Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Etiquette & Advice: Fissure Farming

(NSW)Quarky

Question

Helloooo, I've made it to Europa solo so far and I really have no idea what's needed from me in a team other than to be a sentient player that doesn't just $&*^ off. Common sense stuff. Some questions that I have, though:

Regarding actual gameplay...

• How important is it to have a headset for VC?
    • For lith/meso fissures? Neo? I assume players are cooperating via voice for Axi most of the time?
  • Random PUGs on endless fissures like survival and defense extract ASAP, right?
  • At what point do random PUGs start being slower than gathering competent teammates? Probably about the point where you cannot solo the fissure mission quickly and painlessly, yeah?
  • Spy missions are by far my favorite and how i've farmed my affinity thus far, what's the etiquitte for spy fissures?
    • First to hack the vault console goes in?
    • Everyone mobs vault A, then mobs vault B then C? Maybe People split up to do the vaults independently for maximum speed?
  • Is there anything I should know beyond the basics? Collect reactant, complete objectives, extract.

Regarding choosing rewards...

• Between the choices at the end of a fissure mission, should I just always choose the rarest?
  • How many forma blueprints should I start stockpiling?
  • About how many ducats is smart to start hoarding? Baro Ki'Teer looks kinda expensive...
  • If I plan to sell prime parts for plat, I should probably hold them until they've been vaulted, huh?
    • Do you super savvy merch-types do any sort of ducats/plat analysis to determine what to sell to players and what to grind into ducat dust?
  • Anything else you think I should know that you'd be happy to take the time to type out?

Thank you for your time! I'm mostly looking for advice to put me on the right path to find the info I need via lurking. This is a huge game and I never would have found the warframe.market site alone, for example.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I never use mic to pub squads, even in clan squads, I rarely use discord and never use voice chat, only in-game chat messages.  I only use Discord with people I know or when we need to coordinate efficiently which is still pretty rare, other than that my VC is always on mute.

On fissures, if you joined a recruit team asking for a certain relic on radiant, you better have it, other than that, use whatever you want on a pub fissure.

Edited by --RV--Dopekoke
  • Like 1

I never used voice chat and I never heard anyone complain that I dont use that 😉

Depends on the team for endless if they wanna stay you can stay if you dont just leave not everyone has relics to waste

If you want more reward option go open squads, but if you just wanan waste relics or try getting component by uyourself then thats fine too. I always go pug on heavy killing fissures liek defense or survival which need more firepower and makes life easier, while in capture or rescure I just go solo if I need void traces or just dont wanna see others and its faster doing capture and rescue solo.

In spy if you get to the vault first its ytours but lets say you dont have a tsealth frame and another person arrives there with a stealth frame, you may want to let the stealth frame person do the vault

You pick what you need or the rarest or forma if its all common and you dont need that. Better forma than 15 ducats

If you are out of forma then pick forma if nothing is better, if you have forma but all are common and you dont need them pick forma, forma works as last case scenario

Depends on how many thing you have form him if you have most then you dont worry a lot if you only have a few of baro stuff then do more relic missions I say around 500 should be fine for like a weapon for mastery rank

For ducat grinding and what to sell is just the price, if the price is like 10p and worth 100 ducats then I ay go for ducats, if its 20p and 100 ducats then think what you need more.

When doing missions that can be done fast like need 800m traveling dont be slow keep up somewhat dont stay behind opening all lockers and smaching all containers cause thats just prolonging the mission, in the same mission type where you have to go a lot to the objective when you see enemies dont kill them right away if they are not corrupted, wait a bit and the corruption should affect them and then kill them, or just whatever, I usually wait a few seconds to see then move on taht is if I need reactant or if someone from the team needs reactant. The reason for wiating a bit is so you collect reactant faster and dont have to stand idle waiting for mobs to spawn/get corrupted and after objective just directly extract

How important is it to have a headset for VC?
- IDK in Switch but in PC nobody really uses the voice chat, even the text chat box. Everyone basically acts on their own and do what they like as if they're playing solo. This can be different if it's a pre-made squad tho but if it's a random squad, then yeah, you're on your own.

Random PUGs on endless fissures like survival and defense extract ASAP, right?
- Again it's all about "reading" what everyone on your team is doing. Sometimes they stay longer, sometimes they extract on the first rotation. I just tend to follow what everyone else is doing, like if I notice they're all heading to extraction then I'll extract along.

At what point do random PUGs start being slower than gathering competent teammates? Probably about the point where you cannot solo the fissure mission quickly and painlessly, yeah?
- PUGs will be PUGs so result will always vary. 

Spy missions are by far my favorite and how i've farmed my affinity thus far, what's the etiquitte for spy fissures?
- I'm gonna repeat my answer here. Just "read" what they're doing. Sometimes they'll get to the vault ASAP, sometimes they will collect reactants first. If someone is already going towards vault A, then move to the next vault. Or don't bother with the vaults and just collect reactants, someone will get to those vaults anyway.

Is there anything I should know beyond the basics? Collect reactant, complete objectives, extract.
- Nawp, that's basically all you need to know.

Between the choices at the end of a fissure mission, should I just always choose the rarest?
- Ofc unless the common part is what you're looking for.

How many forma blueprints should I start stockpiling?
- It's better to buy the forma bundle from the market than to run fissures for forma blueprints. Always pick a prime part instead of forma bp.

About how many ducats is smart to start hoarding? Baro Ki'Teer looks kinda expensive.
- Depends on what items you wanna get from Baro. Note that some of his items can be bought from other players for cheaper, so take that into consideration when farming ducats for Baro. Check this for reference: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Baro_Ki'Teer

If I plan to sell prime parts for plat, I should probably hold them until they've been vaulted, huh?
- Depends again.

Do you super savvy merch-types do any sort of ducats/plat analysis to determine what to sell to players and what to grind into ducat dust?
- I'm not sure, I'm not super savvy lol, I just sell what is currently in demand.

Anything else you think I should know that you'd be happy to take the time to type out?
- A pretty handy website https://warframe.market/

I heard a lot more voice chat on switch than I ever did in pc. You might also prefer it as typing on the switch blinds you to what is happening in mission (as well as deleting what you had been typing if you leave the menu) and can be dangerous in higher levels. 

And randoms will will be random on when they want to extract, unless endless was the only mode available I usually want to run multiple relics in an endless for example. As for reactant just keep an eye out that you aren’t forcing an extract before all players have gotten their 10. 

I wouldnt hoard ducets, just the primes. It doesn’t take long to make the prime ducet in demand and gives you flexibility if something sky rockets in price. 

One tip regarding endless fissures: you do get rewards on each rotation outside of relics and they follow the standard AABC drop rate with C being best. On each relic opened you get a bonus for the rest of the mission like extra affinity or credits and on the 5th relic opened you get a bonus free relic. 

That being said if you are with a decent team and they stay, even if only 1 or 2 others stay, it's worth staying as well. If you are struggling a bit stay with the team and try your best. Higher MR players (speaking for myself here but I've heard it from many others) have no problem doing the heavy lifting and after a couple rotations the radiant and vaulted relics start coming out. 

Also if you can get into an excavation mission with a good group definitely stay. You can get relics open every few minutes. Just make sure everyone gets their reactant in time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Helloooo, I've made it to Europa solo so far and I really have no idea what's needed from me in a team other than to be a sentient player that doesn't just $&*^ off. Common sense stuff. Some questions that I have, though:

• You really won't need a headset. I've never had to use a mic in a pug.
    • For lith/meso fissures? Neo? I assume players are cooperating via voice for Axi most of the time?
    • Not really
  • Random PUGs on endless fissures like survival and defense extract ASAP, right?
  • You don't need a mic in most circumstances
  • At what point do random PUGs start being slower than gathering competent teammates? Probably about the point where you cannot solo the fissure mission quickly and painlessly, yeah?
  • They become painful when you're in mid tier content. Because you usually get low MR's trying to force their way in to content that they are, to put it simply, too underpowered for. That's when you get a blend of players that can just about manage the content having to carry people who are miles behind being able to. That results in mission failures, lots of deaths, etc.
  • Spy missions are by far my favorite and how i've farmed my affinity thus far, what's the etiquitte for spy fissures?
  • There isn't really one. 
    • In later game spy missions, it's common that players have an unspoken bond to go after different vaults for efficiency. But if I was to say that there was an etiquette, if you know what to do. Do it. There isn't really a first one in basis. If you don't know how to do the vault either go after a different one or wait outside it.
    • (At least that's what it is for me). I don't mind extra help when doing a vault, as long as they know what they are doing.
    • Everyone mobs vault A, then mobs vault B then C? Maybe People split up to do the vaults independently for maximum speed?
    • Yeah they do that. But we don't mind extra help.
  • Is there anything I should know beyond the basics? Collect reactant, complete objectives, extract.
  • If you look to the right of your screen it says the amount of reactant collected for each player. Only extract when everyone else is at 10. 

• Between the choices at the end of a fissure mission, should I just always choose the rarest?
  • When you scroll over it, it says how many ducats they can go for. Go for the one that has the highest amount if you're not after anything specific.
  • Whenever there's an option to get a forma blueprint I usually do.
  • About how many ducats is smart to start hoarding? Baro Ki'Teer looks kinda expensive...
  • He is. That's why you wanna get as many as possible. So if you see something that you want you can get it. (Or what I like to do is... buy all of his prime mods, wait 3 weeks for the prices to normalise again, then sell them for plat)
  • If I plan to sell prime parts for plat, I should probably hold them until they've been vaulted, huh?
  • You'll be holding them a lot then. Primes get vaulted at the end of a couple of months. Basically every time a new prime vault comes a new prime is introduced and more primes get vaulted.
    • Do you super savvy merch-types do any sort of ducats/plat analysis to determine what to sell to players and what to grind into ducat dust?
    • Go to https://warframe.market and check the price of the item. If it's bad = ducats. If it's good = sell. 
    • That site can help with what to pay for when you wanna buy things. (I'd recommend using it instead of the trading chat, or at least using it to check prices). Just copy paste a message from the site into game chat and then you can speak to the seller.
  • Anything else you think I should know that you'd be happy to take the time to type out?
  • You've asked most of the good questions. But my only advice is to stay away from the trading chat in game.
  • Most people in there have tried to extremely overcharge me for mods when I could get the same mod off of warframe market for like half the price.

Thank you for your time! I'm mostly looking for advice to put me on the right path to find the info I need via lurking. This is a huge game and I never would have found the warframe.market site alone, for example.

My responses are in bold

• Ha, barely anyone uses it. always fun running into someone using it
    • Nope, Its the same for any mission.
    • Can happen, but pretty common to for a couple rounds since it is relics
    • From the begging because not everyone speed runs the missions. Pre-made or solo will normally be more efficient 
    • The un-written rule is only one person in the vault at a time. GL if anyone follows it
    • Normally everyone picks a different one and the 4th guy just chills. Like the last kid picked for sports.
    • See last answer
    • talk with the team if it's endless so get an idea how long they want to stay. Sometimes people will stay longer if they know others want to stay a while

• What you need > Best ducats amount > everyone picks the others so everyone gets extra void traces
    • None, craft that shlt. You can never have too much forma unless you really need ducats
    • About 1k a visit is a safe starting number for each visit. Most things you want are about 400 a pop
    • Vaulting items could be far off. You can do some math and figure out what is next based on the last vaulting. Unless it's really popular just sell it. active primes will take a year after the vaulting to thin out the stock pile of unopen relics anyway
    • look into warframe.market that website helps
    • 99% of the time stay with the group. Spreading out also spreads out enemy spawns. This most of the time hurts loots and other drops.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

tip for reward picking
in short 
1 - what is gold (BUUUUUUT if there is something new coming out or unvaulting go for it even if its brown cause those stuff tend to be expensive even more than regular gold)
2 - silver
3 - if u get 1 forma blueprint per day u can choose anything even bronze
4 - if u have few forma blueprint and there are bronze rewards pick bronze it will be good ducat fodder

craft forma each day and get 1 bp each day and forma blueprint will be worthless reward to you

now time for little story
it just explains my point of selection from above

when i was mr 10
2 of my clanmates told me lets go farm rare golden mod it was shell shock it was worth back then 80 plat
in addition to that if u didnt get shell shock u could get different silver mod which was worth around 40-50 plat so anyway it was profitable

and i was short on plat and i was like well hell yeah
u get that 2 mods from doing hive sabotage missions by opening all 3 caches i mean U HAVE A CHANCE TO GET THEM but still u need to find all 3 caches
long story short
we spent around 11+ hours farming them and not even a single one dropped well eventually we get shell shock
but after i did some calculation which goes like this
- if we would go do relics for that 11+ hours instead and only take as reward bronze rarity prime parts
- sell them each for 3 plat no more no less
we would be rich enough to buy shell shock 2 times and even some plat would left

and that is biggest tip i can give u
buy what u need if u can instead of trying to farm it because in most cases u will waste less time 
BUUUUUT keep in mind RNG can be in ur favor and i can be totally wrong with this one
but on other hand 

200 runs

u care for me to calcualte how much this guy wasted time?
and how much plat he would make going for fissures instead in that time?
and how many times he could buy harrow instead?

well this is very unlucky btw its not that horrible in most cases
i personally did buy only mesa and khora for plat but rest of the frames i farmed

but after shell shock i never ever did go farm for any mod ever again
i did fissures sell prime stuff i didnt need and buy what i need
and never had a problem what should i choose as reward 
something i dont have or something that i have but its expensive

and in the long run u will learn its better to have plat than parts u miss
because u will be always able to buy 90% of what u need
but its not so easy to sell what u have when u need plat

Thanks for the responses so far! There's definitely some good info here that I was looking for. Namely, VC is used rarely if ever and it doesn't seem like I'll be shooting myself in the foot if I don't have the nitty gritty specifics on the economics of prime parts and BPs right now. The forma bundle is a tempting option relative to using relics to collect BPs. I'd really much rather be using my orokin cells on reactors and catalysts (which one is the potato..?) as well as frames. I'm trying to build up my personal dojo, though, and apparently forma are needed for every tile. Derpderp. I'm not even close to needing forma for my frames/items yet but I should probably just get as many as I can.