Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp

(PSN)XxToxicClipz

Question

14 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)UnGodly-Obito said:

I will have wish in day and few hours but my question is what content is she viable in as I Really want master this frame fullest 

she's a really good support frame for multiple types of missions. her second is the best to use on jupiter because she can cross the huge gaps with her second. third is like excal's radial blind. and 4th is basically solar beam. 

Yeah, built correctly she can really do it all. Thanks to the corrosive procs when she has all there buffs (which you should always have) on her ult, she can shred most things for quite a while, and her 1 is just an amazing support tool thanks to it buffing literally every state a person could want outside of direct damage amp. Go Strength, a bit of duration, and your pretty much good to go. Just make sure to keep all your buffs fresh. (as for content, anything but like Spy she can do pretty effectively.)

• Like 1

She is viable in most of the content.

She isn't very good in Defection and Tridolon hunting, because she can't heal/buff allied NPCs (lures, Kavor defectors). Trinity can already heal everything + give damage reduction, and no one needs +fire rate when the DPS in the team already one-shoots limbs.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

15 minutes ago, (PS4)UnGodly-Obito said:

I will have wish in day and few hours but my question is what content is she viable in as I Really want master this frame fullest 

I have a build for spy missions since while in air she is in stealth. Bunny hopping hacker coming through! Just keep in mind she can't 3 through lasers on sorties.

31 minutes ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

if you try hard enough xD

Don't really need to try. Bullet jumps keep you in the air and there seems to be a 1-2 sec delay where enemies don't notice you after landing.

Either way it's a nice to shake up spy missions with a different frame from time to time

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)UnGodly-Obito:

she's just awesome. fast, tanky, good cc and extremely mobile. my main atm. octavia is jealous on the bench 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Honestly.... shes viable in alot of content but not Amazing in any content.... 

Shes just good.... which is dissapointing because alot of people expected her to be OP.... Power of the sun and what not....

well im new to the wisp as jsut got her out foundry today me other questions is how would u rotate her abilities as ik she got to use certain ones

These are the three Wisp builds I use though I tend to mostly play the top build:

wHWtlJW.jpg

Some key notes:

• You have have two sets of motes up in different locations. This is ideal for teleporting and easy access for you and the group.
  • Use both Will o Wisp speed variations with Breach Surge. Slow if you're moving away, Fast to teleport after casting.
  • I find the synergy between her 1, 2 and 3 to be her strongest assets and generally don't use her 4th much.
  • Make good use of Breach Surge much as you can. Use it with Will o Wisp or to Teleport to a mote. Either greatly improve it's area.
  • Between Breach Surge, her Motes and Passive; she's often Invisible with multiple layers of CC. Blind, Electric & Rad status.
  • Don't stay in her 4th for long periods. It locks her out of using Breach Surge and kills half her synergy well as evasive / CC survival.
  • Throwing Glaives like all melee doesn't break her stealth passive and gives her a great ranged attack.
  • Always be Jumping.

3 hours ago, (PS4)UnGodly-Obito said:

well im new to the wisp as jsut got her out foundry today me other questions is how would u rotate her abilities as ik she got to use certain ones

You mean her motes just Tap/Hold her 1 cycle through them and place them down.... there's nothing wrong with using all of them....

Everything about Wisp revolves around her 1. As a result she is really frustrating for me to use on any mission where you cover large portions of the map.

Her 2 is... if you are using her 2 then you might be doing something wrong, you think you're doing something cute or you have a galaxy brain.

Her 3 has potential, I built tank/condition and made sure to have growing power - the damage from this is nothing to doubt, it can do ridiculous single target damage however it's far too inconsistent, has wonky targeting, and the cost vs time leaves me wondering why I used it sometimes.

Her 4 seems like a bad idea on paper and then you apply it... it isn't I think as bad as some people make it, I mean old school nova 4 it aint but it certainly is not doing anything unique or substantial.

Summary: If you are using Wisp it's probably because she looks cool and has that really sweet movement animation; that was the case for me. When the novelty wore out after six forma and three different builds I realized she was basically jack of all trades that makes you literally jump through more hoops than you would in a circus to get her to be effective. (Not including the benefits of her 1)

Tips: Wisp comes with a tedious but very effective passive which makes her -if you can deal with the monotony- the best stealth frame out there. With that said you can focus on building her for other things then. I found the most fun with her on the typical tank build but instead of crit I went with status effects. A lot of people rally around gas procs and her 3 but that to me is pointless, I went with blast/corrosive/radiation across my weapons. Blast gives me that cushion cc if my electrocute mote runs out while I'm doing stuff. While Gas nets you more hits on your 3 and looks nice... most times enemies die from other means before you can see any benefit, it's best to go for big damage like slash and so on.

Ignore her 4 and if you have the energy to spend then sure use her 2 i frames if you like, but really you are only going to be using her 1, everything else is just eh.