The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regulators Prime Build Help

WoodedSkate89

Question

?imw=1024&imh=640&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=trueCan people help me improve my regulators build. I'm obviously going to upgrade my pistol gambit and target cracker to primed mods when baro comes around with them next. And when I get more endo I will max out the rest of the unranked mods.

But what other mods could I use to make this build better?

23 answers to this question

Once you get the primed gambit and target cracker you could swap out anemic and hollow point for two elemental mods. You'll have plenty of crit chance and damage with those two mods to put some elemental damage on your build

Personal preference, keep this build on config B or C. I have a similar one for the lulz and sometimes it's fun switching to it.

This is my regulators build: 

Spoiler

jhbUVA8.jpg

Note: you can achieve the same build with just 3 forma on the regulators I added a 4th to test magnum force vs hollow point, turns out that with the CC I get from Primed pistol gambit hollow point is the better option DPS wise

And the accompanying mesa build just in case:

Spoiler

iG27c4x.jpg

It has served me quite well for pretty much anything I throw at it.

Edited by EDM774

11 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Anemic will give you much much more dps than Hollow Point

11 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Too much strength (150 is more than enough to get high dmg numbers and cap her DR) Better use higher duration so you don't need to recast her 2 and 3 every 20 seconds. You have quite some energy hungry Mesa there. 

Max Fleeting and max Streamline is useless with positive Duration. Use both R4 and you'll get the same energy cost plus 10% more Duration

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

32 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Max Fleeting and max Streamline is useless with positive Duration. Use both R4 and you'll get the same energy cost plus 10% more Duration

Interesting, the same energy drain on regulators as max ranked efficiency mods? Why would anyone use the full versions if they can feed a channeled ability well enough at rank 4? I get getting the 10 percent extra duration, but I don't understand how less ranked mods can give the same stat- I get that as far as efficient builds folks will often use unmaxed mods to make the most of their mod capacity. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

but I don't understand how less ranked mods can give the same stat-

R4 Fleeting is 50%, R4 Streamline is 25%, combined 75% (which is cap)

R5 Fleeting is 60%, R5 Streamline is 30%, combined 90% (capped at 75%, 15% wasted)

This is only useful for channeled abilities if your Duration drops into negatives (< 100)

table goes here:

latest?cb=20180325033017

25.0 is lowest which means 75% off.

So you can ether use  282% Duration with just a Streamline to get min costs or you use 190% Eff and 40% Duration.

But in case of Mesa this hurts your 2 and 3 which needs to be recast every 10 secs or so

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

R4 Fleeting is 50%, R4 Streamline is 25%, combined 75% (which is cap)

R5 Fleeting is 60%, R5 Streamline is 30%, combined 90% (capped at 75%, 15% wasted)

This is only useful for channeled abilities if your Duration drops into negatives (< 100)

okay, please forgive this stupid question. Why is 75% the Efficiency cap for regulators? Do you mean that 75% is the last "level" of efficiency for the weapon? 

45 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Anemic will give you much much more dps than Hollow Point

I have arcane Velocity for that.

for your other points my OCD kills me if I don't use max rank mods hehe, jokes aside my mesa isn't energy hungry at all Arcane energize got me covered.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Badger said:

okay, please forgive this stupid question. Why is 75% the Efficiency cap for regulators? Do you mean that 75% is the last "level" of efficiency for the weapon? 

the game has a hard cap of ability efficiency % can't get higher than 75. Simple as that. It's not just for the regulators its for every warframe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Why is 75% the Efficiency cap for regulators?

General rule. Every ability cost caps at 75%. No matter what you try, you cannot get below 25% of the initial energy cost.

2 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

I have arcane Velocity for that.

So? Fire Rate isn't capped. Velocity + Anemic is still more dmg than Velocity + Hollow Point. 

3 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

for your other points my OCD kills me if I don't use max rank mods

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Not a stupid question, no worries. 75% is the ability efficiency cap. Less energy consumption while using your ult at 75%. Unless you're using Blind Rage which reduces efficiency, you only need rank 4 Fleeting and Streamline as mentioned.

EDIT: I was slow to post. Anyway, yeah, what they said lol

Edited by 7.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Too much strength

Not if I want more damage out of my 2. Recasting isn't a problem for me as I mentioned my energize got me covered.
 I did cave and use R4 eff mods tho and put on anemic

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EDM774 said:

Hide contents

jhbUVA8.jpg

Note: you can achieve the same build with just 3 forma on the regulators I added a 4th to test magnum force vs hollow point, turns out that with the CC I get from Primed pistol gambit hollow point is the better option DPS wise

Hide contents

iG27c4x.jpg

It has served me quite well for pretty much anything I throw at it.

Thank you. (By the way, for the mesa build, peacemaker bypasses augur secrets

il y a 1 minute, WoodedSkate89 a dit :

Power strength doesnt affect regulator damage

It does. The arsenal doesn't directly shows it but when you keep firing, your reticle shrinks and you get a base damage bonus which gets to 150% at max shrink and neutral strenght. 

If you have high enough strenght, between that and the 25% off her lasso, you already have a lot of base dmg modifier. IE in my build which iirc has nearly 250% strenght, hornet provided a meagre +38% bonus while anemic agility provided about +66% while also increasing proc rate and reducing ramp up time. 

11 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

It does. The arsenal doesn't directly shows it but when you keep firing, your reticle shrinks and you get a base damage bonus which gets to 150% at max shrink and neutral strenght. 

If you have high enough strenght, between that and the 25% off her lasso, you already have a lot of base dmg modifier. IE in my build which iirc has nearly 250% strenght, hornet provided a meagre +38% bonus while anemic agility provided about +66% while also increasing proc rate and reducing ramp up time. 

Ohhh ok

2 hours ago, EDM774 said:

I just run the calculator:

Your current build deals: 

11.218 total Damage

265.659 Burst Damage

186.265 Sustained Damage

Switching Hollow Point for Anemic will result in:

10.860 total Damage

401.845 Burst Damage

241.203 Sustained Damage

I assume you don't play turret and move around firing short bursts so we compare

265k VS 401k. Anemic clearly is the winner.

1 hour ago, EDM774 said:

Not if I want more damage out of my 2

Your build has 238% PS which result in 59% damage increase. My build uses only 155%PS which result 38,75% increase. A mere 20% more damage by neglecting Duration. 

Anyway. You could increase this even more if you use Umbral Vitality and also make you more durable. I rely on QT which bumps my eHP higher than Umbral Vit+Intensify would.

You can also swap out Transient for Blind Rage: +55% Duration +44% Strength and -40% Eff. Since you don't have energy problems this would boost your current build.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

41 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

-snip-

I'm not that into min-maxing man. the build I have now works and it works well enough for me. I am thinking of using an umbra forma to get vitality in there at some point but not at this time cuz I want to get at least 3-4 of them before I start using them in builds