Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Grace is not that great

Just a quick FYI for anyone thinking about buying/farming Arcane Grace r3...

When it works, it works OK. But most of the time it just doesn't proc. And when it does proc, it's extremely meh.

You get a heck of a lot more bang for your buck if you just buy/farm Arcane Guardians and Magus Elevates.

Granted, I was only using 1 r3. But that's because most squishy frames you're worried about adding survivability to NEED at least one r3 Arcane Guardian, so you can only have the one R3 Arcane Grace.

Edit: Yes, Inaros gets a lot of use out of grace. But Inaros doesn't die in the first place, so why is anyone even making that point?? The point I'm trying to make is "don't spend 1.2-2k on something that doesn't work as expected, unless your intent was to make an already invincible frame more invincible."

Edited by (XB1)D00M INCARNATE

Twin r3 Grace makes Inaros pretty much unkillable with Adaptation. You'll get bored sooner than you're in any danger in any mode. 

That said, I'm running Avenger+Grace most of the time because even getting to the point of actually needing a twin Grace takes too much time to my liking. 

And Grace in general is only useful on frames with a cubic buttload of HP/eHP anyway, so you hardly need it outside of warcry Valkyr, Inaros, Nidus and (maybe) Atlas. For squishies an Elevate will serve you much better for your healing needs. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (XB1)D00M INCARNATE:

When it works, it works OK. But most of the time it just doesn't proc. And when it does proc, it's extremely meh.

Arcane grace alone is not a sufficient strategy. It should be the second or third layer on your health regen. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

Granted, I was only using 1 r3. But that's because most squishy frames you're worried about adding survivability to NEED at least one r3 Arcane Guardian, so you can only have the one R3 Arcane Grace.

*cough
so Vitality? Primed Vigor? health conversion?
they are many survivability mods, arcane is like optional if u want put it, ok, if not, ok

Arcane Grace's value depends on the frame, and is best used on tankier frames.

If the frame has a great self heal (like Wukong) then it's not worth. On the other hand, a frame like Mesa can make decent use of it, by giving you a form of passive healing during peacemaker.

• Like 2

Grace is vary bad, I often wonder why it’s high price in the market. Guardian x2 is 40% more max heath for Inaros and unless your fighting weeklings who can’t do 10-20% (whatever it is) of your hp over 10-20 seconds (whatever it is) it’s a worse arcane.

It is good for very specific frames that can already mitigate some damage - as a rule of thumb if you can successfully take advantage of adaptation then you can take advantage of grace. 

I have made a ranking which can give you a reference on which frames would be more survivable with grace. 

Il y a 5 heures, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE a dit :

You get a heck of a lot more bang for your buck if you just buy/farm Arcane Guardians and Magus Elevates.

I have one niche use for it. One unranked grace, adaptation, with just that, any frame can solo that one lua room where you need to tank lasers for a while.

Between the millions of ticks, adaptation and grace keep you the most fragile frame fermly at full health.

Other than that, two max rank on a chroma makes profit taker even more of a breeze (even if one arcane repair does the job fine)

I'm just shocked someone still uses elevate.

Other than that, Grace works fairly well, gives me time to go to the bathroom when playing Inaros. So maybe next time, before creating your eye opening title, do a little bit of testing on something other than a Mag, before making such universal conclusions.

Edited by Ver1dian

12 hours ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

You have a 6% chance to proc it it's very low but the main problem happens when you have an host with a bad ping.

since you can turn even banshee into a tank frame with all the new mods released in the last year, arcane grace is pretty useful for virtually all frames on one build or another. I use magus elevate for emergency heals and like arcane grace because it allows for healing without pausing a more active playstyle.  Magus repair heals a hell of a lot faster but requires you to stop what you're doing entirely.

3 hours ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

*insert "yes, that's what ____ means" meme

It's a recovery tool for tanking. If the frame can't take damage in the first place then it's not going to help.

I don't really know what else you want said other than you're wrong. Grace is the 2nd most widely useful Arcane after Energize.

After Energize > Grace > Guardian the value of Arcanes gets very niche.

Tbh there are better passive healing sources than grace, but going from that to "grace is useless because reasons" is a bit if a stretch don't you think OP? 

On the guy about elevate vs repair, i am one of the elevate users. Depends on playstyle. 99% of my operator use (unless fooling around) is a single dash as fast as possible to relocate or use one of the actives. Elevate works better than repair if your average time in void mode is a quarter of a second ;D

Edited by Autongnosis