Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time #251: Tonight at 7pm ET!

[DE]Megan

This is what happens right now in my head:

Me: Yay, Prime Time again!

Also me: You shouldn't watch it, it will be 1 AM and you have to go to work tomorrow.

Me: Yay, I don't care!

Also me: But you didn't sleep much the last few nights because of that game, you should really...

Me: Hahaha! As if I would care!

Also me: But...

Me: Hahaha! I'll just go to the doctor tomorrow so I can get to work later and watch Prime Time!

Also me: Great idea, just go to the doctor after every Prime Time. Nooot suspicious...

Mind if I say something? If DE wants to sync up everything, then why don't they use a custom server to send cues to all clients regardless of platform that trigger events, instead of pushing updates to enable them for x amount of time. Also, while we are at it, make a custom server that holds all accounts, and have all platforms point to it for login. Updates and hotfixes can also be done in a simmilar way, custom server pushes files/updates/hotfixes/content, and is stored on the hard drive of said console, ready for use by warframe. All that would be left is the issue with platinum discounts...

16 minutes ago, SmashAce said:

Updates and hotfixes can also be done in a simmilar way, custom server pushes files/updates/hotfixes/content, and is stored on the hard drive of said console, ready for use by warframe. All that would be left is the issue with platinum discounts...

They really can't. Good luck pushing unqualified, unsigned code out to enduser consoles. 

49 minutes ago, SmashAce said:

Mind if I say something? If DE wants to sync up everything, then why don't they use a custom server to send cues to all clients regardless of platform that trigger events, instead of pushing updates to enable them for x amount of time. Also, while we are at it, make a custom server that holds all accounts, and have all platforms point to it for login. Updates and hotfixes can also be done in a simmilar way, custom server pushes files/updates/hotfixes/content, and is stored on the hard drive of said console, ready for use by warframe. All that would be left is the issue with platinum discounts...

They don't use updates to enable events (unless an update is actually required to add a new event to the game), they use the servers; the worldstate. The issue with Plague Star is there are crashes currently related to it that need fixing before they put Plague Star live otherwise it would be unplayable. What's the point of launching an event nobody can play?

Additionally, updates/hotfixes can't just be pushed out on consoles like they can on PC. That's not allowed. Code changes must pass certification before they're pushed out to players.

3 hours ago, Riger82 said:

I'm sort of terrified to watch those two try to fight a boss... But also fascinated, because its always a bit like a train wreck.

It's not as hard as you think. Only hard part is when our game and console crash hard losing everything and having to wait 4 xbox to start back up lol

Archived