmates IN the clan WHILE playing Warframe! 😄

Lol. Gameception

It would definitely be nice to have a screen to watch DE's streams in game while you manage other stuff 

Edited by Autongnosis
  • Like 1

il y a 16 minutes, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu a dit :

Indeed. I can only imagine it's more of an "immersion" thing.

Yeah but for me it's also about management, i mean i don't have that much time and having the option to overlay the stream while setting up trades and or doing orbiter stuff would be nice... Or maybe have it be broadcasted on relays as well? That would be cool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Yeah but for me it's also about management, i mean i don't have that much time and having the option to overlay the stream while setting up trades and or doing orbiter stuff would be nice... Or maybe have it be broadcasted on relays as well? That would be cool

Hm, I suppose.  I'm all for the idea, I was just citing why it might not have yet been a thing. 

As a clan leader, I'm always excited for a chance to bring something to the table that encourages my clan to come together.

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu a dit :

Hm, I suppose.  I'm all for the idea, I was just citing why it might not have yet been a thing. 

As a clan leader, I'm always excited for a chance to bring something to the table that encourages my clan to come together.

Tbh it could also be used as secondary mean to broadcast event messages. On top of the inbox message i mean

11 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I've been wanting this forEVER!   I think it'd be cool, in general, to have a hyperlinked "window" decoration we could install in Orbiter/Dojo to view linked Youtube/Twitch/Mixer vids!  I mean, wouldn't it be cool to fill your Dojo with a playlist of music? OR gather all your clanmates to watch a livestream together!?  

it would be really nice, i mean... to just be streaming and fill your ship with your twitch stream so that you can just watch yourself for all eternity, or to have a video about how to make a good nidus build while modding your own nidus, or hell! one step further, buyable only item that is connected to live canadian TV (and wherever in the world you are)

i mean... i really hope this happens, god i hope so as it'd be useful to have, even if only as a new feature on the pause menu, as a small screen to the side that acts as a mini search browser for the warframe website, forums, wiki and DE youtube and twitch channels. hopefully it'll happen at some point! it'll just take a lot of programming

This would be SOOOOO COOOOOOLLL! I mean, I have dual monitors anyways, so I can watch while playing, but still a really cool idea. I feel though that it would be limited to just the dev official streams. Like a Tenno Broadcast Network. And when the Devs aren't streaming, broadcast other things, like warframe profiles. If the programs get annoying, include a volume control in the options menu to turn them down.

1 minute ago, xZeromusx said:

This would be SOOOOO COOOOOOLLL! I mean, I have dual monitors anyways, so I can watch while playing, but still a really cool idea. I feel though that it would be limited to just the dev official streams. Like a Tenno Broadcast Network. And when the Devs aren't streaming, broadcast other things, like warframe profiles. If the programs get annoying, include a volume control in the options menu to turn them down.

i feel like it would be limited to this at first until permissions are granted and stuff and it can spread itself to all of the internet... Devstreams (when live), warframe trailers, warframe profiles, previous devstreams (maybe), podcasts (maybe) and sometimes a warframe partners stream (if they are live) or latest video

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

i feel like it would be limited to this at first until permissions are granted and stuff and it can spread itself to all of the internet... Devstreams (when live), warframe trailers, warframe profiles, previous devstreams (maybe), podcasts (maybe) and sometimes a warframe partners stream (if they are live) or latest video

I'm hesitant to see anything outside the devs and official warframe content included, personally, since I feel that if one of them has a mental breakdown and goes off the deep end while streaming live to the entire community in game, DE could have a nightmare on their hands. The devs themselves can speak for themselves easier, and can have better control on the content they broadcast. I'm not saying that the warframe partners are necessarily going to lose their 5#!7 while live in front of the entire game's player base, but the devs themselves are at least direct employees of DE, and their content directly relates to game news rather than entertainment, and their screw ups carry more weight to them, as their jobs and livelihood are on the line. Partners can have jobs of their own outside of their streaming for Warframe, so I feel the incentive to keep your 5#!7 together on air is higher with the devs than it is with partners.

Edited by xZeromusx

12 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

I'm hesitant to see anything outside the devs and official warframe content included, personally, since I feel that if one of them has a mental breakdown and goes off the deep end while streaming live to the entire community in game, DE could have a nightmare on their hands. The devs themselves can speak for themselves easier, and can have better control on the content they broadcast. I'm not saying that the warframe partners are necessarily going to lose their 5#!7 while live in front of the entire game's player base, but the devs themselves are at least direct employees of DE, and their content directly relates to game news rather than entertainment, and their screw ups carry more weight to them, as their jobs and livelihood are on the line. Partners can have jobs of their own outside of their streaming for Warframe, so I feel the incentive to keep your 5#!7 together on air is higher with the devs than it is with partners.

very true... but it'd still be nice to get some content from warframe partners on stream too, y'know? some simple comedy or extra knowledge is always fun to receive along the way, partner streams maybe not, but video's hopefully (doubt they would show them crying in a corner or going ape crap on a video if they have decent editing skills)

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

very true... but it'd still be nice to get some content from warframe partners on stream too, y'know? some simple comedy or extra knowledge is always fun to receive along the way, partner streams maybe not, but video's hopefully (doubt they would show them crying in a corner or going ape crap on a video if they have decent editing skills)

Likely not, but on top of all that, there exists the copyrights likely coming into question. I'm not familiar with the extended details of the partner streams or the contracts they sign, so I have to question who owns the copyrights of partner videos too.

51 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

Likely not, but on top of all that, there exists the copyrights likely coming into question. I'm not familiar with the extended details of the partner streams or the contracts they sign, so I have to question who owns the copyrights of partner videos too.

i didn't think of copyrights, so you are right, its unlikely

53 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

yeah I thought maybe this would come into the question, that's why I suggested just devstreams. Still, really good ideas all around.