Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your hopes for Nightwave Season 2? (also Infested rant)

Zahnrad

I agree about the infested. We need more lore.

There's a lot of stuff we can put together - for example, they make and recreate 'blueprint's of their infected, hence why the Kavor go in unarmoured and come out armoured, or why ancients show up an new infection areas - but nothing's really come of it, and there's big holes. We don't even know how they spread - some sources say they spread simply from contact with any part of you, but gameplay-wise (with the Kavor), it seems to be a post-mortem deal - poisoning or otherwise killing you then taking over your corpse. An air of mystery is one thing, and screwing up your own rules is another.

They also have a weird place in the universe. They're hyped as one of the biggest threats to the system, but also portrayed as somewhere between a threat and a nuisance - dangerous on the scale of, like, Cetus, but not really on the grand scale, as it's contained enough that most of the time there's no issues, and outbreaks get dealt with fast. I don't mind that, but I wish the universe would stop occasionally hyping them up as 'THE BIG THREAT' every now and then. I kind of prefer their Derelict/Eris portrayal as the 'monsters that creep around in the edges of the system' as their default, it adds to the whole fantasy part of future fantasy and makes them a tiny bit less cliché, or at least mixes up the tropes a bit. Having there be this super futuristic universe with super futuristic ruins stalked by monsters, and it makes the idea of them attacking a tiny bit more significant. 

• Like 3

Just no sandbag invader boss.

They could literally gut the entirety of the Nightwave rewards and have Nora insult me every 5 seconds, as long as I don't run into another -clem-ing soulless sponge with a weapon taped to it I would be content.

I agree we need more Infested lore-stuff. So many posibilities as some of you already said.

Whats interesting is that, Nightwave 1 introduced the Wolf and the Saturn Six (which means that we'll probably get an Infested boss) but the Wolf was also used as a vehicle to introduce Alad V and his Jupiter experiments. After Nightwave we got Jovian Concord. 

Maybe I'm reaching, but what if the Infested stuff is related to something? 

13 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I personally hope one day they introduce a Infested unit that you can't kill, but you instead have to do everything in your power to avoid detection by it.

This is a great idea. It could almost be the equivalent of an infested spy mission, where you have to figure out the mechanics of avoiding or stunning the boss in order to progress through the level. 

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

Actually good rewards on the way to max instead of just that armor set you want and nothing else.

A lot of people wanted Umbral Forma.

A lot of people appreciate stuff like Catalysts and Reactors.

Some people like the Emotes or the Captura scene.

Some people even like the Orokin Cells in the intermission. Not many, but if this were me a while back I'd be very happy with it (not now though, I've built up a Scrooge Money Bin.

'Good Rewards' are entirely subjective as Value is completely subjective and dependent on the person. So asking for 'Actually good rewards' means nothing, because who decides what good rewards are?

Am 26.6.2019 um 17:00 schrieb Vitamin.Ex:

When you start "expecting" things, your mind goes wild and whatever you end up with will never live up to what you had in mind. We all know that most features added in this game become a huge disappointment. The entire Nightwave thing just backfired in their face, same goes for the combat system changes and most events. 

I think OP doesn't want to spin a crazy plot. He just hopes for some focus on the infested. 

On 2019-06-26 at 6:15 PM, FatalPapercut said:

I want a complete overhaul of Nora's dialogue so what she says directly correlates to the task completed. No more vague, lazy, generic lines about being badass or the equal of our foes. I absolutely hate Nora and how disconnected the tasks, the rewards, and herself all are from each other.

NW Challenge: Pick up 15k credits
Nora Completion Spiel: Ladies and gentlemen we have the ultimate badass right here.

Me: ???

5 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

That it goes back into the hellhole from which it came.

cant do that, the current trend for devs these days is to see what other games have and sadly just copy it for themselves, imitate not innovate.

Edited by Methanoid