Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tusk thumper nightwave mission completion bug

kardlive

I was in a squad for this week's Thumper tasks. We found a non-Doma Thumper first, and that completed the "Tusk Thumpin" task. After 2 more Thumpers, we found a Doma. I did not get credit for this, even after finishing the mission successfully. My squadmates supposedly got it, but they left before they actually confirmed...

In any case, this nightwave task is somewhat bugged.

Update: Second Doma kill registered. I wonder if the 1st one didn't work because I was relatively far away sniping it.

Edited by CitizenV
  • Like 1

After helping a clan mate with the task, I'm fairly sure you have to be within a certain distance. We didn't wait for him to get to the Doma Thumper before killing it, and he didn't get any credit. We found another Doma, waited until he was within a few meters, killed it and he got credit.

26 minutes ago, CitizenV said:

After helping a clan mate with the task, I'm fairly sure you have to be within a certain distance. We didn't wait for him to get to the Doma Thumper before killing it, and he didn't get any credit. We found another Doma, waited until he was within a few meters, killed it and he got credit.

maybe, but i doubt this theory - at least if you weren't on the other side of the map when the thingy went down (and even then maybe not).

my guess, like most of the times when something need to be triggered in warframe for any kind of challenge (riven, archivements, etc), things can get buggy when you're not the host of the mission. often, it works well, sometimes not much - it might be if the host has a poor connection (or rather you to the host, for whatever reason).

for a long time now, whenever it's possible and/or sensible, i do any kind of challenge alone in solo mode - less chance for the game to f-up.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Citris_23 said:

I was standing right next to the Doma thumper when we killed it and still did not get credit for it my 3 squad mates who were further away all got credit. 

Same for me just a few minutes ago. I was nearly point-blanking it with a shotgun when we blew it up.

After my first attempt ending in a despawn and leaving me and my squad empty handed, I'm tempted to just skip this challenge. Will come back to it tomorrow for one more go.

Killed it twice in solo mode, still didn’t get task completed.

UPD: A friend killed Tusk Thumper Doma before Tusk Thumper. It counted as Tusk Thumpin' instead of Walk Without Rhythm.

Edited by Kitmoon

i had completed the simple one and left the other for w/e

today decided to do it and started the highest level bounty and spawned one
we go on and kill it but i did not get the test completed

will try again 😕

Same problem for me - we killed Tusk Thumper and I was really close to it when we did it. I was not downed for the whoe fight aswell. We finished the bounties and I have still the Nightwave quest to do. It's pretty dissapointing and I hope this will be resolved quickly. 

Edited by Shemei

On 2019-08-04 at 7:29 PM, CitizenV said:

I was in a squad for this week's Thumper tasks. We found a non-Doma Thumper first, and that completed the "Tusk Thumpin" task. After 2 more Thumpers, we found a Doma. I did not get credit for this, even after finishing the mission successfully. My squadmates supposedly got it, but they left before they actually confirmed...

In any case, this nightwave task is somewhat bugged.

Update: Second Doma kill registered. I wonder if the 1st one didn't work because I was relatively far away sniping it.

I know they patched the range now but all Nightwave tasks not finishing until two tries happens to me. I posted about it somewhere on the forums before. A lot of times it's the 1000 daily one that I have to do two times, but also the cache one which sucks. It'll say I got it then i go back to the ship and I don't have it. Also last week the 5 orb vallis ones, the first two i didn't didn't even count after doing all 5. I did the 5th and 4th hardest missions, then 1-3, went back to the npc after nora didn't trigger with her message and saw checkmarks missing from mission 4 and 5.

• 1 month later...

Hey DE , i wanted to do this mission for the credits , found one after 15 min of solo research and i got stomped hard. After an hour and a half of searching i got one killed solo and didn't get the credits, that's some bullS#&$ I'm not gonna accept , fix your game i just wasted 2 hours on nothing !