Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to improve my damage?

RodrigoMoretto

Question

Hello everyone, I tried The Index for the very first time today with some guys from my clan and they wanted to go for the 1 hour poster thing.

Of course, I wasn't expecting to do very well, but my results weren't what I expected. I only died twice, thought I'd die a lot more. But what really disappointed me was my damage, I only did 1% of the total damage.

I'm still not in Neptune, need to finish the Natah mission to get the junction done and advance, so I'm still fairly new and inexperienced in this game.

I followed some tips for my warframe build, using a Revenant and one of my favorite weapons, the Hek. All four of us were running Shield Disruption auras and two of us with Coaction Drift.

What changes would you suggest? Was the Hek a bad idea or maybe my type of damage wasn't optimized? I'm linking the build I used for you to check what I had.

https://imgur.com/a/FNXVARS

(I'm on mobile, hoping linking like this works, if not I'll edit it in my pc)

Edited by RodrigoMoretto

I wouldn't recommend using revenant and hek for index, the builds are okay, you should use magnetic, viral or gas if you're going against corpus.

Now from my own experience, the 1hr John prodman challenge requires using "meta" warframes because the enemies are very tanky and can one shot you, bring Mesa for killing, Rhino for points and the other 2 can pick whatever they want, maybe Ev trinity if mesa doesn't have zenurik unlocked, and someone for damage buffs

Biggest factor in doing a lot of damage is being able to find the enemy fast and get to them/kill them before other players do.

Since Index disables your Sentinel/Pet you cannot rely on Animal Instinct, so to be able to locate the enemy fast you should use some kind of mod on your frame.

For example on my go to Index frame (Titania) I am using a combo of Vigilante Pursuit and Enemy Sense for a total of 60 enemy radar.

As for the second part. Getting to the enemy and killing them.

There are several helpful factors:

• Fluidity and speed of movement on picked frame (parkour + operator void dash + frame mobility mods + frame mobility abilities) - comes with experience mainly
  • Full knowledge of the map layout (shortest/quickest path from A to B, location of the energy and health orbs) - comes with experience
  • Weapons or frame abilities that do not require a lot of effort to kill. For example Hek requires for you to be in range (shotguns have short range and dmg falloff) and hit them in body/head, while there is Mesa 4 that can just aimbot everything in 50 meter range that is not hiding behind a wall. - key is to notice advantages and disadvantages of certain playstyle and reinforce the strenghts or/and compensate for the weaknesses. Comes from experience and game understanding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)Rylor Threev said:

I wouldn't recommend using revenant and hek for index, the builds are okay, you should use magnetic, viral or gas if you're going against corpus.

Not for these Guys.... first of all... they all have armor and its pretty resilient. 2nd of all the tougher Robotic enemies like the hyenas are borderline immune to DoT and viral Procs....

Since every single one of them use alloy Armor you can just more less deal 75% Bonus Damage to all of them using Radiation....

6 hours ago, RodrigoMoretto said:

Hello everyone, I tried The Index for the very first time today with some guys from my clan and they wanted to go for the 1 hour poster thing.

Of course, I wasn't expecting to do very well, but my results weren't what I expected. I only died twice, thought I'd die a lot more. But what really disappointed me was my damage, I only did 1% of the total damage.

I'm still not in Neptune, need to finish the Natah mission to get the junction done and advance, so I'm still fairly new and inexperienced in this game.

I followed some tips for my warframe build, using a Revenant and one of my favorite weapons, the Hek. All four of us were running Shield Disruption auras and two of us with Coaction Drift.

What changes would you suggest? Was the Hek a bad idea or maybe my type of damage wasn't optimized? I'm linking the build I used for you to check what I had.

https://imgur.com/a/FNXVARS

(I'm on mobile, hoping linking like this works, if not I'll edit it in my pc)

I would only swap out The Hek for something Crits alot harder....

In all honesty your ehole setup was well thought out.... you were just failed by DE's stupid weapons vs Enemy Scaling.

• Like 2

I wouldn't recommend using revenant

Rhino for points

Revenant with 15+ charges is much more better for index then Rhino because dont care about damage from 300 lvls, explosive balls, traps, turrets etc. It scales infinite like Limbo. And Rhino can be oneshoted even with his iron skin. Revenant cant. 

6 hours ago, RodrigoMoretto said:

You need meta weapons with meta dps frames. Any of them. Mirage, Rhino, Chroma, Harrow, doesnt matter. With Rubico Prime for example. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, punish_me said:

Revenant with 15+ charges is much more better for index then Rhino because dont care about damage from 300 lvls, explosive balls, traps, turrets etc. It scales infinite like Limbo. And Rhino can be oneshoted even with his iron skin. Revenant cant. 

Supposedly theres an enemy in the index that can bypass Mesmir Skin.... sooooo.... thats probably why people are reluctant to use Pappa Smurf.

Before we even get to what weapons we should be using we first need to know if The enemies scale with Time or With Rounds ?

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Not for these Guys.... first of all... they all have armor and its pretty resilient. 2nd of all the tougher Robotic enemies like the hyenas are borderline immune to DoT and viral Procs....

Since every single one of them use alloy Armor you can just more less deal 75% Bonus Damage to all of them using Radiation....

Really? Well I usually play the support guy so I never bothered bringing an actual build 

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Supposedly theres an enemy in the index that can bypass Mesmir Skin.... sooooo.... thats probably why people are reluctant to use Pappa Smurf.

Yep, was playing limbo for nightwave challenge and there's an enemy (I think it's the raptor) that could hit me inside my rift

Wow, thanks for all the replies! I'm glad my build wasn't that bad then. I did have trouble locating the enemies. And the lighting in that map made it difficult as well. When locating the enemies I would shoot them quite accurately, but the damage wasnt quite there. Lots of small grey numbers. I'll see which weapons I could use in place of the hek to reduce the problems of fall off and spread.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rylor Threev said:

Yep, was playing limbo for nightwave challenge and there's an enemy (I think it's the raptor) that could hit me inside my rift

I get Vaporized by some invisible force when I play Limbo.... don't know what it is....

Change out the hek, it's fine for starchart but not 1 hour index as the enemies scale much higher and have more hp. You'll want a high crit chance weapon with high crit multiplier to get through their hp. I suggest a radiation kitgun built for pure crit.

Radiation is the best damage type for index.

Revenant is the best frame for index, he's literally God mode there since nothing can kill him with mesmer up. 280% power strength (i think, can't see the number well on your screenshot) is good enough. Just make sure it never goes to 0 and you can carry all the points you want.

Just now, Lutesque said:

Great....

Now that somebody has said something about Stasis. How do I get murdered by an invisible force when I have entire area locked down with Stasis ?

I think there's a bug with limbo on one of the enemies. I too got damaged once while in the rift, enemy outside. Stasis on anyway, not that it makes a difference when enemy is outside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

I think there's a bug with limbo on one of the enemies. I too got damaged once while in the rift, enemy outside. Stasis on anyway, not that it makes a difference when enemy is outside.

Is the enemy spawnable in SImul? Test it, replicate it, post it in on bug forums. Wait for fix....or alternatively we can keep going with those suspicions.

I do not care because i do not use Limbo in Index.

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2019-08-03 at 8:29 PM, (XB1)Rylor Threev said:

I wouldn't recommend using revenant and hek for index, the builds are okay, you should use magnetic, viral or gas if you're going against corpus. [...]

Well I'm confused. The Wiki recommends Viral and Radiation for the Index. I have a ton of viral and rad on my maxed Arca Plasmor (and a Corpus Cleanse) and it isn't cutting through enemies like I see some other do. I have to shoot a lot to take them down.

So is it Viral and Radation or Mag, Gas and Viral?  Thanks.

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Do you really want to know how or would you prefer it did not happen?

Are those two things mutually exclusive ? 

2 hours ago, RealJustBoo said:

Well I'm confused. The Wiki recommends Viral and Radiation for the Index. I have a ton of viral and rad on my maxed Arca Plasmor (and a Corpus Cleanse) and it isn't cutting through enemies like I see some other do. I have to shoot a lot to take them down.

So is it Viral and Radation or Mag, Gas and Viral?  Thanks.

Well to be Fair.... the Arca Plasmor isn't recommended because it deals alot of damage... because it actually doesn't. 

Its reccomended because it fires a giant projectile capable of hitting multiple enemies.... 

The Same applies to ignis wraith and to some degree.... Catchmoon Chamber......

Its something people neglect to mention when reccomending those weapons....

In any case squeezing both Radiation and Viral on to a single weapon is impractical isn't ? 

You have to keep in mind why you're using each element.... 

In this case you're using the radiation for its modifier versus alloy armor and viral for its status effect to half the enemies health.... This means you need to choose your mods accordingly. You need to use the 90% Mods to make radiation and the 60/60 Mods to make viral. 

The shields are actually a problem too but I don't mod for them.... instead I choose a weapon that has Impact Damage on it (Rubico, Catchmoon, Fulmin) and then mod Radiation on That thats how I deal with The Shields...

I don't recommend gas or Toxin.... theres just too much armor to deal with....

@RealJustBoo the team comp was flawed from the start. Getting their shields to 0 is really not important at all. For a better experience run corrosive projections, not shield disruption.

The hek build is fine in practice but the problem lies more in tbe fact that your frame of choice, revenant, has absolutely zero damage buffs. Unless there were dedicated damage buffers in the team it's no wonder you had troubles dealing damage tbh. 

If you want to run revenant you can do two things:

- enthrall+reave. It deals 40% of max hp in dmg regardless of shields and armour. Not entirely sure it works tho

- a good melee with condition overload paired with a 100% status shotgun modded for corrosive blast. Every enemy vulnerable to knockdowns is gonna get deleted in a single ground finisher. 

48 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

the team comp was flawed from the start. Getting their shields to 0 is really not important at all. For a better experience run corrosive projections, not shield disruption.

Both Auras Work just fine.... so long as you mod for which ever aura you choose then it doesn't matter.... 

Hell you can even use EMP Aura with Glass Cannon builds if you want to....

il y a 12 minutes, Lutesque a dit :

Both Auras Work just fine.... so long as you mod for which ever aura you choose then it doesn't matter.... 

Hell you can even use EMP Aura with Glass Cannon builds if you want to....

No, not really. If you wanna waste all of your aura slot to get something like 1% of their ehp away be my guest. Or to give - acc to lock on and AoE attack. 

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Cicasajt:

my suggestion would be to stop using hek.

use a weapon that can properly crit or proc status (or both)

I agree to that.

I have to shoot multiple clips with my Hek, but only one mag with my Rad/Viral-modded Mara Detron..

Please note, my Hek is also Rad-modded and pushes less DMG...

The main thing to also look at when it comes to not doing a high % of the damage is your team comp. Was everyone else also Revenant or someone else like Mesa or Rhino? because they will just inherently output more damage. That, and the fact they where doing an hour index in the first place, means they where probably a lot further and a lot more well equipped than you. That isn't a problem, but will lead into damage numbers, as if they are finding more of the enemies, and dealing thousands upon thousands more damage than you, they will win in the damage charts, but possibly not in the 'kills' or 'contribution' one. 

But as for going for the build, I say forever survive Revenant is just fine, despite what some 'others' are saying. Sure yea he's just there to make it so you wont die, but considering your confidence and the fact your still using the base hek (and not say the Vaykor hek or something of the like), Id say focusing on making sure you dont drop is the best decision. 

Id go for Corrosive projection though as stated above, Shields can be punched through with Magnetic damage, then mod viral to cut there base health and your good to go. (or whatever other damage type you can get while still getting magnetic damage). But armor scales a lot harder than shields, so the few armored units that start spawning as you get later will destroy your numbers, no mater how much radation you have. Do doing Corrosive projection is just pretty much always better.

Your build was perfectly fine though, your thought process sound. Just a matter of getting DEEEP into the mechanics in order to do a hour long index, which you, at least from what I have read, aren't anywhere near needing to do that yet XD (though feel free! awesome you where able to do it anyway regardless!)