The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

mozartblows

Question

I'm new as well.  I chose Mag as my beginner.  I was given a bunch.  

To be honest Exaclibur is really well rounded.  Mag takes some getting useful.  

I threw some money at the game and bought Wisp and she is truly fantastic.

Powers.

Passive: Phased.  Being invisible in the air and jumping is very powerful. And it can get you out of trouble and difficult areas with ease.

1)  Very versatile.  At level 10 you can drop 3 different motes (6 total).  But the starting health mote is good enough to get you to level 10 fast.  Then the speed and the electricity motes are indispensable.  Shock motes on chose points keeps everything away from defense targets.

2: will allow you mobility and act as a decoy.  The teleport gets you where you need to be at both motes and out lf bad situation.  Mainly against AOE users.

3: That that CC is nice and can be cast with the number 2 to make a wider CC area.

4: Sol Gate.   Is great when in your motes.  That thing can really ramp damage.   With efficient mods and energy I can melt an area.

Other than that I have become addicted to Zephyr. Dont know why.  But I woudnt recommend her for super new people.

Edited by Hexsing

One vote for nezha too if you wanna survive a little more.
Mesa Prime is great for beginners too - you can try to compete in the dps department alongside saryn (I say prime because she is a lot easier to get than the normal one).

Weapons - Ignis/amprex
some good polearm like the orthos prime or guandao
and the best beginner secondary is the atomos

Edited by vegetosayajin

On 2019-07-29 at 8:16 PM, HollyleafYT said:

Boltor is a great starter weapon, its very powerful and with the correct mods can blaze through lvl 20+ levels, but if you have a clan, ignis(wraith if your clan has it) is probably your best choice

As for secondary, seer is one of the best secondary for beginners, just kill vor a bunch of times and have someone help you grind 2 orokin cells

Lol, Seer literally took me a few weeks to farm due to bad RNG.

I would suggest Mirage. Her abilities are straight forward, easy to understand and with the right weapons and mods... Devastating. A lot of people underestimate her potential. She's definitely a glass cannon, if you have decent situational awareness you'll do fine. (Stay on the move always.) Equipped with AOE (area of effect) weapons is where Mirage truly excels. Zakti, Torid and Arca Plasmor to say nothing of the Lens will produce exceptional results. With Hall of Mirrors and a "light" driven Eclipse activated simultaneously.

Details

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst
typo

Excalibur, frost or rhino. Well don't worry about warframes that much. Just go on modding and levelling up your starter warframe.

I recommend using excalibur as his 4th ability is the best melee ability and he is a well-around warframe. Excalibur can be easy to get used to.

It depends on your playstyle which weapons you like, Like I like melee style so I mostly use melee weapons.But some common recommends are Skana is a good melee and Boltor is an amazing rifle. (When you unlock Ceres you might wanna make Orthos Prime its a really good melee I use it.)

😉Cya,

Edited by Rikk_

Hello there, since every1 has its own opinion , some are alike , here are "my" 2 cents.

Every frame has its own unique kit, some are extremely good at certain things, some are good at other.
I would recommend you to get a Nova. One of the toughest frames to master, but once mastered - everything else in this game would be a breeze for you.
A Guandao or a Zaw and a Kit gun or even two !
Ignis is a great weapon specially the "Wraith" that You wont be disappointed ever. Tho try to keep at least 1 of each type bow/shotgun/sniper/etc. Cuz You may need it for a sortie.

Complete every "Quest" possible. Completely every Junction. Open every mission. Collect every frame and archwing possible, try a lot of weapons 🙂

Since I havent played from years and I just came back to the game, I've been focused on doing the daily standings via bounties @ Fortuna and Cetus. Dont forget for the bounties @ Night in Cetus, to at farm teralysts so You can have ur "Amp" standings going as well.

Few others frames to mention :
Rhino - best overall tanky frame that requires no effort to play.
Saryn - extremely good at ESO
Trinity - energy vampire / bless [75% dmg reduction buff] - one of the easiest supports to play
Limbo/Khora - excels at def/mobile def/excavation missions especially. If theres no Corpus involved !
Loki / Ash / Ivara - assassination / rescue / spy missions.
Ember - one of the best at low level /under 50/ extermination missions.
Mesa - best frame for bounties overall.

There are many other that could be mentioned, but for starting I think its enough. Game is not easy to learn and progress thru, may come heavy on the wallet at some point as well, especially if u hate "grinding" as an Asian xD

For a beginner, I recommend Excalibur and then don't worry about the next one. Even when you have a second 'frame, keep Excalibur. Solar junctions are easy with his Radial Blind and Exalted Blade ability.

My second Warframe to build was Oberon. I could not get all the blueprints for Rhino but got all the ones for Oberon first, due to crazy RNG. The consensus of the internet seems to be that Rhino should be your second warframe but it's not true.

Changing from Excalibur to Oberon was strange, but it makes me appreciate a different way to play. The game is well-designed in that it seems like you can play anything you can get, given what you have available. 

This idea alone makes arguments about Warframes trivial for me.

So here's my advice. Build whatever warframe you can build now and enjoy it.