Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp has Corrosive Proccs! (Sol Gate vs. lvl 165 Heavy Gunners /w video)

Ced23Ric

So I was in the Simulacrum to fiddle with my energy color, and, uh... I've noticed something weird.

X63rwiz.png

Those are corrosive proccs stripping their armor.

Where do those come from? I get the HEAT and the RAD, the ELEC is from the blue mote, but where's the CORR coming from?

They come from the Haste Mote. Should've read the Wiki. Why isn't this in the tooltip?

Edited by Ced23Ric

1 minute ago, Ced23Ric said:

So I was in the Simulacrum to fiddle with my energy color, and, uh... I've noticed something weird.

X63rwiz.png

Those are corrosive proccs stripping their armor.

Where do those come from? I get the HEAT and the RAD, the ELEC is from the blue mote, but where's the CORR coming from?

From her 3 if I'm not mistaken

I like Wisp more and more as I play her.  I already thought she was awesome when I first started to rank her up but there is so much to her abilities.  I believe the DE designer made Nidus and Saryn as well, which I can totally see.  A brilliant addition to WF.

17 minutes ago, EdinburghKev said:

I like Wisp more and more as I play her.  I already thought she was awesome when I first started to rank her up but there is so much to her abilities.  I believe the DE designer made Nidus and Saryn as well, which I can totally see.  A brilliant addition to WF.

Agreed. The mobility she has is crazy and it's the one thing I was waiting for to get into warframe: Lots of directional teleports with full control where I go. The buffs are epic aswell, and the cc on top of that is great. Her damage with her 4th isn't that bad, if you see the video above she does deal a lot of damage, but if you check the energy bar, she ate through 260 energy before killing the first grineer.

13 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Her damage with her 4th isn't that bad, if you see the video above she does deal a lot of damage, but if you check the energy bar, she ate through 260 energy before killing the first grineer.

After a bit more fiddling, I feel like the issue is that her 4 doesn't proc Corrosive reliably. It seems like the status chance does not scale with power strength, and as a result it takes a long time to strip the enemies. I do have a horrible video uploading right now vs. 5x Gunner, 5x Bombard, and Wisp can kill them alright, but Excalibur, by comparison, just chews them up like no one's business due to his 95% status chance. Gonna take a moment to upload. I may have amped the quality and it's kinda big.

3 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

After a bit more fiddling, I feel like the issue is that her 4 doesn't proc Corrosive reliably. It seems like the status chance does not scale with power strength, and as a result it takes a long time to strip the enemies. I do have a horrible video uploading right now vs. 5x Gunner, 5x Bombard, and Wisp can kill them alright, but Excalibur, by comparison, just chews them up like no one's business due to his 95% status chance. Gonna take a moment to upload. I may have amped the quality and it's kinda big.

I believe the main reason is the low rate of fire on the sol gate. There's a tick every 0.5s or 0.7s. If you pick any other beam weapon you'll see multiple ticks in 1 second. If they upped the fire rate a little bit (they can reduce the dmg to offset the increasse of RoF), I believe wisp would be much more powerful. Also because she'd be able to proc her 3rd skill more often with her 4th. A synergy I discovered is that you can stun several enemies with your 3rd, then use your 4th to attack them while they're stunned, and since her 3rd skill acts also as a pax seeker, you'll have multiple bolts flying from the enemies to hit other enemies with rad procs. If she had a higher RoF there would be even more bolts coming out, meaning even more damage.

il y a 18 minutes, Ced23Ric a dit :

Here's Wisp vs. Excalibur.

--snip--

If you swipe it left and right continuously (as if you are marking with Bladestorm), it will kill the two rows faster. Please try it.

Edited by DeVieEtMort

13 minutes ago, DeVieEtMort said:

If you swipe it left and right continuously (as if you are marking with Bladestorm), it will kill the two rows faster. Please try it.

Turns the TTK of 30s into... 18s.

Wow.

Some frame don't have kill ablilities but a few with the right team rhino Nova ember frost revenant banshee nidus Octavia volt and others like that can. With support from team and right builds. But my reliable choice and people will disagree, I hope the through out there choice. I like revenant with Mesmer skin and Dance macbre you can do what do ok not like 800 kills in five minutes like saryn but I'll use him in every mission sortie and the like 

this started off positive, but i feel like this sort of comparison has limited/little value since it's gauging everything in the game solely based on the rate it can spam Corrosive Status.

there's a myriad of mechanics that exist in the game for Equipment to Kill Enemies with high EHP in far more than just by spamming Corrosive Status and then having a prayer afterwards(which, Abilities can take hints from or their own mechanics can be created).
ergo, rating everything based on the rate of applying Corrosive Status is a pretty excellent way to try and railroad Equipment into all doing the same thing, and is the sort of stuff that creates the """"meta"""" problems that the game has to begin with.

not to mention that actual Damage is just as if not more (usually more) important in any such situation too. 
which for example , in the most popular/common Mod Loadout situation, Wisp would Kill an Alloy Armored Enemy faster than Excalibur. or probably similar to par if Excalibur took advantage of Radial Blind. (while Excalibur would Kill a Ferrite Armored one much faster than Wisp)

(i hope you also noticed that your cat Crits was active for Excalibur, while it was not for Wisp)

3 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Turns the TTK of 30s into... 18s.

But you also could just combo Stun Mote and Breach Surge with any decent melee and you'd kill them in quarter of that time and energy cost.

No matter how you spin it, it just doesn't measure up against the rest of her kit

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

I went with brutality, as Wisp is very energy-efficient otherwise.

Pr1lPHD.png

Give it a try, it works quite well.

Interesting build!
Wisp is quickly becoming my favorite frame. Her looks, passive and play style is so satisfying.
I'm all about the reservoir fire rate life so I haven't used her 4 much.. I will try your build (coupled with black energy color lmao)
giphy.gif