Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fanfics required...

Dontuspowerus

So, last year I was interested on reading warframe fanfictions whenever I am not busy grinding items and it is quite entertaining.

Speaking of, even though there are a lot of impressive works in there, there are a lot, and I mean a lot of lack of information about it or old fan fics that dated in the year of the game's launch or two, and grammar mistakes and jumbled story telling, but most of all.... discontinued fan fics.... Although I am not angry about these fan fics, this constructive criticism is only mentioned to say for the creators of those fan fics to be better, we're humans, we improve.

Yes I am trying to say to everyone who is capable of writing a beautiful fan fiction to read while we wait for end game is very much appreciated and you might even get paid by advertising your pateron to support yourself (and maybe even be given platinum from others by advertising your in game name) just by letting your gifted talent run as wild as the wind blowing under your armpit. 🙂 

Just now, Datam4ss said:

There are better things to write fanfiction about, trust me.

*Sad kitten face* but... but.... but..... Master Chiefs, Different colored Grineer Space Marines, a Tenno stuck with no ship warframes and allies in certain animu's.... the pawsibilities! QwQ

Now... let me see in what category you decided to post this thread...

... "Feedback"... "Weapon".

Wow.

With your skill with subforums, I expect that the reason you don't find fanfics is that you look for them in the telephone book.

Edit: Oh, you also abused of the "Megathread" tag. Wow. Are you looking for a ban or something? There's easier ways.

Edited by Dhrekr
  • Like 2

I'm currently writing a fanfic that's a crossover, if that counts. Nowhere near done yet though.

Here's one I found by 'CephalonGhost', that can be summarised as 'Ordis does transference with a Limbo, shenanigans and much angst ensues.' Obviously, this is Warframe, so graphic depictions of violence, and Ordis is involved, so Suicidal thoughts are too.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11684577/chapters/26301792?view_adult=true

3 hours ago, Dontuspowerus said:

So, last year I was interested on reading warframe fanfictions whenever I am not busy grinding items and it is quite entertaining.

Speaking of, even though there are a lot of impressive works in there, there are a lot, and I mean a lot of lack of information about it or old fan fics that dated in the year of the game's launch or two, and grammar mistakes and jumbled story telling, but most of all.... discontinued fan fics.... Although I am not angry about these fan fics, this constructive criticism is only mentioned to say for the creators of those fan fics to be better, we're humans, we improve.

Yes I am trying to say to everyone who is capable of writing a beautiful fan fiction to read while we wait for end game is very much appreciated and you might even get paid by advertising your pateron to support yourself (and maybe even be given platinum from others by advertising your in game name) just by letting your gifted talent run as wild as the wind blowing under your armpit. 🙂 

Why not write your own then...see if you can do better?

Thats how I got into writing Battletech fanfics. Managed to complete a few stories and put them on the Fictionpress website, but have a bunch of unfinished work still sitting on various flash drives.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thats how I got into writing Battletech fanfics. Managed to complete a few stories and put them on the Fictionpress website, but have a bunch of unfinished work still sitting on various flash drives.

Well, hehe..... you see, I am not that well versed into other lore besides dragon ball and other anime that is not compatible with warframe and typing in a cellphone is just overwhelming to say the least due to my fingers feeling pain because it is a small cellphone and my bones are not made to type for long. (Plus, my computer is broken at the moment due to me spilling coffee all over it)

3 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Wait a second... are you mad? Did you really even have to be mad? Excuse me but, why? Isn't criticism just a part of customer feedback? If no, then this reply got from serious to awkward as fast as a shrimp that can snap it's claws and launch a highly pressurised water at it's prey. (I think that the shrimps like that were called bullet shrimp... or probably not)

20 minutes ago, Dontuspowerus said:

Well, hehe..... you see, I am not that well versed into other lore besides dragon ball and other anime that is not compatible with warframe and typing in a cellphone is just overwhelming to say the least due to my fingers feeling pain because it is a small cellphone and my bones are not made to type for long. (Plus, my computer is broken at the moment due to me spilling coffee all over it)

Well a BIG part of writing of any sort is research. You have to know your subject matter. I spent about 2 years playing Battletech, reading sourcebooks and other peoples' fanfics before I felt able to have a go.

People love to criticise pretty much anything if it doesn't meet their expectations, but most have little clue how hard it is to actually do it well.

If you computer's broken, there are these things called pens and paper. Just sketch out some ideas with enough detail so that you can write a fuller version when your PC is back up and running. Personally, I have found its important to write ideas down before I forget them (memory like Swiss cheese).

12 minutes ago, Dontuspowerus said:

Wait a second... are you mad? Did you really even have to be mad? Excuse me but, why? Isn't criticism just a part of customer feedback? If no, then this reply got from serious to awkward as fast as a shrimp that can snap it's claws and launch a highly pressurised water at it's prey. (I think that the shrimps like that were called bullet shrimp... or probably not)

Where did I even hint I was mad? Inference is entirely on you there I'm afraid.

Seems a common thing these days for people to go on the offensive and attack others for daring to suggest they do stuff themselves, instead of expecting others to do it for them (really getting fed up of this passive/aggressive "snowflake" attitude).

Also, in what way is criticism / feedback on FANFIC of all things a valid thing? Either there's a community that wants to be involved in it, or there isn't. Its not something you should expect or demand.

Battletech has masses of lore and canon literature to draw on, so there was a thriving fanfic community I was able get help & feedback from. Warframe lore is very limited and sketchy at best, so you're unlikely to find much interest.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

I write fan fiction for a few other fandoms, and one of the important requirments for a strongly developed fic is research and an in depth understanding of the fandom's canon or lore. I haven't dug through all of the WF lore by any means yet, but what I can see is that it is somewhat tenuous and open to interesting debate. This would make it a bit difficult to craft well woven fics. You would need to grasp a thread and weave your version with that thread. One detail that has peaked my interest is the vast network support characters found on the relays and around the maps. Who are they? Where do they live? How do they interact with the Tenno, the operators and the varIous factions that they encounter during their daily tasks. For me, writing fan fiction is about finding an angle and running with it.  I hope that I find one soon, so that I can try my hand at this verse, although actually having a Tenno or Warframe as a main character might prove a bit complicated. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

You may want to take a walk over to the Fan Zone.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/17-fan-zone/

They have fan-fics, slash-fics, role playing, fan art and fan concepts. They are basically where the creative side of war frame hides. (keep in mind all of what I have seen has been pg-13 for forums sake)

I can hear an angel singing! SANGUIS NIOUS!!! Oh, wait, wrong fandom. Shoo Giant Chicken.(Lel, thanks dude)

5 hours ago, (PS4)jester_of_clubz said:

I write fan fiction for a few other fandoms, and one of the important requirments for a strongly developed fic is research and an in depth understanding of the fandom's canon or lore. I haven't dug through all of the WF lore by any means yet, but what I can see is that it is somewhat tenuous and open to interesting debate. This would make it a bit difficult to craft well woven fics. You would need to grasp a thread and weave your version with that thread. One detail that has peaked my interest is the vast network support characters found on the relays and around the maps. Who are they? Where do they live? How do they interact with the Tenno, the operators and the varIous factions that they encounter during their daily tasks. For me, writing fan fiction is about finding an angle and running with it.  I hope that I find one soon, so that I can try my hand at this verse, although actually having a Tenno or Warframe as a main character might prove a bit complicated. 

I agree with you my bud, but I think that the NPC's are all probably agents that joined with the tenno and the colorful ones are sindicates.

Also, here's a suggestion, sorry can't help it, my cogs are turning. We could do a operator only, stranded or otherwise...

probably a tenno getting killed while outside the transferance seat and I think that the transferance seat is like an anchor, because we can see that the tenno got pulled to the void when we die in game, and we're in a transferance seat. Now, we could get the tenno be pulled back by the void after death without the seat to anchor him and travel to another universe accidentally. The Lotus said "You're more vulnerable than ever" so we can exploit this as a possibility. Warframes being stranded, now that's the kicker.... the transferance might get disconnected...

19 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Now... let me see in what category you decided to post this thread...

... "Feedback"... "Weapon".

Wow.

With your skill with subforums, I expect that the reason you don't find fanfics is that you look for them in the telephone book.

Edit: Oh, you also abused of the "Megathread" tag. Wow. Are you looking for a ban or something? There's easier ways.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_RhbxdTbAA1mAz13zC-C

(now how can I delete this thread now that I have gathered information.. also how can I even make my lettering smaller...)

sorry, first timer here. and thanks for the heads up, even if it's in a rude, sarcastic way.

1 minute ago, Dontuspowerus said:

now how can I delete this thread now that I have gathered information

No need for that. It has also been moved into the appropriate section.

2 minutes ago, Dontuspowerus said:

sorry, first timer here. and thanks for the heads up, even if it's in a rude, sarcastic way.

These was a lesson that you'll be able to apply in all the forums you'll be a part of. Reading the subforum descriptions is always the first thing to be done before posting 😉

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well a BIG part of writing of any sort is research. You have to know your subject matter. I spent about 2 years playing Battletech, reading sourcebooks and other peoples' fanfics before I felt able to have a go.

People love to criticise pretty much anything if it doesn't meet their expectations, but most have little clue how hard it is to actually do it well.

If you computer's broken, there are these things called pens and paper. Just sketch out some ideas with enough detail so that you can write a fuller version when your PC is back up and running. Personally, I have found its important to write ideas down before I forget them (memory like Swiss cheese).

Where did I even hint I was mad? Inference is entirely on you there I'm afraid.

Seems a common thing these days for people to go on the offensive and attack others for daring to suggest they do stuff themselves, instead of expecting others to do it for them (really getting fed up of this passive/aggressive "snowflake" attitude).

Also, in what way is criticism / feedback on FANFIC of all things a valid thing? Either there's a community that wants to be involved in it, or there isn't. Its not something you should expect or demand.

Battletech has masses of lore and canon literature to draw on, so there was a thriving fanfic community I was able get help & feedback from. Warframe lore is very limited and sketchy at best, so you're unlikely to find much interest.

....This misinterpretation turned into something of a what if scenario on if warframes talk in a monotone voice or a chat without emoji's (lel).

6 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

No need for that. It has also been moved into the appropriate section.

These was a lesson that you'll be able to apply in all the forums you'll be a part of. Reading the subforum descriptions is always the first thing to be done before posting 😉

(I hate smol screens ree.) I'll definitely scroll down and read everything before posting.

• 1 year later...