Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should DE release more weapons of high rank?

angias

I want this one Machete level MR fodder locked behind MR27 just to watch the forum burn as the "mandatory for progression overpowered item" is locked so high up and obviously the game is P2W because of that.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 1

il y a 32 minutes, Ver1dian a dit :

I want this one Machete level MR fodder locked behind MR27 just to watch the forum burn as the "mandatory for progression overpowered item" is locked so high up and obviously the game is P2W because of that.

Doubt that would happen but it would be fun to witness.

Make it mr28 so everyone is upset about it.

il y a 28 minutes, Ver1dian a dit :

Can't do, we have to be reasonable here 🙄

Yes and no. Yes it is too high, no because it bring a point. The community expect that everything new should appeal to everyone, newcomer/seasoned/veteran, each part of the Community play content that is different with different requirement and difficulty. Main reason why people complain is because the new shinny doesn't fit their taste, need or is out of their reach. (Guess why people dislike farming mastery)

In my original post i had more in mind between rank 10 and 15.

Edited by angias

il y a une heure, Ham_Grenabe a dit :

What could they offer? How much more “up” is there before it just gets silly?

Staying in the pre-existing stats and requirement echelons.

I'm not asking for weapons above rank 16, i'm asking for more weapons in the ranks between 10 and 15.

More weapons with stats slightly bellow the tiberon/tigris prime would be great.

May i remind you that DE will release around 100 new weapons so asking if they could be better than the average/decent weapons is no more innapropriate than asking for all of them being average.

Many weapons type have a quite small presence in the meta and some just don't have a presence at all. Machettes are lacking in the melee meta, even the zaws one, does this mean that i should give up my hope to get a machette that compete with higuer tier melee because it is indecent to ask for a bigger quantity of high mr weapons.

When i say more high mr weapons, you all think more tigris prime, more vectis prime, more gram prime...you don't think a chance to get good dual dagger, great bow.

23 hours ago, angias said:

What a peculiar choice of words.

This mean nothing here.

Max out a mk1-braton then you'll understand.

Apologie.

I guess it would be a better way around.

De will still release new gears, it's just annoying they mostly target ''mid-game''.

But if DE can afford doing that sure.

Max a Mk1 Braton?  No, no, I dont mean to 'useable' as in, sure you can kinda sorta make it work.  No, I mean actually effective.  And yes DE can afford it, changing their weapon spreadsheet stats only costs time improving the game, instead of thinking up how to make the next invulnerable and derpy boss mechanic.

Another idea is to nerf the crap out of the enemies and curb the endless scaling that requires the insane levels of damage and modding we have now. 

Edited by KnightCole

il y a 27 minutes, KnightCole a dit :

Max a Mk1 Braton?  No, no, I dont mean to 'useable' as in, sure you can kinda sorta make it work.  No, I mean actually effective.  And yes DE can afford it, changing their weapon spreadsheet stats only costs time improving the game, instead of thinking up how to make the next invulnerable and derpy boss mechanic.

Another idea is to nerf the crap out of the enemies and curb the endless scaling that requires the insane levels of damage and modding we have now. 

We are on the same page then.

I aggree with pretty much everything.

There is just one thing, the max rank is 27 so if i am correct there will be around 100 new weapons or DE will rework the mastery system. Reworking the mastery system is kinda unlikely but this would be the best solution.

1 minute ago, angias said:

We are on the same page then.

I aggree with pretty much everything.

There is just one thing, the max rank is 27 so if i am correct there will be around 100 new weapons or DE will rework the mastery system. Reworking the mastery system is kinda unlikely but this would be the best solution.

I think the whole weapon power to lvl thing in this game is stupid.  THis is not a Division type game or MMO RPG in the traditional sense, where you need to keep getting better and better gear every couple levels.  Locking them behind a level to persuade people to go up the MR ladder I guess, but overall the MR leveling is so pointless overall.  I do think the MR could use a serious overhaul so its not so utterly pointless. What could be done?  I have no ideas.

i want some more MR 15 weapons... which are only obtained in parts from raid content with actual difficulty and interesting mechanics..

some slightly stronger than whats there "trophy weapons" that are top teir if not the absolute top. give reward for rewarding gameplay.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
More.

What more is there to add. Indeed from a design perspective you do not want to bar gear away from your playerbase, but at the same time what incentives will you give to players pursuing better gear? Most importantly how will you go and balance that out?

Regardless though I would love to see what that would mean in +MR 27. If Gram Prime is MR 14, then what kind of ridiculous finger of god is MR 30 weapon like?

3 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Regardless though I would love to see what that would mean in +MR 27. If Gram Prime is MR 14, then what kind of ridiculous finger of god is MR 30 weapon like?

The infinity weapons, the bane of this universe's existence where one snap will delete this universe, sending you to a completely new world with no memories of the previous, starting new

15 minutes ago, 844448 said:

The infinity weapons, the bane of this universe's existence where one snap will delete this universe, sending you to a completely new world with no memories of the previous, starting new

Hahhah, thank you for making me laugh. Agreed. Good comment. 😄

On 2019-06-21 at 6:13 AM, Ver1dian said:

make it be incredibly weak so that it's a huge pain to level up too.