Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Absurdity of Orb Vallis Tones

ShadowFel

So, I personally rather like the Orb Vallis music, and would rather like to obtain it for use in my orbiter.  The problem is that it is tedious in the extreme to find even a single Orb Vallis somachord tone, and (assuming all songs require 4 tones), obtaining all the songs requires 28 tones.  Having only a single tone spawn across the massive entirety of Orb Vallis means they are very boring to find when intentionally searching, and they are nigh impossible to stumble upon by accident while doing other Orb Vallis content (unlike most other somachord tones, where the fact that levels are mostly linear lends itself well to stumbling upon them by accident with a degree of frequency).  With a Khora using Loot Radar, Loot Detector, and two Primed Animal Instincts, flying around in an Itzal, it took me an average of half an hour to find a single tone (I was solo, because I fully expect no one wants to share in this misery).

There are a few ways this could be alleviated.  First, each song could require only a single tone, akin to the songs in The Sacrifice.  While the tones would still be annoying to find, the difficulty would be balanced by being rewarded with a new song for each tone you find, and only needing to undergo this task a total of 7 tones.  Another option would be to increase the number of somachord tones that spawn upon loading into Orb Vallis (I'm thinking 4-6).  This would make it much more likely that a player would randomly stumble upon tones while doing other Orb Vallis activities, and a player actively searching them out would find several instead of just the one, and it wouldn't be wasted effort if the player was unable to find one or two of the tones, because they would have other tones that they probably would have found.  Yet another way to alleviate some of this insanity would be to remove some songs from Orb Vallis, and add them to Venus, though this is my least favorite option because it still makes finding any tones in Orb Vallis as unrewarding an activity as it currently is, it just reduces the number of songs that entail such distress.

• Like 2

I shall doulbe this down. A single #*!%ing tone on a GIGANTIC map that is orb vallis its unreasonable. Anything small on a map this size is unreasonable, unless it appears on the radar / map in 1km proximity. Same issues was with those datapads we had to scan during Exploiter Orb event.

Don't do this to us, DE.

Either there must be 50 of those on the map (if not more), or - as previously mentioned - 1km proximity to appear on the map.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently starter to farm them.

In solo, with Khora, two Primed Animal Instinct (one on my companion and one on Venari), a Thief's Wit, and a Loot Detector, all at max rank, it take me aproximatively 20 minutes to find a fragments.

With 4 fragments for a song, and 7 song, I'll let you do the math...

I still managed to get the two first song (venus ambiance, and fluid mechanics), but let me say that...

...yes, DE, this need a rework.