Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK kick vote system in missions suggestion

PSvsXBOX

So the past few months I saw countless jerks being afk and leeching in missions, and its starting to get rather super annoying. So here is what I think would be super nice to have. If someone is afk for more then 1 minute, an auto message pops up for the rest of the squad members to vote, to kick them or not, and the rest of the squad members have to press yes for the afk player to be kicked so that there isn't any misuse of the kick system, same thing with Vallis or the Plains, if they go too far from the objective and don't enter the mission area in the given amount of time, we vote, and this system only to work in public games, because there is no sense for it if we are in friends or invite only mode.
Don't know about you people, I don't mind if someone is afk, but being afk during idk, an eidolon hunt or Orb fight or raids if they come back, but if someone is afk in those types of missions I don't stand by that, to leech and get rare stuff for nothing while the rest does all the work, I don't think so, work for it or buy it. That is my suggestion for dealing with afk leeches, and I hope it comes to life soon to deal with this ongoing plague that has been in the game for the past few months.

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

Kicks do noting other than to neglet the player from a reward, take screenshots instead and submit a support ticket, way more effective since players receive a warn and will on the following week decide to quit the game

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I know, and I did, countless times, but its just an ongoing plague lately. Here is an example, I entered and extermination mission in a sortie, and 2 players were afk. I also saw people entering an Orb fight and being afk and doing who knows what and then they just jumped in to collect the loot. That is why I posted this, to deal with them so that someone who wants to play can join the session

Vote kick in a game with 4 players max in a mission is flawed, 2 players can troll around to vote kick the rest just because they can, votekick system is only effective in a game where the player count is 6+ so trolling doent happen as often. Only option we do have it report and yes it is not effective but votekick would be abused and cause even a bigger problem

10 minutes ago, M3JA said:

I know, and I did, countless times, but its just an ongoing plague lately. Here is an example, I entered and extermination mission in a sortie, and 2 players were afk. I also saw people entering an Orb fight and being afk and doing who knows what and then they just jumped in to collect the loot. That is why I posted this, to deal with them so that someone who wants to play can join the session

Afk kicks can be abused or even negleted if the players next to them are clanmates, i also remmeber that in some mission types 1 minute may be enough to complete some part of the mission where other players can no longer join.  So you need luck to kick the player but then no one will join.

It will also make the community prone to simply use the kick functionality, kicking the player nonstop until he can find a squad where no kicking will occur, support ends up being far more effective, they afk once and that's it, no more.

Some players may also be active but avoid the main objective intentionally (like plains bounties), you won't be able to kick. Other players may also engage 1 time per minute (manually or automatically) but they won't be helping, so you can't kick those either, finally you have the group of clan members that will not care about your votekick and will protect the afk player, even if that means reporting you, so you need a system that protects you, that's support.

DE won't let us kick players from missions. There's more potential for abuse than appropriate use so I don't blame them, sorry. It would be nice to have a report button under their name in the team window that will just log that players actions and send to support for you. On console there's no practical way to report anyone that I've found.

I still fully advocate for the host to have the option to kick players outside of missions though. No reason I should have to disband from my two friends and re-invite just to get rid of the one pug in the group after running a mission.

The actual report afk button would also be good to have. As I said, I don't mind people being afk for a few seconds or a minute or two, something happened in real life, but leeching afk, seeing them move and just leeching because they are lazy and expecting someone else to do all the work, that is what triggers me, and every 3 or 4 missions someone is doing it and I bet it would trigger everyone after some time, or is it just my luck that I am a magnet for afk leeches lately. That is why there needs to be a auto system, regulated by a bot, so that people don't troll or misuse the kick option

• Like 1

There's been many threads like this. I know, it's frustrating but unfortunately majority of the community (esp here in the forums) defends this kind of behavior. They will give you "reasons" why vote kick won't work and like there's nothing can be done about afk players, etc. Welcome to the ugly side of wf community.

Edited by Yxivi
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

There's been many threads like this. I know, it's frustrating but unfortunately majority of the community (esp here in the forums) defends this kind of behavior. They will give you "reasons" why vote kick won't work and like there's nothing can be done about afk players, etc. Welcome to the ugly side of wf community.

I know, but at least implementing it and to see how it will work and to give ideas on how to make something work better and properly would be nice to see from the community, and if it fails, it failed, but trying wouldn't hurt

So you're saying that because a person is away from their Computer for 1 Minute, they should just get kicked out of the Mission, removing their rewards and progress?
Im sorry, but thats a stupid idea.

If you get players that are truly afk in your squad, that sucks, but the alternative would be to either accept that this is something that happens, ignore it or play either solo or with a dedicated squad. Implementing Vote kick anywhere will always do more harm then good, in my experience.

Yeah, and things happen in real life, I get that, this is more for those that just leech and don't deserve the rewards, plus all remaining squad members need to vote yes for someone to be kicked, and if someone isn't leeching there is something called the squad chat so they can write brb or something so that people know they aren't afk leeches.
I do however see the problem in lvl up missions, but at least this can be done for open world bounties, events, future raids and some other major team effort missions. Plus think about this, new player, enjoying the game, afk squad members, he fails the mission and gets mad, learns that he/she should be afk as well and just leech and do nothing. Just one example. Warframe is a super awesome game and I personally wont stand for this plague, even if I have to report 100 people a day for being afk

Edited by M3JA