Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgan Thread , Dicussion over Scott's Rework/Fan Rework Archive

keikogi

4 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

clip

No what I'm saying is that abilities that can swap with others either affect the area around them, affect other players, or affect the enemies, Chroma on the other hand only really buff himself, it is possible to buff others, but to make him useful that part is normally left out, hence why I doubt DE will ever combine the 2

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

LOL, no wonder you think the change is good, you're using Vauban in the simplistic way possible...

No the change is still bad for vaubans utility imo. 

I'm not using Vauban in the most simplistic way possible.

I'm not using Vauban at all, because I sold him, because he was underwhelming and not enjoyable, and I'm hoping this rework fixes that. Though grinding cred to buy his parts will be a pain to do.

5 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Okay, so it seems like you can turn the Bastille into Vortex on command. And apparently there seems to be a new ability called "Orbital Strike"

Good to see that you can still cast multiple Bastilles, and it looks like you can skip it directly to Vortex whenever you want, bypass Bastille entirely if you wish. Therefore Bastille and Vortex's functionalities are perfectly intact. Buffed, even, if Vortex now has the same range as Bastille. I hope this pleases everyone because it looks like all the potential problems have alleviated, unless I'm missing something.

19 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

I hope this pleases everyone because it looks like all the potential problems have alleviated, unless I'm missing something.

What's missing now is how the controls will feel. Obviously something that will be difficult to tell until we experience it ourselves.

13 minutes ago, schilds said:

What's missing now is how the controls will feel. Obviously something that will be difficult to tell until we experience it ourselves.

I'm guessing it's going to be something like "tap 4 to throw out Bastille, hold 4 to convert all instances of Bastille into Vortex, if no Bastilles are active then hold 4 to throw out Vortex immediately." That's just a guess though.

5 hours ago, VanosPrime said:

I'm dreading having to dish out plat for vauban p and farming the resources for it but orbital strikes are orbital strikes....

whats worse then crushing people with basically a smol blackhole? using one or two orbitral strikes for good measure i wonder how far i can long arm them so i can be more artillery ranged 

So how it looks right now:

1. Teslas are thrown out in groups and follow Vauban around like mini Rollers. Assuming their other characteristics are unchanged, this looks pretty decent as a 1st ability to give Vaub some protection, stunlocking enemies that get too close.

2. Minelayer, as of yet, has had no changes previewed. And I think this could still work well. This skill's issue is that the mines are stationary and only activated by very close proximity, but the Bastille/Vortex combo mitigates these weaknesses by allowing you to gather many foes and pull them to a specific point. I'm predicting the strong combo being Bastille - Shred Mine - Vortex - Orbital Strike.

3. Orbital Strike looks fun and promising, as long as it does a BUTT TON of damage. Balanced out by its fixed location, low range and effect delay, a massive damage strike would be a rewarding finishing move on Vaub's ability combos and also provide a rewarding reason to use his CC. This would work in a similar way to that one enemy-deleting ability that LOL's Veigar has. I like this.

4. From what Scott has shown us, it looks as though these combined abilities iterate as "press to toss Bastille, hold to toss Vortex or turn existing Bastilles into Vortexes". Each has their own duration, and there seems to be a drawing-together of overlapping Bastilles into one tight Vortex space. It seems as though no functionality of either ability has been removed. I'm into this, as the overlap in ability is now meshed together to allow one to work for the other. Cast a wide net and reel 'em all in. This promises to synergize really well with his 2 and 3.

I think some tweaks to not-yet-previewed portions of his kit would be appreciated too. A couple of Mines could use a modest buff, and it'd be cool if Tesla Link kept its functionality but also forced a Slash proc. Overall, it looks like this rework has a lot of potential. I'm very excited now.

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

So how it looks right now:

I'm going to go ahead and post my own feedback on this, cuz right now I am very dispointed, I'll be qouteing SenrorClipChop, as he's placed out some details on what where shown. So my thanks Chip! 

1. Teslas are thrown out in groups and follow Vauban around like mini Rollers. Assuming their other characteristics are unchanged, this looks pretty decent as a 1st ability to give Vaub some protection, stunlocking enemies that get too close.

So, we still have a useless power, this is about useless as his other rework when we can "charge up" Tesla or Ember's rework and this makes me qeastion what Scott thinks what a "Rework" means, as its clearly not the latter.

Tesla should be right-out removed from his kit, Period. Tesla deals pitiful damage and rollers can be easily destroyed and its highly unlikely they will be able to keep up with the fast-paced gameplay.

2. Minelayer, as of yet, has had no changes previewed. And I think this could still work well. This skill's issue is that the mines are stationary and only activated by very close proximity, but the Bastille/Vortex combo mitigates these weaknesses by allowing you to gather many foes and pull them to a specific point. I'm predicting the strong combo being Bastille - Shred Mine - Vortex - Orbital Strike.

They need to remove this power as well, all powers from this skill are as Clip said, stationary and only activated by very close proximity and that is useless in Warframe. If this is not removed from his kit, then this "Rework" will be as bad as his other one. But we'll wait and see.

3. Orbital Strike looks fun and promising, as long as it does a BUTT TON of damage. Balanced out by its fixed location, low range and effect delay, a massive damage strike would be a rewarding finishing move on Vaub's ability combos and also provide a rewarding reason to use his CC. This would work in a similar way to that one enemy-deleting ability that LOL's Veigar has. I like this.

I'm going to be honest, this looks like a pretty useless power, tons of damage or not, you still have to remain still and mobs have to BE still in the area of effect, in order to be damaged by it, this follows the train of being a stationary and only activated by very close proximity type of power and if we learned anything about how much Ember was nerfed, this will be dealing Zero damage or tickle damage at best. Remove this idea.

4. From what Scott has shown us, it looks as though these combined abilities iterate as "press to toss Bastille, hold to toss Vortex or turn existing Bastilles into Vortexes". Each has their own duration, and there seems to be a drawing-together of overlapping Bastilles into one tight Vortex space. It seems as though no functionality of either ability has been removed. I'm into this, as the overlap in ability is now meshed together to allow one to work for the other. Cast a wide net and reel 'em all in. This promises to synergize really well with his 2 and 3.

Two useless powers now as one, this CAN be somewhat useful, but once more this requires them to stay still and then be effected by Vortex,  Bastilles are weak/bad CC and mobs can break out of them super quickly, alone with the short duration and god forbid a Nully come along. Vortex is just the same, weak damage, unless you use a broken exploited build.

All in all, I think they need to look at the video Rahetalius made and if they don't, then even Rahetaliushimself, as the Vauban #1 will be byound dispointed.

There are so much better powers that where listed in the video, such as I.C.A.R.U.S and Dimensional Gate, Hell Even Railgun, why not any of them? 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Nightmode Iusse

Here are the Changes/Edits 

(Note: Most of the powers here share the same ideas/concepts from Rahetalius Video, with a few tweaks and edits)

Passive (Mechanical Monstrosity): Vauban Is able to equip 2 robotic companions of any type in battle, the 2nd picked pet, acts like a exclusive Companion to him (You can take 2 Sentinels or 2 MOAs) its up to you.

Abilities:

• 1. Railgun Drones: Vauban summons a holo-field, which upon activation deploys an automated rail-gun, that float by Vauban's side.

NOTES: 

• (The Drones while in the air, Cannot Be Attacked but can still be Destroyed by AoE powers by Hostiles)
  • (Tapping the button again, will re-summon them for either a very small or free casting cost)
  • (They will stay with Vauban until destroyed or dis-casted) 

2.Radial Seeker: Vauban throws out mini-grenades in a 360 degree radius, each of which upon being deployed, automatically seek out to the nearest enemy within 20m and explodes, dealing the selected elemental damage before thrown. They can not be destroyed or attacked when they are being thrown, but can be targeted.

NOTES:

• (Tapping the button will cycle each elemental damage:  Cold •  Electricity •  Heat •  Toxin)
  • (Twice Tapping the button will deploy the mini-grenades, note I have not put "Hold" due to console players have issues with hold down key powers)
  • (Seekers can be targeted by hostile and this will draw fire away from Vauban)

3.Phase Plating: Vauban deploys a grenade, which upon contact with a surface, activates; and applies a protective shield upon all allies that come near it, for a limited time. If shield capacity reaches 0 while the shield is active, the shield pulses; stunning all enemies within a 10m radius, and applying a magnetic proc. If lethal damage is taken while the shield is active, the damage is negated, the affected player is immediately turned invisible, and gains a 30% movement speed buff for a period of 5 seconds. The shield is then removed upon this effect activating. 

4. I.C.A.R.U.S: I.C.A.R.U.S. is an exclusive Companion for Vauban and is unique from traditional Sentinels because it has two modes: Scout, and Sentry. When I.C.A.R.U.S. is active, all enemies within a 25m radius of Vauban are marked with a target on their head, causing headshots to deal 50% bonus damage. 

• IN SCOUT mode: Does not fire at enemies, but follows Vauban like a traditional Sentinel. Grants Vauban the ability to see all enemies, regardless of invisibility, and through all obstacles within a 25m radius. . If 3 enemies or more come within a 10m range of Vauban, I.C.A.R.U.S. deploys a sonic burst, stunning all enemies for seconds. (30 second cooldown) 
  • IN SENTRY MODE: Anchors itself at Vauban's position, transforming into an automated turret; gaining the ability to fire at enemies but losing the ability to move. Fires upon one enemy at a time, with a targeting range of 20m, regardless of invisibility. . Inherits Vauban's Primary weapon Mods, and for every 3 kills or assists, its next shot is a guaranteed head shot. 

And there you have it, this is a rework/revamp, not a wee tweaking and one single power swap. I combined (and I do believe so) the most liked powers from this set, as I have seen comments about likeing Icarus alot. 

I overall like what I am seeing - and I don't even know the actual effects or I'd there is going to be something extra like the bastille-vortex from effects point (like a armor reduction or disarming). 

The tesla seeker thing looks interesting, but since there are no enemies not sure if they shock or latch or both or somehow have synergy with other abilities. 

The orbital strike is according to me kinda meh, like a single hydroid Barrage but with more effects (gotta have particle effects or its unplayable) again since we don't know how it interacts it might have some good secondary effect other than just damage. 

I am curious about the mine layer, that has the most potential and risk of being wasted. 

Looking forward to the actual notes. 

Well,

I think that the problem of Vauban is more that it cast power that are statics and need to be static to be casted because you have to be precise. I will add that they are slow to cast.

The 4 and 3 power seems to be great actually even if Khora seems to be the best now compare to Vauban that have many limitations (number of enemis, duration, diameter).

But the 1 and the 2 need to be remaked.

This 1 is very useless ( low damage, inconstant effect over the time) and more now that Wisp can do better with electricity. There were a glitch that make possible to glue a mine to your sentinel. Make it possible on all member of the team including you. This will extend this power and make it usuable when you have to move. Change their trigger timer of this power so that it is more efficient.

This 2 is compose to 4 powers. Make these traps easier to cast so that they are efficient event if I cast than while I am running. Like the power 1 make them available if you cast on somebody (including you). Change some power so that they are maintly usable when you move.

Finally; I will add that when you have this look and this name should have damage reduction or a better armor.  🙂

Edited by Telfaroth

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

All in all, I think they need to look at the video Rahetalius made and if they don't, then even Rahetaliushimself, as the Vauban #1 will be byound dispointed.

Scott DE literally mention that he watch rehatalius video

Hopes for Minelayer

• Cost reduced to 25 energy or throw 3 per cast.
  • Interact with other abilities somehow... maybe Tesla's can carry them into battle, Orbital Strike can detonate them for different effects, and Bastille already helps by grouping them in a vortex.
  • Bounce revamped, seriously.
  • Trip Laser do some damage and Slash procs?
  • Shred strip Armor for higher amounts and for a longer time.
  • Concuss deafen effect to do something better (slow down knockdown/stagger recovery?)
  • Maybe even defensive buffs for Vauban and allies that walk over them. Parkour distance bonus, knockdown/stagger immunity, Armor bonus, concussive rounds (stagger on hit)? Going by order: Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred and Concuss. Some buffs to help squishy Vauban survive the day so he can lay down his mines and live to marvel at his handiwork.

43 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He did, but I don't see any other powers REPLACING the kit, he still has his useless 1st 2nd and 4th power. If he turely did watch it, Vauban won't just have one "single new power"

Anything else you'll like to add?

I dont see any indication that the rework is finished, you might jump to conclusion... too early

Proof that it hasn't finished? 

5th September, first Vauban tease.. 3rd ability icon still bastille

18th September, 3rd ability icon changed

All we need to do is wait

If you suggest replace every skill, then make a new warframe out of it

They wont replace every ability, but they will reworking them

Oh also, did he ever mention that he AGREED EVERYTHING that Rahetalius said? Nope, he only agree on half of it

Suck it up, skoom!

His 4 is useless? Oh i get it, youre those meta player that only care about killing everyone with 1 skill

Edited by Gruiz

41 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He did, but I don't see any other powers REPLACING the kit, he still has his useless 1st 2nd and 4th power. If he turely did watch it, Vauban won't just have one "single new power"

Anything else you'll like to add?

Prob because those changes seem more like idea's for a new frame rather than a rework, beside when Scott said he watch his vid he did say that there were a few points that he agreed on, never said he agreed on everything

1 minute ago, Hyro1 said:

Prob because those changes seem more like idea's for a new frame rather than a rework, beside when Scott said he watch his vid he did say that there were a few points that he agreed on, never said he agreed on everything

Maybe, but a single power replace, that will do little to no damage, with the PROOF we have of nerfed frames, there is no doute in my mind that this will be a atlas/ember/Nyx rework level of "rework" 

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe so, but do you have high hopes and are you putting all the faith in this "Rework?" is what I want to know

Nah, i dont put all faith in this rework, especially with scott history of nerfing

But, all i do put some faith in it, because he addressed most (or not?) Requested rework for vauban

3&4 combinedl

Edited by Gruiz

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe, but a single power replace, that will do little to no damage, with the PROOF we have of nerfed frames, there is no doute in my mind that this will be a atlas/ember/Nyx rework level of "rework" 

2/3 were decent reworks, sure they weren't meta changing, but they definitely can't be considered nerfs, especially with Atlas

17 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

2/3 were decent reworks, sure they weren't meta changing, but they definitely can't be considered nerfs, especially with Atlas

That is true, but it depends on how you look at it. Look at Nezha and Wukong, perfect reworks and around 2-3 power changes or even massive overalls, I don't see this with him yet