Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk needs a buff

-HoB-KurtOn

Okay so im very much in love with this frame, but its just so..meh?

His first ability is useless so imma just leave it here.

His second sleep ability first of has a very slow cast speed (miss me with WoS natural talent) and also it doesnt remove much of restraint (so at least that should be buffed)

His third ability is okay, but the daggers go away to fast and again, dont remove much of restraint.

His fourth ability is very fun in my opinion, but lacks..Well any damage type? (status, other physical dmg, primarily status)

Also, are we gonna get some augments that can at least mitigate some of these things??

Thanks.

• Like 1

Baruuk is a beast. i use a high power strength low range build. keeps the daggers from flying away to fast and gives me 25 of them.  his second could maybe stand to chew up more restraint. also remember that you can mod his exalted weapon for elemental damage.

over all i recommend a high strength low range build with adaptation.

no augments at present

I've used both my umbra forma on him and have been having a lot of fun. I have 210% power strength and lose some duration for efficiency with prime continuity, transient fortitude and fleeting expertise (last 2 not maxed). I'm thinking of getting a second over extend to to get enough power strength to keep 40% damage reduction on serene storm but put some range on elude and lull. Since I have 90% duration lull finish a tiny bit faster, which let me spam it bit more. I'm also pretty much immortal, desolate hand 90%, adaptation, restraint 0-50%, and serene storm 40% damage reduction with umbra mods make for an insane level of survival. Add in elude and profit.

His only real downside is not so much removing(? going from full to 0 in order to be able to use serene storm) but losing it too quickly. Something that might work is to decrease serene storm passive restraint gain and put it on certain part of combos based on range and power. So you if you spam into the void, you're wasting restraint but if you only use it when there's a good group of enemies for all the aoe and use primary/secondary for solo target you would be able to manage restraint much better.

Another option is to have restraint gain/loss affected by efficiency. I'm also all for an increase in restraint loss from lull, possibly make it have multiple tick per enemies instead of all at the end when it fully sleep the enemy. Which is what it does in my understanding since until I read it did remove it on the wiki I had never noticed it once. Enemies tend to die before the sleep hit, especially in a squad. Something else that could work with the calm buddha/angry buddha is to add a passive loss of restraint whenever an ally (pet, other tenno, defense objective?) get hit. Something very small obviously and should have the affinity range.

As for direct ability buff, I would probably touch a bit on the range and rythm of throwing desolate hand daggers and maybe tweak the base number/damage reduction. I'd like it to have a clear boundary of "if an enemy get in this zone, I will throw a dagger". All in order to help a gameplay where you jump in the enemy throw tons of daggers and lose restraint, back up get some daggers up and stay at medium range to keep the damage reduction. Also, giving daggers to ally should duplicate them and not remove them. Some more interaction between abilities could be really nice too, recover daggers when close to lulled enemies?

TL;DR: Baruuk is cool and so close to being there. He doesn't really lack any damage as many people point out, but a little bit of fluidity.

Edited by Vantooth
Typos

Big Baruuk fan here. And your criticisms are valid tho you can mitigate the problem with his 3 by just not building for range.

But his 4 is indeed the worst exalted melee in the game. It really has to do with the fact that it’s a crit only impact weapon, armor drastically reduces what would otherwise be insane amounts of damage and I have no idea why it’s still like this.

I do hope his first augment is to fix the issue with his 4. Other Baruuk will just continue to be nowhere near worth the effort getting as his only use rn is very good tank and decent CC.

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Big Baruuk fan here. And your criticisms are valid tho you can mitigate the problem with his 3 by just not building for range.

But his 4 is indeed the worst exalted melee in the game. It really has to do with the fact that it’s a crit only impact weapon, armor drastically reduces what would otherwise be insane amounts of damage and I have no idea why it’s still like this.

I do hope his first augment is to fix the issue with his 4. Other Baruuk will just continue to be nowhere near worth the effort getting as his only use rn is very good tank and decent CC.

what level of enemies are you fighting? ive never had an issue with his 4 against armored targets. but then again i have mine modded for corrosive. 

20 minutes ago, Wrum said:

what level of enemies are you fighting? ive never had an issue with his 4 against armored targets. but then again i have mine modded for corrosive. 

I found major damage fall off past level 80. It then exponentially gets weaker and weaker. All the other exalted melees fall off at a much later level.

16 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You try it with shattering impact?

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I found major damage fall off past level 80. It then exponentially gets weaker and weaker. All the other exalted melees fall off at a much later level.

Thats most likely due to the fact that it is a heavy ape cc ability. There are ways to make it do more damage. It still kills trash mobs up to level 150 with relative ease. The issue is the tanky characters but you can just finisher th is his finisher damage multiplier is so huge.  Otherwise, you can short up spin for head hit with his spon attack and melt units close to him.

1 hour ago, Madway7 said:

You try it with shattering impact?

Yeah, that mod does nothing. Even with Berserker and Primed Fury Serene Storm is still too slow to full take advantage of shattering impact. He has to hit a corrupted heavy gunner 80 times to full strip their armor.

You’re legit better off building for raw damage, speed and crit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Thats most likely due to the fact that it is a heavy ape cc ability.

Baruuk already has a good CC ability with his 2, which is used to build up his 4. So why would you be using a CC ability to unlock the ability to use a worse CC ability.

Not to mention that leading up to his release DE described Serene Storm like it’ll be this big damage ability, not a CC ability. It’s supposed to be a Baruuk letting loose and going on the offensive. Not continuing to be Pacifist.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Are you talking about damage or kill efficiency? Because i have absolutely no problem with killing level 80 enemies of all types

As long as it kills them in the end, it's fine 

But if you're talking about damage numbers then that's just something for the arcades

I don't really care as long as it does it's job

That's why i'm a little easy on warframe damage abilities like tailwind for example...as long as you can exploit it's full potential...it's fine

On 2019-08-21 at 7:23 AM, -HoB-KurtOn said:

His first ability is useless

You not just cast his 1st ability and you must cast his 3rd also to make him immune (not completely) plus adaptation on his build config. Although, im done it with Captain Vor solo sortie yesterday with difficulty just to bring a bow only and i completed without downed or any kind of issue. Just change or redo your config and test it on simulacrum.

His fourth ability is very fun in my opinion, but lacks

i put shattering impact plus viral dmg on his exalted weapon but what lack of it?

His third ability is okay, but the daggers go away to fast and again, dont remove much of restraint

This dagger (3rd ability) things is help you to reduce the damage while you 1st is still active. Both must be active and you feel the different.

Anyway what buff you want actually and my suggestion to you is bring him to simulacrum and if you don't feel comfortable with the config.. change it. He just released this year why already want him to be buff and so many older frame out there need be rework.

Edited by FatCuteCat

His 1 would be alot better with the effect following the camera and the reactivation delay removed, it's actually a pretty good ability but orientation based on baruuks position instead of the camera and the delay after attacking makes it feel slow and wonky.

Other than that he could get his separate damage reductions improved, especially since getting restraint is slow. Maybe make serene storms deflection damage enemies.

Baruuks the new Wu kong. He is easily the most forgotten frame since they just pushed him out before Christmas and completely forgot he existed. For comparisons sake revenant and khora all got tons of tweaks and changes to fix there issues and baruuk for nothing. He needs an inmate way to restore his 3 it better not be a #*!%ing augment, he needs his 1 to be duration based, his 4 needs fixed with how it interacts with his augment. 

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The developers aren’t people you can just summon on a whim. Don’t treat them like that.

Where exactly "did i summon her" i legit posted it as "read it if u ever get the chance". Dont go on ur own deciding things fam 🙂

His 3 interrupts his 2.
And they share a common (range) stat.

If 3s damage didn't interrupt his 2... 
Perhaps have it raise alert level by 1 stage, instead of fully..
and have sleep not be undone by this.
(would make it risky but functional in stealth)

Building for his 3 is range based, and his 2 is range based.
..even if you drop range for the 3, it still messes up your 2
when you get close enough for finishers.

If his 2's distance were Duration based (like Nova),
You could build low range toward sleepy finisher kills..
greater risk to self with 1, but sleep mitigates that.
..more efficient 1/2/4 abilities, less Str dependent..
Or
Build high aggro toward Str and range,
less duration, but greater focus on 3 and 4,
with a full range 1, brief but huge sleep,
and faster energy spending.

Right now because of the interaction between his 2nd and 3rd ability,
he steps on his own toes, with no good option to build away from it.

Edited by kapn655321