Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny is going Free-to-Play, what does it mean for Warframe?

(PSN)SpicySpaceTurtle

Цитата

this "no endgame" because you're stronger than thanos when compared to guardians and we have this news about bungie nerfing good exotics to keep the endgame engaging so do you like your mesa, saryn, chroma and all nuke frames nerfed to ground as the act of balancing for endgame?

This or any other problem isnt my or players problem how they balance endgame. 

They kind of came close to it in arbitration, but as always made it fckn annoying in the end instead of difficult and barely give you any rewards.

Цитата

Also, that's the only thing that you will do, either do the raid, pvp or whatever grinding activity every time, hardly anything else than that, that's the only thing you will do until you get that god roll weapon

And the only thing I do in warframe now is just breed kavats at mr27 - or for other players that still need/want endo or kuva or whatever "whatever grinding activity every time"

Yeah so much better.

Edited by -Temp0-

52 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

This or any other problem isnt my or players problem how they balance endgame. 

They kind of came close to it in arbitration, but as always made it fckn annoying in the end instead of difficult and barely give you any rewards.

And the only thing I do in warframe now is just breed kavats at mr27 - or for other players that still need/want endo or kuva or whatever "whatever grinding activity every time"

Yeah so much better.

Do you have any idea how to make it difficult without resorting to bullet sponge or annoying systems? Because I can only think this far

Also, do you play simply only for the loot and not the gameplay? Because you look like one

Maybe you can take a break for a while

First of all you real brave for posting you OPINION and CONCERNS on the forums and I agree with your opinion about Destiny being potentionally dangerous for Warframe , at least until Railjack/ Empyrion are updated on the game (I'm not sure if it will make you play more than 3 weeks , like PoE or Fortuna).

Either DE accept it or not Warframe does need an Endgame, how it is posible for Warframe being 7 years old and still makes content for new players, like having +500 hrs means nothing, also am I the only one that think that having the Gamma color palette is like a slap for all of us who were playing way back and earn that, Is like if DE doesn't care about players that were playing back in the day.

The person that replied before me is kinda stoopid if he/she don't think Destiny will be a problem for Warframe, at least I know that I will play it (at least I will feel rewarded for the time spent and will be able to enjoy a game that used to be paid , or big part of it, for free) and I know that a lot of Warframe players will do the same.

Let's hope for the best, but I am concern, the devs still thinks that appareance is content.

Also I love Warframe and wishes the best for this game.

P.S: When does destiny 2 comes free, the date?

If you are too lazy for searching endgame ideas:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8aon5j/what_do_you_want_as_an_endgame_activity/

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-xiaomi-rev2&ei=GtkFXeCsEpCRggeq87-ICQ&q=warframe+endgame+ideas&oq=warframe+endgame+ideas&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3..0.197405.203390..203522...0.0..3.249.5006.0j25j9......0....1.........0i71j41j0i22i30j33i22i29i30j33i160.hKqZbKtILQ0

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT

40 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

First of all you real brave for posting you OPINION and CONCERNS on the forums and I agree with your opinion about Destiny being potentionally dangerous for Warframe , at least until Railjack/ Empyrion are updated on the game (I'm not sure if it will make you play more than 3 weeks , like PoE or Fortuna).

Either DE accept it or not Warframe does need an Endgame, how it is posible for Warframe being 7 years old and still makes content for new players, like having +500 hrs means nothing, also am I the only one that think that having the Gamma color palette is like a slap for all of us who were playing way back and earn that, Is like if DE doesn't care about players that were playing back in the day.

The person that replied before me is kinda stoopid if he/she don't think Destiny will be a problem for Warframe, at least I know that I will play it (at least I will feel rewarded for the time spent and will be able to enjoy a game that used to be paid , or big part of it, for free) and I know that a lot of Warframe players will do the same.

Let's hope for the best, but I am concern, the devs still thinks that appareance is content.

Also I love Warframe and wishes the best for this game.

P.S: When does destiny 2 comes free, the date?

If you are too lazy for searching endgame ideas:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8aon5j/what_do_you_want_as_an_endgame_activity/

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-xiaomi-rev2&ei=GtkFXeCsEpCRggeq87-ICQ&q=warframe+endgame+ideas&oq=warframe+endgame+ideas&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3..0.197405.203390..203522...0.0..3.249.5006.0j25j9......0....1.........0i71j41j0i22i30j33i22i29i30j33i160.hKqZbKtILQ0

If you see having weapons with copy paste stats on different models is rewarding, I'm not stopping you since I've played when it went free at the first time and it didn't hold my attention

To make it clear, every weapon has random perks rolled in it, imagine it as weapons with riven mods attached by default and no way to change the perks set in it so stick with it or grind again until you get the perfect set in it

On stats, there's no difference in it. It's like having the model of karak, braton, or any assault rifle but the stats are the same

damage : 24

critical : 12%

If that's what you see as rewarding, go ahead

So, my thread got added here and I am happy to see that there IS a real debate for this issue: endgame, content, quests, cross-playform, etc... I also realise that it is the "veterans" (reps above 1~2k) that are more reluctant to address the issue, either saying the thread is "drama", "stupid", "doom", "laughable", "clickbait", or just dismissing the issue all together (meanwhile saying that they're going to play Borderlands 3)... Every opinion is valid, of course. But those who treat it with this kind of respect, get the same respect back.

I still think that ultimatelly the competition will be a good thing (despite some accusing me of the complete opposite) and it will help the game get better... and get better faster! (we might see that thing the Devs were "working on" to ease the entrance to new players, this year(?)... Or at least, sooner rather than later). 

But I learned that, if there is one word that gets people triggered in the Warframe forums, that word is: Destiny.

tenor.gif?itemid=5218036

just got off Destiny base game...they've added the 2 year one expansions for free and earlier than September. As for the new additions and Bungie's road map, I like it. It seems Bungie has thrown off the shackles and has (finally) embraced games as a service. I suspect when the next expansion gets released and Destiny moves to Steam in September, Forsaken will go for a massive discount and/or free for a limited period. AND that expansion from little I've played of it via a friend, is most definitely worth the time. 

I just want to add that players here need to understand that Destiny and Warframe are much more alike, than they are different. And our discussion here hinders on that fact. As they are about to become even more alike.

So if you still don’t think that FTP Destiny will take players from warframe, and perhaps hold them due to certain advantages that Destiny may hold over Warframe, then I honestly don’t think your opinion is valid. To move forward with the discussion we need to forget this “apples v oranges” mentality.

No offence, seriously!

1 minute ago, NeillMcAttack said:

I just want to add that players here need to understand that Destiny and Warframe are much more alike, than they are different. And our discussion here hinders on that fact. As they are about to become even more alike.

You say all that, and you didn't know that Destiny's base game was free on multiple occasions. Never did it take players away from Warframe.
So why would it happen now?
And again, it's just the base game that's free. You will still have to buy DLCs. Something you don't have to do in Warframe. So they aren't becoming alike...

42 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You say all that, and you didn't know that Destiny's base game was free on multiple occasions. Never did it take players away from Warframe.
So why would it happen now?
And again, it's just the base game that's free. You will still have to buy DLCs. Something you don't have to do in Warframe. So they aren't becoming alike...

A couple things, first, you can’t prove that it didn’t take any players. And second, the base game of Destiny 2 was pants and It’s not going to just be the base game this time. It’s everything released up to now. With a newer expansion releasing on the date it goes FTP, that will be purchasable.

The forsaken expansion, which will be free in September, is the most complete Destiny has ever been, with lots of content and an easy road in for new players. Even Destiny’s biggest critics will argue that forsaken was the best destiny has ever been.

So you must admit that Destiny is coming with, raids, PvP, 3 - 6 players Co-op activities, Cross progression, and a Marketing budget to boot. And if you accept that, you must admit people aren going to at least download it and try it out?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NeillMcAttack said:

So you must admit that Destiny is coming with, raids, PvP, 3 - 6 players Co-op activities, Cross progression, and a Marketing budget to boot. And if you accept that, you must admit people aren going to at least download it and try it out?

Really, do I really have to admit anything?
Fact is, people bought Destiny 2 and the DLCs.
Fact is, Destiny 2 isn't doing fine. If it was doing fine, Bungie would never make it F2P. Why would they if they had enough players? This is a somewhat desperate move to generate players.
Fact is, people left Destiny 2 because they didn't enjoy the game, which is fine. Not everyone has to like everything.
But all the things people disliked are still in the game. F2P or not changes nothing. It's the same game that already lost a great chunk of people.
Will it get some people's attention when it goes F2P? Sure thing.
Will it keep those players? Unlikely, because of what I already wrote.

At the same time Warframe does fine. Getting more and more players, having more active players. Expanding gameplay.

• Like 1

hace 2 horas, WhiteMarker dijo:

Really, do I really have to admit anything?
Fact is, people bought Destiny 2 and the DLCs.
Fact is, Destiny 2 isn't doing fine. If it was doing fine, Bungie would never make it F2P. Why would they if they had enough players? This is a somewhat desperate move to generate players.
Fact is, people left Destiny 2 because they didn't enjoy the game, which is fine. Not everyone has to like everything.
But all the things people disliked are still in the game. F2P or not changes nothing. It's the same game that already lost a great chunk of people.
Will it get some people's attention when it goes F2P? Sure thing.
Will it keep those players? Unlikely, because of what I already wrote.

At the same time Warframe does fine. Getting more and more players, having more active players. Expanding gameplay.

Whats are the problems that are still in the Destiny 2,no really I don't know them?

Also gotta consider that I am not saying Warframe Will lose players Permanently, we hace spent wat too many hours in and, sometimes even money, but we all know Warframe won't have More players until Railjack/ Empyrion comes out, and even there, sadly it will be like other 3 weeks in until player base fallo again, like in Fortuna and that playera base Will be playing other game and likely Destiny 2. Unless DE does something imposible, but my hopes are low.

• 1 month later...

The only thing that connects Destiny and Warframe are Sci fi Loot shoot. Destiny like bungie said themselves its best to play with friends that's exactly why new light was made so is more accessible you can get to the endgame real quick and you get "demos" of paid content. while Warframe is a farm fest a really fun one at that. So Warframe can be easily enjoyed by playing solo. destiny is more fun with friends that's the main appeal of New light. Warframe is massively enjoyable as a solo experience. while is fun to #*!% around with friends in the multitude of content d2 provides, is also mighty satisfying to feel like Thanos with all the infinity gauntlet deleting rooms of enemies with a press of a button in warframe.

tldr Destiny and Warframe are like twins with only superficial similarity's, but at the end it appeals to very different types of people.

is friendly completion is good for both sides.