Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do now?.

DRHARMLESS

Question

Hello dear community,

I started the game yesterday and I bought Wukong Prime Primal Fury Pack just because I love it and bought 4300 plat by an accident :).

I literally dont know what to do now. Almost finished the paths on Earth, finished my kubrow quest and took her. 

Why my warframe mastery rank doesnt go above 1? (I saw there is a time ticking down daily level ups I guess)

Where can I use my 8k+ plat?

Can I buy items from players like maxed out weapons or something?.

Clan is necessary?.

My steam is profile is https://steamcommunity.com/id/drharmless/ (PC)

In-game : DRHARMLESS (PC)

23 answers to this question

Mastery Rank tests can be taken once a day. The MR xp from leveling up weapons, frames, pets for the first time to 30. You can also practice the tests on a Relay in the Simarus room you can quick travel to in the esc menu. Because if you fail a test, you then have to wait a day to take it again (yes, its a bit of a dated system)

For trading

You have to be Mastery Rank (MR)2. and there is a limit to trades per day based on your Mastery Rank. As of Update 25.0, players need to enable 2-Factor Authentication on the official Warframe site in order to gain access to trade. Follow these steps to enable 2FA:

1. Log into your PC account on the Warframe website and go to the Account Management page.
  2. You will see the option to “Enable Two-Factor Authentication” there.
  3. You’ll receive an email with a link to confirm. Click the link, and you’re all set!

You can buy maxed out mods. and new unused Syndicate weapons and Prime weapon parts.

Clans are not required... (yet) they have many weapons available to those that join them. This years winter expansion will require a clan to outfit your personal attack ship. And many clans love to help newbies.

Your platinum is best spent on slots for frames and weapons if you want to collect everything. Trading, then cosmetics. Only a handful of items I feel may be too grindy to actually farm for, but you can pretty much avoid buying any weapon or frame ever if you give it time.

Good resource for new players is the wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Its almost a necessity really.

And for trading. https://warframe.market/

Its Fan ran. And there is no "true" price for these items. So take it as a baseline.

As for where to go now. Do missions leading to the paths away from earth. The Junction node has objectives you must complete to unlock the mini boss there which in turn will open the path to the next planet (completion of the Junction will also usually reward quest lines progressing the story). And each planets base enemy level steadily increases as you progress. I'd avoid the open roam locations (earth: Plains of Eidolon and Venus: Orb Vallis) for awhile as they are "islands" of content, with resources mainly used for content within those open roam locations. Just worry about going through the star chart, reaching all planets and the base resources located at each which is useful for most blueprints.

Edited by Firetempest

@DRHARMLESS 

Welocme Tenno !

Why my warframe mastery rank doesnt go above 1? (I saw there is a time ticking down daily level ups I guess)

To rank up your Mastery Rank (MR) you will get the option to do the Mastery Rank Test as your bar i filled (by earning Mastery points from lvling your frames, weapons, pets)

You have the option to try to do these (once a day) at once or go to a station/relay and practice first at Cephalon Simaris.

I literally dont know what to do now. Almost finished the paths on Earth, finished my kubrow quest and took her. 

Clear the junction so that you can travel to the next planet, after you fulfill the junctions requirements. Venus should be your next focus and the Mercury if i remember right.

There is the whole solar system for you to clear out. Trust me you have a lot of hours in front of you, most of them joyful hours 😉

Hold on to them for now until you get a better grasp of the game, spend it initially on warframe/weapon/sentinel slots.

Good luck and may RNG be kind to you 

38 minutes ago, DRHARMLESS said:

Hello dear community,

I started the game yesterday and I bought Wukong Prime Primal Fury Pack just because I love it and bought 4300 plat by an accident :).

Clan is necessary?.

Woah um first you need to farm the materials for the weapon you are trying to build then level it the best place for leveling right now is sedna hydron and you can use your plat to buy prime stuff, mods etc.... 🙂

1 hour ago, DRHARMLESS said:

First thing, it's not the weapons that bring the power, it's the mods, as long as you have a few really good ones, you can slap them on any weapon and stroll through the star chart, so if you're planning on getting a weapon expecting to suddenly be OP for the current content, you're looking at it the wrong way. For that to happen get good mods. I'd advise maxed Baro'Ki Teer mods, since otherwise you'd be pretty far off from them, other mods are more easy to come by. The must have mods from Baro are:

Primed Continuity
Primed Flow
Primed Point Blank
Primed Ravage
Jolt
Voltaic Strike
High Voltage
Shell Shock
Primed Pistol Gambit
Primed Target Cracker
Primed Pressure Point

Also worth mentioning:

Primed Heated Charge
Primed Cryo Rounds
Primed Fever Strike
Primed Charged Shell
Primed Reach

Naturally don't simply throw 3-4k plat getting all of them, but decide your build and get those you need. E.G. Get Primed Continuity and Primed Flow if you're planning on playing with Wukong and if you're using a shotgun Primed Point Blank and Primed Ravage might be of some use to you.

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Snip

Thats Alot Of Things To Do 😞

1 hour ago, DRHARMLESS said:

Buy Slots, Potatoes and Maybe some extremely Rare Mods.... a good Example would be something like:

latest?cb=20171007151134

This mod as of right now is one of the only normal mods that can not be acquired through normal methods.... only the Void Trader can bring it and he does so very rarely...

Be sure to use warframe.market to find out how much you should pay for something so that you don't have any Regrets..

I really dont have any kind of money trouble. I just searched the 2 mentions up there and found them on the warframe market. As I understand, when I put these mods in to weapons I dont lose them right?. I can keep using them on another frame?. If so I will buy all of them from the market.

First of all this game is Pokemons. Its all about collecting and grinding so i can advice - try not to spend plat for content (8k is not too much as you can suggest). Frames, weapons, mods. Try to get it with your own first 🙂 Or your just skip interesting content. There are a few really boring farm things that worth platinum spend but your need to try it first with personal experience. 

Go through the main quest, open planets, level up your MR, buy slots, orokin potatoes, mb formas and some must have mods and, of course - skins ^^ Simply put just play 🙂

Edited by punish_me

1 minute ago, punish_me said:

First of all this game is Pokemons. Its all about collecting and grinding so i can advice - try not to spend plat for content (8k is not too much as you can suggest). Frames, weapons, mods. Try to get it with your own first 🙂 Or your just skip interesting content. There are a few really boring farm things that worth platinum spend but your need to try it first with personal experience. 

Go through the main quest, open planets, leveling up your MR, buy slots, orokin potatoes, mb formas and some must have mods and, of course - skins ^^ Simply put just play 🙂

I really liked the grindy gameplay 🙂 Just following the paths currently. Most of the time im doing them Solo, so consider buying some OP mods.

Lots of warframe slots/weapon slots/orokin catalysts and orokin reactors.
There are currently over 40 warframes, so if I had that plat I would buy 40 slots, than 40 reactors for the future warframes(you can't play without a reactor, you bought wukong with it installed but when you craft and clam it's "naked")
Then at least 30 weapon slots(2 cost 12 plat) and the same amount of catalysts.
After that I will buy whatever colours I like(all of them is good)

And after that play the game, search what's good and what's not and don't waste your reactors on mk1 wepons/weapons that are not good or comfortable when you use them.When you gather all the mods in the game and get a grip on how to use them, lear how forma works etc, how to move, when to do this and that you will probably get one or 10 of your favorite weapons and potato them.
Don't rush the game, it will not be as enjoyable.

These things that I mentioned are not as much plat as you own, but I suggest keeping the rest for later because there are a lot of cosmetics, prime parts etc that sooner or later you would want to try out.
So keep the rest 6-7000 plat for the time you know what you are doing.

I got to the point that I have all those things but with more than five months of play.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DRHARMLESS said:

As I understand, when I put these mods in to weapons I dont lose them right?. I can keep using them on another frame?. If so I will buy all of them from the market.

Mods can be swapped forever. Slight exception being if your Sentinel pet has say a Rifle weapon Ice mod. That same Ice mod will not be available to use on your own Rifle at the same time. It will have a visible icon showing its already been equipped. But In those situations, you can just give the Sentinel a different weapon or unequipped the weapon or mod and the mod will unlock for your primary. Or you just power up a duplicate of the mod if you really want both at the same time. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sentinel Each one built will come with its own weapon. And to get more types of sentinel weapons, you build other sentinels.

A few weapon or frame powerups are permanent and 'used up'. The orokin reactor for frames and pets and the orokin catalyst for weapons will double the point capacity for the item. But it is used up and its that way forever now. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin_Catalyst https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin_Reactor

Forma is basically a way to vet your equipment after its lvl 30. It starts back to lvl 1 but It lets you add a polarity to a mod slot and any mod matching that polarity will cost half to equip. Currently Installed polarities can be shuffled around at any time or another Forma can override a previous polarity. But that item is now used up. https://warframe.fandom.co/wiki/Forma

(side benefit of Mastery Ranks beyond unlocks is all equipment will have points for mods equal to your rank, Until your equipment out levels your mastery level. So starting from scratch with a new weapon or a Forma weapon will hurt less over time. Max possible MR currently is 27. So those people have to level their equipment to 28 to see the point pool change.)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Lots of warframe slots/weapon slots/orokin catalysts and orokin reactors.
There are currently over 40 warframes, so if I had that plat I would buy 40 slots, than 40 reactors for the future warframes(you can't play without a reactor, you bought wukong with it installed but when you craft and clam it's "naked")
Then at least 30 weapon slots(2 cost 12 plat) and the same amount of catalysts.
After that I will buy whatever colours I like(all of them is good)

And after that play the game, search what's good and what's not and don't waste your reactors on mk1 wepons/weapons that are not good or comfortable when you use them.When you gather all the mods in the game and get a grip on how to use them, lear how forma works etc, how to move, when to do this and that you will probably get one or 10 of your favorite weapons and potato them.
Don't rush the game, it will not be as enjoyable.

These things that I mentioned are not as much plat as you own, but I suggest keeping the rest for later because there are a lot of cosmetics, prime parts etc that sooner or later you would want to try out.
So keep the rest 6-7000 plat for the time you know what you are doing.

I got to the point that I have all those things but with more than five months of play.

Thank you so much. I hope this thread doesnt get removed :).

8 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Mods can be swapped forever. Slight exception being if your Sentinel pet has say a Rifle weapon Ice mod. That same Ice mod will not be available to use on your own Rifle at the same time. It will have a visible icon showing its already been equipped. But In those situations, you can just give the Sentinel a different weapon or unequipped the weapon or mod and the mod will unlock for your primary. Or you just power up a duplicate of the mod if you really want both at the same time. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sentinel Each one built will come with its own weapon. And to get more types of sentinel weapons, you build other sentinels.

A few weapon or frame powerups are permanent and 'used up'. The orokin reactor for frames and pets and the orokin catalyst for weapons will double the point capacity for the item. But it is used up and its that way forever now. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin_Catalyst https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin_Reactor

Forma is basically a way to vet your equipment after its lvl 30. It starts back to lvl 1 but It lets you add a polarity to a mod slot and any mod matching that polarity will cost half to equip. Currently Installed polarities can be shuffled around at any time or another Forma can override a previous polarity. But that item is now used up. https://warframe.fandom.co/wiki/Forma

(side benefit of Mastery Ranks beyond unlocks is all equipment will have points for mods equal to your rank, Until your equipment out levels your mastery level. So starting from scratch with a new weapon or a Forma weapon will hurt less over time. Max possible MR currently is 27. So those people have to level their equipment to 28 to see the point pool change.)

I need to work on that things. It's gonna be hard for to learn these things. (Old wow player here 🙂 )

One more thing - the wiki, youtube and the forums are your friend(most of the time).There are a lot of things that are not easy to find/understand, so just ask someone in game or here.
One example for me was the https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fieldron .Because I didn't read the wiki and look at the game much the first 3 I build from the blueprint from the dojo, witch is just a waste of time and recourses, because later I found that you can get whole 3 already build and sitting in your inbox when you do an Invasion mission 3 times for the corpus fraction and just get them without wasting 36 hours of crafting time and a lot of recourses.

Edited by vegetosayajin

4 minutes ago, DRHARMLESS said:

I need to work on that things. It's gonna be hard for to learn these things. (Old wow player here 🙂 )

A lot of vets had the benefit of seeing many of these systems implemented slowly over the last 6 years. So all the complexity was such a slow burn it was pretty painless. So yeah. I can imagine it seems pretty daunting now all at once. Kinda like jumping into WoW for the first time now compared to over 10 years ago.

But anything of consequence can be undone or re-earned. So choosing which syndicate to back, or what side of a event to choose, or some sort of character path to pick is never a one way street. Only thing one can really lose in WF is time efficiency. So don't sweat the small stuff and go blow stuff up.

3 hours ago, DRHARMLESS said:

Hello dear community,

Clan is necessary?.

Hey mate! Welcome to the game and the community... Damn that was a big investment outright!

So answering your questions, starting by MR. You can only rank up once a day, yes, and to get more mastery rank "experience" you need to rank up weapons, warframes, companions, archwings, k-drives, etc. Basically every single part of your kit can rank up, and doing so will increase your own mastery rank, which then increases when you complete those trials. If you are an efficient player (as i can see you are) your first few days will become frustrating since it's easier to gain mastery then, later you won't notice the time delay as much since it'll take much longer to rank up. Don't worry though, the affinity you get is still saved, and you can find yourself at the edge of the next rank just as soon as you rank up.

Plat can be used for trading with other players. You can trade every prime part, rivens, some weapons (not all) and mods. Also you can use it on the market to get boosters and the like, as well as new warframes and weapons. Also, cosmetics. My advice is don't buy Warframes or weapons. Getting those is a big part of what you do in the game, so straight up just buying everything will degrade your experience. Cosmetics, like deluxe skins are a pretty good way to sink in some plat. Also boosters. Later when you get a good weapon you like, you can try trading for a rive (those can go for thousands of plat on some weapons).

Clans are EXTREMELY necessary, you get like half your weapons, a chunk of warframes, some resources and all archwings exclusively from the clan dojo. You can either join a clan, or start your own. It's not too hard to build your own dojo and clan solo, but, again, i'd advise against it, since it's more fun to play the game with other people.

Finally what to do next? Well, after earth there's the rest of the solar system plus the void and the orokin derelicts to explore and unlock. There's all the quests to do. On the way you'll learn about more content like Syndicates, Cephalon Simaris' Sanctuary stuff, Arbitrations, Baro Ki'teer, Sorties, Eidolons, Orb Mothers, etc. I'd advise you to get going on them quests, and unlock the solar system as they task you to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Hey mate! Welcome to the game and the community... Damn that was a big investment outright!

So answering your questions, starting by MR. You can only rank up once a day, yes, and to get more mastery rank "experience" you need to rank up weapons, warframes, companions, archwings, k-drives, etc. Basically every single part of your kit can rank up, and doing so will increase your own mastery rank, which then increases when you complete those trials. If you are an efficient player (as i can see you are) your first few days will become frustrating since it's easier to gain mastery then, later you won't notice the time delay as much since it'll take much longer to rank up. Don't worry though, the affinity you get is still saved, and you can find yourself at the edge of the next rank just as soon as you rank up.

Plat can be used for trading with other players. You can trade every prime part, rivens, some weapons (not all) and mods. Also you can use it on the market to get boosters and the like, as well as new warframes and weapons. Also, cosmetics. My advice is don't buy Warframes or weapons. Getting those is a big part of what you do in the game, so straight up just buying everything will degrade your experience. Cosmetics, like deluxe skins are a pretty good way to sink in some plat. Also boosters. Later when you get a good weapon you like, you can try trading for a rive (those can go for thousands of plat on some weapons).

Clans are EXTREMELY necessary, you get like half your weapons, a chunk of warframes, some resources and all archwings exclusively from the clan dojo. You can either join a clan, or start your own. It's not too hard to build your own dojo and clan solo, but, again, i'd advise against it, since it's more fun to play the game with other people.

Finally what to do next? Well, after earth there's the rest of the solar system plus the void and the orokin derelicts to explore and unlock. There's all the quests to do. On the way you'll learn about more content like Syndicates, Cephalon Simaris' Sanctuary stuff, Arbitrations, Baro Ki'teer, Sorties, Eidolons, Orb Mothers, etc. I'd advise you to get going on them quests, and unlock the solar system as they task you to.

Aye aye sir :). gonna finish them all.

After few more hours this is how my account is look like;

https://gyazo.com/fb93ff40e34880b7463fe35026b8692f

https://gyazo.com/681d8aab7a357d72daba3352774000f7

https://gyazo.com/ac37d31d5caf21ca3b10085c14cf8a7f

I'm almost 30 on frame and maxed out some weapons but when I pick lower lvl weapons they simply have 0 damage output. So I need to level them on earth on easy quests?. Also should I do earth quests with my 1 lvl frame aswell?.

About the low level weapons... Yeah, there's something called MR Fodder, as in weapons that aren't great, but that you rank up for the mastery rank. Starter weapons (the MK-1) are the best example of that. You don't really need to use them on easy missions, the way affinity works, its somewhat easy to level up crappy weapons just by teaming up with other people.
For more info: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

I'd focus on finishing leveling your Wukong, then whatever warframe you started with. Also at low ranks you'll want to try and always have something cooking in the foundry, so you can just get a new weapon to master as soon as you finish the previous.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

Since you are way in the beginning, you have so so much left to do. 

My advices for usage of platinum:

1. don't spend it on buying stuff from market except slots and skin bundles you really like (+ orokin reactors, castylsts)
2. you will be able to trade extremely strong mods called rivens later in game but you can get them yourself by rolling them anyway
3. DON'T USE PLATINUM TO RUSH STUFF TO COMPLETE BUILDING!!

For now, keep clearing missions and complete the quests and stuff

• Like 1