Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: Hildryn skiiiin

Khalomar

As somebody who plays a metric ton of Hildryn, it gets a little more sad every time I see a big, fat zero next to her category in the steam workshop. I'm primed to throw 6.99 at my screen the moment something nice shows up in game. Even sadder still, I've seen more people talking about Gauss concepts than Hildy, and Gauss isn't even out yet. So, I humbly request that a mighty artist champion my cause and make sure my girl doesn't get left in the dust. 😤

• Like 3

Wondering now what is the reason of everyone being so quick about Wisp (there are already three skins, if my memory doesn't betray me), and nobody being really bothered with Hildryn since her initial release. Sigh. Well, let's hope someone will eventually bring us something.

11 hours ago, Morisabeau said:

Wondering now what is the reason of everyone being so quick about Wisp (there are already three skins, if my memory doesn't betray me), and nobody being really bothered with Hildryn since her initial release. Sigh. Well, let's hope someone will eventually bring us something.

I think it's pretty obvious considering Wisps assets

Edited by Cloverskull
  • Like 2

Personally I'd love to see her get the Aures treatment like Nyx got from lukinu_u and HariPear. I love the kind of viking woman aesthetic Hildryns alt helmet gives her, and I think they could really play on like a Valkyrie theme. That said, I'd be really happy to see any kind of finished product for her!

• 3 weeks later...

Heard something along the lines of her design being "too complex" to work with? Idk.

Given how far and beyond the peeps here have gone with taking a frame and turning it into something completely different, its baffling that they didn't take poke at this even once.

Il y a 5 heures, Gashryo a dit :

Heard something along the lines of her design being "too complex" to work with? Idk.

Given how far and beyond the peeps here have gone with taking a frame and turning it into something completely different, its baffling that they didn't take poke at this even once.

What allow to take a frame and turn it into something completely different is the simplicity of the base model.
The most recent warframe have more complexe design and better quality which result in higher polycount, but some of them actually have too complexe base geometry that make it hard to work with.

If you compare Saryn to Hyldrin, you will see Saryn have overall complexe shapes on the skirt and right thigh but the geometry only define overall shape, while Hyldrin has a much higher poly count with smaller details directly being polygons instead of texture.
dfsqsdffsdfds.PNG

The simplicty of Saryn geometry make it a lot easier to work with while complexe geometry on Hyldrin (and other new warframes) have to be considered in your design and force you to incorporate some part of the design in a way that you may not want. On the next pictures, all the circled areas are stuff that are overly defined by the default geometry and allow really low customisation and shape changes.
dfsdfsqdsfqdsfq.png

So yeah, that too complexe design is probably the reason artists don't want to work on her (at least that's one of the mains reasons for me).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2019-12-07 at 4:58 PM, IanDig said:

I'd be willing to model a helmet or skin for her, but I'm not good at making concept art. If any of you design something, hit me up.

I'd be happy to try my pen at concepting her! If you want to collab ping me in private - I'll need a front/back/side view of her basemesh to be able to work around all her little details 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Ho god, as a main Hildryn since her release i check the workshop list every 2 weeks or so, i really hope she will get a tennogen skin, heck even just a helmet is great, baruuk(my second in main frames) got a frkkin skin, gauss and grendel are getting a helmet too 😞

On 2019-09-12 at 8:58 AM, Morisabeau said:

There's already a skin in the works from what I've seen on the Steam forums, the one of Amalgam collection if my memory doesn't betray me.

where? can you find a link for it please? id be really happy of you will 🙂

11 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

where? can you find a link for it please? id be really happy of you will 🙂

It took me a bit to find the thread, but luckily it's still there. Wondering if the author is still working on it though. 

Quoting, "That is the plan! Would love to do more in this Amalga- series. I am working on a Hildryn skin as well that I couldn't get done for this round, but I will attempt to get it done before the next round!"

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1843451237/1637542851355653130/?tscn=1566907812