Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for the change to Dog Days now everyone on the team PUMPS IT! Though a suggestion or two for the next time.

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

And it's pretty good. and honestly when i see someone afk now well it turns into more pearls for me i'm almost getting these at double the rate if i'm really getting in there.

For next time the event is run though I think maybe some of the executioners having a few little things like how Garesh is a quick dodgy boi like the Hyekka person summoning squirt gun mounted hyekka and silly stuff like that. not a big deal but you know

Also perhaps make the water fountains that refill ammunition instead have different guns as well? just slap the water canister on a Hek (1shot then you gotta PUMP IT cause now it a pump action shotgun) and maybe a water Quatz that does a little splash AOE. Like I figure we aren't gonna make full blown splatoon here but I figured I'd at least toss a few ideas. I doubt water melee would really work though. Either way thanks for this change in the event!

• Like 2

So it's the start of a good change... but you still need to make it team kills for pearls. When it's personal kills for pearls, it only encourages kill stealing, and that's a negative play experience. DE always saying they don't want to encourage any kinda trolling (reason we can't kick people from squads), yet this exists.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chornoboh said:

So it's the start of a good change... but you still need to make it team kills for pearls. When it's personal kills for pearls, it only encourages kill stealing, and that's a negative play experience. DE always saying they don't want to encourage any kinda trolling (reason we can't kick people from squads), yet this exists.

But if it goes to team kills, it's back to square one with more leechers soooo...

Edited by Sacronian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacronian said:

But if it goes to team kills, it's back to square one with more leechers soooo...

I'd rather deal with the occasional leecher than a sweat. 

At least the leecher isn't a direct determent to peoples points where as some sweatlord vulturing kills that other players have all but secured.... is.

You know kinda the whole reason the bulk of modern games have instanced drops and the XP sharing systems. Because otherwise playing with those kinds of killstealing ninja looters isn't fun in any way shape and or form. At least with those systems in place it's tolerable.. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sacronian said:

And yet there will still be less leechers than before because actually playing the mode is rewarding.

And in the end?  I will deal with a few leechers before I deal with trying to pug a second time and only manage to get 10 kills in a match because my kills kept getting stolen over and over and over and over again which honestly made me question: "Why am I doing this?  My kills will just be stolen and I might as well just AFK because I'll get roughly the same rewards..." and mind you, I've been actively playing this mode the entire time.

Having the rewards be personal based basically pushes you towards doing it solo, because if you're doing it in a group you're now directly competing with others as they try to steal your kills and you try to steal theirs.
And in a co-op environment?  That's just not fun.

Instead of playing the mode with random players like I had been doing up to this point I've started to just solo it now.  Playing with others is now actively a detriment on how many pearls you can get.

Edited by Tsukinoki

8 hours ago, Chornoboh said:

I agree, this should be changed so we're encouraged to work together, instead of fighting to get the kills.

5 hours ago, Sacronian said:

Team kills would incentize players to work harder. With only a pearl when YOU kill a enemy, most players would get between 10 or even up to 25 kills themselves(most likely on pc due to much better aiming with mouses), likely since some other player keeps yoinking them unintentionally, which just further demotivates a player to try less if they can not double the payout they get from the base amount. If the total 30~80 kills were to all give pearls to everyone, then that would make the absurdly high prices for the floofs look less frustrating, which should of honestly of been 150 to 200 pearls. Plus have every beachball be the SAME price.

Either we need a proper reason for us to want to mow down the enemies, prices that are reasonable so we can flood our dojos with hundreds of balls OR weapon variety that makes it feel like we have a fighting chance despite us fighting 3 executioners if we solo, 9 if we are in a group of 4, where half of them want to have this weirdly janky movement that makes it frustratingly hard to shoot them, unlike how regular enemies are not acting like crack addicts who can`t stand still long enough for your bullet to land on them less your spraying shots, which means you run outta shots before you have to pump it again to repeat the process again, just to finally kill the enemy after 3 or more rounds of pumping shots.

Even plenty of older guns had more stability and precision where we can hit a enemy, instead of being stuck with a bad projectile speed semi-auto shooter with a terrible reload mechanic that has to be done every 4 to 5 shots..

Edited by Avienas

In reference to kill stealing , i find it that most times its due to the mechanics of the game mode.  Having to pump the weapon for better output sometimes leaves you in a bind trying to kill one of the referenced crack heads.  They have 1% health and you need to pump the gun/ then bam, stray fire smokes him so you miss out on a pearl. The only real issues I see is the leeches.  Maybe its just cause im old and patient, but when i see that, more pearls for me.  If its more than one person doing it then  i bail on them half way through the match and hope that i was hosting so that it kicks them all from the match. Besides with 5 min matches its not like when they leech on full blown missions where you are forced to wait for extraction cause they are still standing at spawn.

Edited by (PS4)scottfernaays
error
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Avienas said:

Even plenty of older guns had more stability and precision where we can hit a enemy, instead of being stuck with a bad projectile speed semi-auto shooter with a terrible reload mechanic that has to be done every 4 to 5 shots..

Again since im old I think they captured the idea of the mechanic well..  It goes back to being a kid with an overpriced pump action water gun that you literally spent more time pumping or trying to fill with water while other people were shooting you the face so you couldnt see what you were doing.  Its not supposed to be the Arca Plasmor, more like a Dollar General special.   Coming at this game mode and putting it under the same microscope used to judge all the other aspects of the game is a waste of time.... but them floof prices  .. damn they high.  The mode is just supposed to be goofy fun not to be taken serious.   

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I DID pump it, but the change makes me sit afk and hope you lose the match out of spite.

It's way too easy to get pearls now, base 50 and no more was good. This event is trite now.

i'm happy to get more pearls, i'm just narked that we're not getting backpay, must be over 1000 pearls i've missed out on because they introduced this late and now i'm absolutely sick of the game mode. to be honest, i found it pretty lame in the first place but forced myself to grind for some stuff

2 minutes ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

i'm happy to get more pearls, i'm just narked that we're not getting backpay, must be over 1000 pearls i've missed out on because they introduced this late and now i'm absolutely sick of the game mode. to be honest, i found it pretty lame in the first place but forced myself to grind for some stuff

I hope you lost all your pearls and have to start all over again

3 hours ago, (PS4)scottfernaays said:

Again since im old I think they captured the idea of the mechanic well..  It goes back to being a kid with an overpriced pump action water gun that you literally spent more time pumping or trying to fill with water while other people were shooting you the face so you couldnt see what you were doing.  Its not supposed to be the Arca Plasmor, more like a Dollar General special.   Coming at this game mode and putting it under the same microscope used to judge all the other aspects of the game is a waste of time.... but them floof prices  .. damn they high.  The mode is just supposed to be goofy fun not to be taken serious.   

Im not trying to take it too seriously, its just when i expect decoration goods and what not events, based on past experience on other games, Which also includes Plague star as another example, i expect it to not take too long to get a single item, giving plenty of room if say we want to get a bunch and flood sections of our decoration areas with a literal wall of the goods. We already got people pulling that on warframe. Its just way too much of a MASSIVE gap difference compared to how reasonable plague star loot was compared to this event.

Combine with how bland the event is despite it trying to be a fun event, well they could of just made it spawn 2 executioners per tenno & make tidy up the executioners a bit so half of them are moving like crazy speed addicts able to easily dodge my shots but at the same time easily shoot me even if i am hip firing while sprinting and shooting at them. Hence why they really should of just kept the normal rathuum design so the event goes signficantly faster to greatly reduce what i call the BOREDOM wait point, since if they are not going to get really fun with water jump jets, water gun variety, maybe even splash grenades etc. to really make it fun, well, just letting EACH player get a single pearl for EACH kill they do themselves ONLY, just really makes it turn into your standard mobile game competitive salt-fest a tad much more, which is barely going to affect the amount of pearls you will need to the floofs.

• Not everyone can start day 1 of an event and farm it like a madman every day to get everything.
  • Not everyone enjoys waiting extra time length even after they hit 100 kills before 4 minutes have past somehow.
  • Not everyone enjoys chunky prices of pearls which could require many, maaaany hours of farming.
  • Not everyone likes having to do deep run sessions for event goods, especially when certain goods for the most part, are just texture recolors with nothing significantly else about them except costing much more.
  • Ultimately: On top of hotfixing alot of the bugs, alot of coss above 300 or more pearls should of drop by 30~40% or even more to be reasonable to get one`s hands on them. If they could not even put the effort to make total kill count between the team= everyone gets that extra amount of pearls at the end of the match.
Edited by Avienas

On 2019-08-07 at 9:01 PM, Tsukinoki said:

And in the end?  I will deal with a few leechers before I deal with trying to pug a second time and only manage to get 10 kills in a match because my kills kept getting stolen over and over and over and over again which honestly made me question: "Why am I doing this

yeah people you meet at random intentionaly stalks you for getting the last hit?

Get better at getting the last hit. 

And i thought people say this mode is too easy. Does soaktron needs a nerf? 

I addressed the issue of kill count pearls in another thread, so I won't repeat that, but I wanted to mention mods, since it was mentioned on the latest Prime Time.

On one hand, I understand the intention for the game mode to have all participants on a level playing field. However, honestly, the mods that do work don't really give a massive advantage over other players -- they're mostly mobility-related. (Sure, maybe Rifle Amp could be patched out, since that directly makes it easier to kill soak the enemies.) Personally, I actually found it quite fun trying out different mods and seeing what worked, just trying to find that slight edge for farming the final mission, and I think it's safe to say that mentality also applies to most other Warframe players throughout the game as a whole, no? Plus, personally, I rarely even use most of the Exilus mods, but after using some of them for Dog Days, I may actually reconsider a few in some builds/game modes. It served as a sort of showcase for them, which is especially timely since The Jovian Concord brought us all sorts of new Exilus mod sets to play around with.

As long as DE can change the kill-reward pearls to be more team-friendly, I don't think allowing a slight edge in the game mode is particularly a problem. It is a cooperative game mode, after all, and a pretty heavy farm at that. Allowing the team to do something other than just "git gud" is another fun aspect of it and helps to alleviate the farm burnout.