Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun that reuses the same reusable bullets

(XBOX)CaligulaTwily

Has a clip size of like 10 or something, no reserve ammo, cannot pick up ammo. 
Can hit the "reload button" and it'll recall all bullets from the environment/enemy with infinite punch through, damaging the enemy again and damaging any other enemies on way back to gun. 

Inspired by, I thought it'd be silly badass to kill an entire army using the same 10 bullets

DE can figure out the name and numbers for damage/rof/crit/status/all that stuff, or if it's a primary or secondary or whatevers clever 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Inspired by, I thought it'd be silly badass to kill an entire army using the same 10 bullets

This really just sounds like a complete nightmare to use. I assume that there would be travel time both ways making it even worse. Your idea is basically a dart gun right?

How do you anticipate this working when you have large groups of enemies to kill coming from all sides?

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This really just sounds like a complete nightmare to use. I assume that there would be travel time both ways making it even worse. Your idea is basically a dart gun right?

How do you anticipate this working when you have large groups of enemies to kill coming from all sides?

Was hoping for hitscan actually, and fast reload speed, some "charging" effect after recalling bullets or something, like some kinda magnetic energy gun. Same as any other gun with a clip of 10

But again, that's all for DE to figure out, this justa idea

Edited by (XB1)aMichealMeyers

2 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

But again, that's all for DE to figure out, this justa idea

You are leaving too much for DE to figure out. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Was hoping for hitscan actually, and fast reload speed, some "charging" effect after recalling bullets or something, like some kinda magnetic energy gun. Same as any other gun with a clip of 10

Storing the location of hitscan projectiles sounds like more effort than it is worth. At least if you used a visible dart/arrow type projectile, with travel time, you could easily store the location. 

• I do think you need to contribute more to your suggestion if you want people to view it as something we should have.

21 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You are leaving too much for DE to figure out. 

Storing the location of hitscan projectiles sounds like more effort than it is worth. At least if you used a visible dart/arrow type projectile, with travel time, you could easily store the location. 

• I do think you need to contribute more to your suggestion if you want people to view it as something we should have.

Well alright, I was actually tryna avoid putting too much "my idea" into it too much, because I feel like, I dunno, woulda been overlooked because too specific? 

But I was actually thinking it'd be a Sentient type gun, with the wacky reload mechanic, a rifle primary, probably crit based. Maybe puncture based on entrance wound, and slash based on exit wound. Still wouldn't know what to name it though. 

And I dunno nothing about storing locations of hitscan/projectiles or whatever. But at least hitscan on the return trip to the gun pls, I think it'd be rad, like "shooting a guy in reverse" 

48 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I assume that there would be travel time both ways making it even worse.

doesn't have to be awful, provided you get effect on the Enemy that's worth it.

i thought about a Weapon like this in the past too, but one part that was important about it was upon Projectiles returning, they would become more effective the more Enemies that they hit while returning(so say, relatively low Damage/Status/Crits natively but gets extra of all per Enemy hit on return). so not great vs one Enemy, but quite powerful vs many (especially grouped up Enemies).

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Well alright, I was actually tryna avoid putting too much "my idea" into it too much, because I feel like, I dunno, woulda been overlooked because too specific? 

It's gonna get overlooked anyway, because DE pays pretty much no attention to fan concepts.

I find it's funny there are still people thinking they can "leave details to DE". DE is never gonna see this. Never.

Good luck getting several dozen thousand views and hundreds of comments* on such a small and simple concept.

*The only known concepts that got noticed that weren't explicitly from a contest (Zephyr and Typhus->Nidus) had gigantic amounts of support, and that was due to actually being FULLY fleshed out with all stats and abilities completely described and explained (not to mention high quality artwork).

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

It's gonna get overlooked anyway, because DE pays pretty much no attention to fan concepts.

I find it's funny there are still people thinking they can "leave details to DE". DE is never gonna see this. Never.

Good luck getting several dozen thousand views and hundreds of comments* on such a small and simple concept.

*The only known concepts that got noticed that weren't explicitly from a contest (Zephyr and Typhus->Nidus) had gigantic amounts of support, and that was due to actually being FULLY fleshed out with all stats and abilities completely described and explained (not to mention high quality artwork).

I dunno, I feel like some DE employee goes lookin through these whenever they're bored or out of unique ideas for content. I dunno if it's coincidence or not, but few months ago, I put up a "Corpus Soakacor super soaker" weapon idea, and few months later, they did Dog Days, with the Soaktrons operating similarly to my Soakacor idea, with the "pump for increased damage/range/rof or whatever" 

6 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I dunno, I feel like some DE employee goes lookin through these whenever they're bored or out of unique ideas for content. I dunno if it's coincidence or not, but few months ago, I put up a "Corpus Soakacor super soaker" weapon idea, and few months later, they did Dog Days, with the Soaktrons operating similarly to my Soakacor idea, with the "pump for increased damage/range/rof or whatever" 

And I've made burst-auto weapons months before the Battacor (first ingame weapon that is burst auto) and came up with weapons that highlighted enemies through walls based on punchthrough (which is what the amalgam mod for the Argonak does) good half a year before Ropalolyst's amalgam mods were revealed.

But all of that is fairly generic (anyone could have gotten the same idea independently) and I don't delude myself it was inspired by my ideas.

Also, I've seen several threads about a water gun before (in other sections of forums too, which made it more likely to be seen), so clearly that was a popular idea.