Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the hell are weapon reload times so high?

SaidTheRogue

title. the new grineer gun is 2.7 seconds? that may as well be eternity.

compare this to the usual melee spam.. guns just fall short above a certain point. it can take a painfully long moment to kill a lv200 target with a gun.. any gun, other than something like a sniper.

just doesnt FEEL good to be standing there essentially jacking off, while 14 grineer are shooting at you from various directions. meanwhile, some kid with melee bound to his mouse wheel is zipping back and forth like spiderman blitzing everything with his zaw.. something aint right here.

full disclosure; i love my zaw and all my top tier stuff i have. no, any issue i may ever have isnt a result of low tier gear or whatever. ratio of time to empty a guns magazine to time to reload it just doesnt check out.

• Like 7

Posters new name is gohan because he never learned how to DODGE!!!!

Seriously though. Use cover, never stand still, constantly use all your weapons and abilities, use operater mode to, use reload speed mods, adjust your tactics based on your load put and situation.

The problem here seems to be you.  I have no issues personally.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1

It is supposed to be some form of balance, but there are some weapons that over do it pretty badly, for example the Latron Prime is a 2.4...but really it doesn't warrant that long a reload speed, hek, the Tiberon Prime reloads faster and is better in nearly every way, even in Semi-auto mode.

• Like 1

Yeah I just don't bother.....

There's not enough Slots to fit a reload speed mod in any build.... also there are weapons that just don't need them.... so DE is basically just gimping weapon usage diversity when anything takes longer than 2.0 Seconds to reload..... even My Lanka doesn't take that long to reload....

• Like 1

Personally there are only 3 weapons i actually use that i don't use reload speed.  Because they already have fast reloads but.  If a gun has anything higher then 1.5 i use a mod to make it faster. But to each their own.

I'm not some hardcore looking to push extremes. I'll pop on and do stuff for kicks solo or in a pug.  I play games to destress.  So i don't snap in real life.

• Like 1

2,7 seconds only ? behold my secura penta with its 4,5 seconds...or secura dual cestra with 4,9. though both kill groups with half their mag left up to the lv 130s but when they reload i usually go afk and grab a coffee in the meantime and when im back BING reloaded~

5 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

2,7 seconds only ? behold my secura penta with its 4,5 seconds...or secura dual cestra with 4,9. though both kill groups with half their mag left up to the lv 130s but when they reload i usually go afk and grab a coffee in the meantime and when im back BING reloaded~

I have riven for my penta.... reloads in 1.8 Seconds. Literally wouldn't be using it otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Or slap on a primed reload mod and yorr reloaded in 1.3 secs or less. Well you matrix dodge bullets using the games parkour mechanics. Or dart in between objects. Or break dance in a circle from the stormtrooper ai?

What weapon are you using ?

4 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

much of this is besides the point. its almost like the critical thinking skills of some ppl arent what they could be.

Like when people run around in a survival mission.  Instead of finding a choke point to funnel enemies into a small kill zone.  Lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Lol right. Guess I'm old and the only fan of team four star abridged.

Humor is dead in humanity i say.

Humor only works when both parties get the joke.  A lot of people won't get who/what Gohan is.

While back on topic, I've noticed not all reloads are equal either.  Some finish even if you do a melee attack or WF ablity.  Others you have to start all over again.  I can't name primaries or WFs right now as I'm just trying to level and forget.

15 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

Humor only works when both parties get the joke.  A lot of people won't get who/what Gohan is.

While back on topic, I've noticed not all reloads are equal either.  Some finish even if you do a melee attack or WF ablity.  Others you have to start all over again.  I can't name primaries or WFs right now as I'm just trying to level and forget.

True enough.  Though its not like dbz or abridged anime is something new.

Yes reloading a missle launcher is different then reloading an assault rifle. Different animations and mechanics. do different reload speeds.

Are seriously standing in the middle of the room surrounded well reloading and not using reload mods? Why?

You have a plethora of tactics and tools to handle the problem.

Do you have any real life weapons? They all reload differently.  Plus have their own faults or laws that add more issues.  Not to mention the possibility of bullets jamming in ones firearm.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

1 hour ago, SaidTheRogue said:

title. the new grineer gun is 2.7 seconds? that may as well be eternity.

compare this to the usual melee spam.. guns just fall short above a certain point. it can take a painfully long moment to kill a lv200 target with a gun.. any gun, other than something like a sniper.

just doesnt FEEL good to be standing there essentially jacking off, while 14 grineer are shooting at you from various directions. meanwhile, some kid with melee bound to his mouse wheel is zipping back and forth like spiderman blitzing everything with his zaw.. something aint right here.

full disclosure; i love my zaw and all my top tier stuff i have. no, any issue i may ever have isnt a result of low tier gear or whatever. ratio of time to empty a guns magazine to time to reload it just doesnt check out.

You could also press F to pay... nvm. 

It get's better if you use Vigorous Swap and equip some [synth] set mods on your sentinel. There are also some weapons with battery reloading mechanism. For guns to be strong you have to consider their shortcomings and mod to counteract that, and/or use frames who can do provide another free mod in terms of space. One example - Harrow with his increased reload speed.

Also guns are much more reliant on being modded with the enemies' weaknesses in mind. Like corrosive being generally good versus Grineer. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Are seriously standing in the middle of the room surrounded well reloading and not using reload mods? Why?

Because theres no free slots to fit those mods.....

I mean don't get me wrong if I was doing a Syndicate mission then really it doesn't matter... I can kill those low level enemies without Elemental combinations at all.....

But if im going into sorties or deep into Arbitrations then theres just no space for reload speed/magazine size/recoil/ammo mutation..... if I give up one of these things then I may aswell just throw my gun at the enennies to deal damage....

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

You have a plethora of tactics and tools to handle the problem.

And no slots to implement them....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Because theres no free slots to fit those mods.....

I mean don't get me wrong if I was doing a Syndicate mission then really it doesn't matter... I can kill those low level enemies without Elemental combinations at all.....

But if im going into sorties or deep into Arbitrations then theres just no space for reload speed/magazine size/recoil/ammo mutation..... if I give up one of these things then I may aswell just throw my gun at the enennies to deal damage....

And no slots to implement them....

All you have to do is use your abilities and terran to soak and dodge incoming fire.

We are space ninjas learn how to evade. You should never be holding still for even a single second.

Come now. Learn some tactics. Even in other games players can use tactics to reduce damage.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2