Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ShawzinBot 2.0 - Fully revamped!

Heracles421

Fixed! Just published an update today to make way for the new Yo scale.

CHANGES - v2.1:

• Added support for the Yo scale. This means the bot should now work with the newest Warframe patch
  • Fixed G#4 to use Yo scale instead of vibrato. So, you can now play almost all the notes! Only B4 is missing now

Please make sure to check the Git repo for the newest version!

On 2019-09-22 at 11:57 AM, Talinthis said:

thx bruh! this is on the 3rd page so bumping it with a comment.

damn. one of the songs i have saved are ruined. doesn't play properly anymore. at least i had it recorded on youtube before they added the extra scale....

Same

It'd be nice for it to have a hotkey to start it playing, so that I don't have to keep tabbing in and out just to test a file. I also have to play on fullscreen (fps reasons), so tabbing back in then causes it to have already started. I've bodged around this by editing my midi files to have a long gap of nothing at the start, but that can be fixed with adding a hotkey too. Otherwise, lovely tool @Heracles421!

On 2019-10-08 at 8:45 PM, PlexxPlay said:

Ive got a windows warning, is this thing even safe btw?

Been using it for several days now with no issues. There's a few youtube channels that also use this and they've been up for pretty much as long as the bot's been available.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i tried a few different songs and only 1 so far works. Soviet March.

Paint it black doesnt work

Imperial March doesnt work

seems the only songs that do work are ones with slow, clear guitars. That really narrows down the possibilities.

6 hours ago, 64m3r said:

ok so i tried a few different songs and only 1 so far works. Soviet March.

Paint it black doesnt work

Imperial March doesnt work

seems the only songs that do work are ones with slow, clear guitars. That really narrows down the possibilities.

No you can do pretty quick songs, it just requires fine tuning. Here is me doing one here using the bot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_w6L3SnvYw

Am I missing something? When I download it and double click ShawzinBot.exe it opens Microsoft Visual Studio. In Visual Studio, I cannot do anything and it says the project cannot be loaded. 

Edited by --Cerpheseus--
Figured out the problem

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 2019-09-06 at 3:37 AM, Heracles421 said:

-snip-

I literally only just now saw this thing and had to mess with it. Are there going to be any more updates? I think the additional scale broke the whole thing, it all sounds out of tune, kinda blows. Either that or I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

The weird thing is, it seems to sort of work when I leave the midis unaltered. However, once I remove all the background instruments besides the lead, it breaks. It sounds fine when I play it anywhere else but in warframe, the notes are completely off, I'm not sure what causes that.

Alright, so after some testing, I got it to work. What I think the bot needs is an option to turn on/off the different instruments and to transponse the instruments individually, it that's possible. I noticed that it's usually a case of notes too high on the scale that make the whole thing sound odd. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all though or breaks out of nowhere and it suddenly can't play a song anymore which it used to play almost perfectly, which I can't quite make sense of.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

2 hours ago, Afknweeb said:

Hey I have a problem when I use the bot it plays the notes way too fast and ends in an ear rape instead of the song I put in I made sure to use a MIDI file as well

Not sure about the speed of it but the reason why it might sounds totally awful could be related to the song having many G#s and Bs and/or the notes are generally too high.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

So, I come from different mmos all with their own bot for playing music, like MusicBox for GW2 and BardPlayer for FFXIV.
They both were said ok to use, if you do not abuse.
But apparently some people are being banned for using Shawzinbot.

We should try to get DE to recognize it and let it pass!

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo i was banned because a program modified the memory but i've never used anything like that in warframe...
And i wondered what .exe i used before the ban but i only used the shawzin bot.
And when i asked what banned me they couldn't say what caused the ban but they assure me it wasn't the shawzin bot...

So i guess it's safe to use...