Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your access to in-game chat has been suspended.

(PSN)EItyr

Question

Hello, little introduction.

I've been playing this game on PS4 since last month, and I am a homosexual. 

Today, someone asked in chat to repeat the more colloquial term for the sexual orientation, the non offensive one which starts with G and has 3 letters, which I am not gonna repeat, because it resulted in a ban from all in game chats.

I would like to inquire about the lenght of the ban. I have already sent a ticket about this, but I am a pretty impatient person and haven't found any answer around.

Thanks in advance for the answers. 

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, (PS4)EItyr said:

I would like to inquire about the lenght of the ban. I have already sent a ticket about this, but I am a pretty impatient person and haven't found any answer around.

• Your ban will be a week.
  • Your ticket is a waste of Support's time. Searching on the forums would have told you this. They do not deal with bans that last less than 7 days.

If you said the word you claim, you will get banned in chat but not on the forums. DE bans it because there is no reason to discuss your own sexuality in Warframe; and because people will attempt to use it as an insult if they are allowed to say it. I know, we have such a mature community right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)EItyr said:

Thanks in advance for the answers. 

Its support's policy not to discuss the ban or tickets about the ban until the ban is lifted and then the ticket will be closed as it is no longer valid. Best case is to just run with it and hope for the best, it can take 2 weeks normally for such situations though. I believe you might be able to submit a ticket after that time as elapsed.

31 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Its support's policy not to discuss the ban or tickets about the ban until the ban is lifted and then the ticket will be closed as it is no longer valid. Best case is to just run with it and hope for the best, it can take 2 weeks normally for such situations though. I believe you might be able to submit a ticket after that time as elapsed.

So I won't get an answer until after I'll no longer need an answer? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)EItyr said:

So I won't get an answer until after I'll no longer need an answer? 

Pretty much.  

Oh, and there isn't a list of words that will trigger the kick bot either.  It's best to avoid anything pertaining to sexual orientation, religion, politics and memes.  That'll keep you safe, for the most part. 

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Pretty much.  

Oh, and there isn't a list of words that will trigger the kick bot either.  It's best to avoid anything pertaining to sexual orientation, religion, politics and memes.  That'll keep you safe, for the most part. 

Will probably stop using in game chat altogether apart from trades and group searchs. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EItyr said:

Will probably stop using in game chat altogether apart from trades and group searchs. 

Well, the bot doesn't trigger outside public channels. 

Team, Clan, Alliance, I've never seen people kicked in those. 

L & G are both banned words in public chat channels. On one hand it's super frustrating when you are LGBT and use those words in a sensible way, but I guess on the other hand, most gamers are only going to be using those words in a derogatory way.

Chat bans should only last a week if I recall. You can still use squad, clan, & alliance chats, I believe. Only channels with a [DE] Kickbot issue bans.

Edited by Lightning_Bloom

6 hours ago, Lightning_Bloom said:

L & G are both banned words in public chat channels. On one hand it's super frustrating when you are LGBT and use those words in a sensible way, but I guess on the other hand, most gamers are only going to be using those words in a derogatory way.

Chat bans should only last a week if I recall. You can still use squad, clan, & alliance chats, I believe. Only channels with a [DE] Kickbot issue bans.

That is not true, I am banned in every single in-game chat and cannot even use the /inv feature. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)EItyr said:

That is not true, I am banned in every single in-game chat and cannot even use the /inv feature. 

The chat ban, once it's imposed, applies to all chat channels. What they mean is that it won't trigger if what you said was in a private channel. The kickbot hands out automated bans, which is what happened to you, but it doesn't monitor private channels.

Just now, GrayArchon said:

The chat ban, once it's imposed, applies to all chat channels. What they mean is that it won't trigger if what you said was in a private channel. The kickbot hands out automated bans, which is what happened to you, but it doesn't monitor private channels.

Oh, I actually didn't realise the ban was applied everywhere. That really sucks.