Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Grace is not that great

On 2019-07-29 at 3:25 AM, Ver1dian said:

I'm just shocked someone still uses elevate.

You know, i wonder about this myself. This R3 Arcane is still one of the things that i sell very easily.

I mean, i personally dont think its nearly as good in comparison to other options, but im not gonna turn down Plat lol.

My Umbered Wukong (both normal and Prime) would argue otherwise. He can stroll rather casually through Elite sanctuary since he has adaption and just shrug off most damage and heal it off. 

Hell I've had BugFrame kick in and not be able to move or attack on hydron and it took till round 20 before they came close to even killing me (I was praying for it at that point)

On 2019-07-28 at 7:00 PM, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

Just a quick FYI for anyone thinking about buying/farming Arcane Grace r3...

When it works, it works OK. But most of the time it just doesn't proc. And when it does proc, it's extremely meh.

You get a heck of a lot more bang for your buck if you just buy/farm Arcane Guardians and Magus Elevates.

Granted, I was only using 1 r3. But that's because most squishy frames you're worried about adding survivability to NEED at least one r3 Arcane Guardian, so you can only have the one R3 Arcane Grace.

Edit: Yes, Inaros gets a lot of use out of grace. But Inaros doesn't die in the first place, so why is anyone even making that point?? The point I'm trying to make is "don't spend 1.2-2k on something that doesn't work as expected, unless your intent was to make an already invincible frame more invincible."

Finally, somebody speaks truth. All these meta arcanes are weak, mostly. When instead, arcanes like Arcane Healing/Nullifier/Ultimatum should be the ones far more useful for general gameplay and whatnot. Especially an r3/r0 Nullifier and boom, immune to the eidolon magnetic pulses' procs.

15 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Tbh there are better passive healing sources than grace, but going from that to "grace is useless because reasons" is a bit if a stretch don't you think OP? 

On the guy about elevate vs repair, i am one of the elevate users. Depends on playstyle. 99% of my operator use (unless fooling around) is a single dash as fast as possible to relocate or use one of the actives. Elevate works better than repair if your average time in void mode is a quarter of a second ;D

Repair is as fast as elevate and 100% guaranteed. You dont need to stay longer in void mode for it to do the same (and more) as elevate.

il y a 6 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

Repair is as fast as elevate and 100% guaranteed. You dont need to stay longer in void mode for it to do the same (and more) as elevate.

Not really, one elevate pulse is much faster than repair and on low hp high ehp frames it's much better. The cutoff point is 937.5 total hp (at which point repair starts healing more than elevate per tick). And elevate stil has the perk of being spammable, a high end pc can spam 3 full transference cyckes in a second for 1125 hp/s (at which point the cutoff is 2812.5 hp). Pretty much only Inaros is unequivocally better off with repair. 

Then again, it depends on playstyle. I constantly dash in and out of operator and frame to move, CC, void dash etc so i prefer the burst of elevate because of how i get in and out as quick as hunanly possible. Pretty much the only frame i would use repair on other than inaros is hildryn because i have a vaizarin focus on her and use it to heal teammates and objectives. But since we cannot pick operator configs on loadouts, it goes mostly unused. 

23 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Not really, one elevate pulse is much faster than repair and on low hp high ehp frames it's much better. The cutoff point is 937.5 total hp (at which point repair starts healing more than elevate per tick). And elevate stil has the perk of being spammable, a high end pc can spam 3 full transference cyckes in a second for 1125 hp/s (at which point the cutoff is 2812.5 hp). Pretty much only Inaros is unequivocally better off with repair. 

Then again, it depends on playstyle. I constantly dash in and out of operator and frame to move, CC, void dash etc so i prefer the burst of elevate because of how i get in and out as quick as hunanly possible. Pretty much the only frame i would use repair on other than inaros is hildryn because i have a vaizarin focus on her and use it to heal teammates and objectives. But since we cannot pick operator configs on loadouts, it goes mostly unused. 

The biggest downside for elevate is the RNG, which mean you may need the heal badly and end up DoA the moment you transfer back to the frame. That just wont happen with repair because you are always guaranteed 20-40% of your health the moment you pop out of your frame.

Isnt 1125 hp/s far higher than the actual probability though? If both were to proc with each transferance you'd get 1200 hp back per sec. But it only has a 75% chance to occur per arcane. Wouldnt the avarage result be far lower than 1125 per sec?

I made a topic about changing up the edelons so that the community could actually get their hands on these arcanes which would drop the price of the arcanes due to people actually get them also excuse the edelons spelling, I forgot how to spell it.

Edited by Brey223

il y a 4 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

The biggest downside for elevate is the RNG, which mean you may need the heal badly and end up DoA the moment you transfer back to the frame. That just wont happen with repair because you are always guaranteed 20-40% of your health the moment you pop out of your frame.

Isnt 1125 hp/s far higher than the actual probability though? If both were to proc with each transferance you'd get 1200 hp back per sec. But it only has a 75% chance to occur per arcane. Wouldnt the avarage result be far lower than 1125 per sec?

Yeah sorry i somehow did the math on 375 for whatever reason, the average is 300 per transference (cutoff at 750 hp). It's 900hp/s, or a cutoff point of 2250 hp. 

What i want to explain here is that basically that situation doesn't happen with my playstyle. It's never emergency healing because i constantly swap in and out. And many times i don't even touch void mode. So basically that means that for me and how i play, repair would be comparatively worse than elevate 🙂

13 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Yeah sorry i somehow did the math on 375 for whatever reason, the average is 300 per transference (cutoff at 750 hp). It's 900hp/s, or a cutoff point of 2250 hp. 

🙂

That looks more inline whit what I came up with back when I decided between the two.

And yeah, you are right, it comes down alot to playstyle aswell. Personally I was fed up with the transferance spam and RNG aswell as not being able to pick operator arcanes seperately per frame. If there was a seperate arcane option per frame I would definently mix elevate and repair on my roster. But since there isnt I'll just stick to repair since most of my roster sits at atleast 750-800 hp and nothing compares to repair on Inaros and Umbra Excal

29 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

what a bout mag?

You can if you really want to, guardian + grace, + adaptation + overshields (natural talent helps too) 

Ensure you are always in overshields, and the Ocassional slash proc or Toxin damage will be healed using grace, it will also do relatively less damage due to Adaptation so once you have a couple of stacks running she will be pretty durable. 

Though that's not the ideal way I would suggest playing her. Avoiding damage completely is my preferred method.