Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The costs aren't even that bad, time acquisition wise

(PSN)JaysInc_

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Trolls be trolling.

Baits be baiting.

And I'm just sitting here, mast... wait a sec.

My masturbation joke is here and intact.

Meanwhile a post where I compliment people and give them my support was deleted.

Uhh, It is said to keep your issues with mods to pms, but I got no notification which mod I should consult, so I can't.

Anonmod? This is silly.

5 hours ago, kuciol said:

For you there is no hope. 

brush-nickel-deco-mirror-vanity-mirrors-

3 hours ago, kuciol said:

That goes both ways you know.

Under normal circumstances where both sides made a coherent logical arguments then sure. But you went on and on acting all high and mighty without making any real valid point that doesn't hinge on people's ignorance as the crux of the argument, all the while  berating/ belittling people based on your own presumptions to the point of making racist and/or derogatory remarks time and time again even though it adds nothing to your "defense".

I get that you can do it for an hour or so each day but some people are missing the point - if it was fun I wouldn't mind wasting an hour on it. 

But it isn't and I'd rather be playing another game mode instead. This is my free time, I'm looking to have fun and relax, not potentially sit around for an hour doing nothing or do a rather repetitive game mode. 

• Like 2

I did two matches and had enough. Probably won't even bother getting to match 4.

Playing games is supposed to be fun and unwinding. This event isn't. Bear in mind the very concept of fun is highly subjective, as the reception of this event clearly shows, and our tolerance for tedium varies wildly. Personally, getting heart surgery changed my perspective on what to bother with in my spare time, and this event isn't worth it. I'd rather grind Kela again and again for the mods (double entendre - "ba-dum-tsh!"), and the rest is of no interest to me.

But if you spring chicken think it is worth the one truly finite resource you have, go for it.

• Like 3

I remember a time, long ago, when grinding was practically nonexistent in games. Other than a couple specific examples, like RPGs, there were no rewards that you had to spend hours doing the same thing over and over to get, and no random 0.1% drop chances. You simply played the game because it was fun to play. You didn't need something to grind for as extra incentive to play. Games like Doom, Unreal, or Quake didn't need a grind to keep people playing, and yet I still go back and play them over and over, because they are just plain fun.

But, more recently, grinding has become the norm. Especially in the "AAA" market. Instead of making a game that people just plain want to play over and over, they make a boring game that people need to play over and over if they ever want the fun rewards dangling in the distance. Its nothing but a metaphorical carrot on a stick. And this is all because it is so much cheaper and easier to make a simple game that is only fun for an hour, then add a massive grind on top and call it a 60 hour game, than it is to make a game that actually has 60 hours of consistently enjoyable content all the way through. Basically: a good game should make you say "I want to do that again", but a bad grindy game makes you say "I can't wait until I never have to do this again."

The main reason everyone is complaining about the Dog Days event in particular is that it is not alone. It is simply the newest, and most obvious in a long line of similar things that DE has done recently. They used to actually do a pretty good job of matching the enjoyment of an event to how long they expected you to play it. But the events themselves have been becoming simpler, while the grind for their rewards has, if anything, gotten longer. When you go from really enjoying the new content, to being so completely done with it that you never even want to think about it ever again, yet you are only half way through the event rewards, that is a problem. It makes it feel like the stick is so long that you aren't even sure there is a carrot at the end.

The main reason I, as a nearly 2,300 hour veteran hate this so much is because I want to keep playing this game, because I have really enjoyed it. But lately, the grind has been overtaking the fun. Whatever enjoyment there is only lasts for a few days, yet it takes months, if not a full year, for them to add the next new thing. They have tried to fill this gap with massive grinds, but those aren't fun. And so, this is why I have not been playing nearly as much as I used to. And, more importantly, I am certainly not paying for this game anymore. Not until DE shows that they still respect my time. I have over 600 other games in my Steam library alone, so why would I play one that doesn't respect my time?

why even bother with this dull grind event when you can get all mods from Kela ez - rushing her is more fun - and floofs are useless (as if you didnt have enough junk to clutter your ship already)

And this is just hilarious "Pausing the game will not pause the time, and it will still run, "   WF has officially became an idle game, DE has outdone themselves!

Edited by Monolake

I got the color palette and a floof ball for kavat in orbiter. Was only around 600 but that is enough for me. The event feels unpolished and not very fun after a dozen or so runs.    I hope they add a gassed up stoner boss before its over though. Who drops something unique. or drops a boatload of pearls. Would be cool. 

• Like 1