Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania feedback

SquireAngel

On top of the things they've announced are coming I would add:

1) Make her 1 snare enemies so they don't potentially fly off all over the place

2) Make her aura buffs from Tribute affinity range so you're more likely to provide a group benefit as you're flying around (and can modify the range with one of the focus schools since they currently don't benefit from many stats).

3) I'd also consider throwing in another mechanic such as enemies killed while affected by her 1 are more likely to drop energy orbs. Then maybe make razorflies pick up energy orbs if she's missing at least so much energy. Since her little friends are able to pick tributes up now I think it would fit (and the idea would be they'd pick up the orbs much further away than her vacuum). 

Also, it sounds like razorflies still aren't getting a way to re-spawn outside of re-casting her 4 unless picking up tributes after you get your increased cap then respawn razorflies when they're dead? That should be changed too if that's the case. Either respawn at a set interval or make picking up the tribute trigger razorfly respawning in addition to increasing the cap. 

I'm not a huge fan of augments like razorwing blitz that fix baseline issues like how slow she is baseline, but this is really a bigger problem with many augments and not a Titania specific issue. 

I think some of the suggestions about entire ability re-designs or replacements are neat, but it doesn't seem like they'll realistically be doing anything that big for her between now and the estimated couple of weeks before they release them. 

10 часов назад, Ikusias сказал:

DE did totally rework Wuong and nezha, why the Hek they wouldn't do the same effort for Titania?

I believe that she's currently dead last in usage rankings

The problem is that Titania is not the same as Wukong and Nezha. The two frames were effective but not fun. Titania is funny but not effective. This is a completely different situation. I would compare She to Atlas, which also got nothing special. 

11 hours ago, Ikusias said:

DE did totally rework Wuong and nezha, why the Hek they wouldn't do the same effort for Titania?

I believe that she's currently dead last in usage rankings

Why would you want to rework a frame that has such unique abilities? They may not all be as effective as they should, but this can easily be fixed.

2 минуты назад, Koekiewollie сказал:

Why would you want to rework a frame that has such unique abilities? They may not all be as effective as they should, but this can easily be fixed.

Because all of her unique abilities are too limited to be able to use them. More freedom in archwing mode, more weapon choices, more interactions with companions, a more useful set of abilities, more useful ability control, better energy management. It is necessary to Titania. Let's not forget about fixing bugs that have been ignored for a long time. I don't think everything I've listed can be easily fixed.

29 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Because all of her unique abilities are too limited to be able to use them. More freedom in archwing mode, more weapon choices, more interactions with companions, a more useful set of abilities, more useful ability control, better energy management. It is necessary to Titania. Let's not forget about fixing bugs that have been ignored for a long time. I don't think everything I've listed can be easily fixed.

I don't see that many issues with Titania to be honest. More freedom in archwing mode would be nice, but I think she does just fine already. Maybe they could add the ability to revive and pick up and carry items while in razorwing. Also, I don't need any other weapon besides Dex Pixia. Maybe a better melee would be nice.

It might be nice for companions to be out doing their thing during razorwing, but kavats or kubrows might find it difficult to stay close while you are in the air. Also, did you know certain companion mods still work while in razorwing 🙂

Energy management is no problem for me (unless I start running into acients of course). She has got a pretty large energy pool now as well.

Overall, I think Titania just needs some tweaks, and I am glad they don't do a completele overhaul.

What bugs are you talking about that needs fixing?

32 минуты назад, Koekiewollie сказал:
Also, I don't need any other weapon besides Dex Pixia. Maybe a better melee would be nice.

Just because you don't need it doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful to others. Moreover, invulnerable to the abilities of the enemies require that you leave the archwing mode. I just care about a future where abilities can harm the frame.

33 минуты назад, Koekiewollie сказал:
It might be nice for companions to be out doing their thing during razorwing, but kavats or kubrows might find it difficult to stay close while you are in the air. Also, did you know certain companion mods still work while in razorwing

🙂

In fact, you don't need companions physically. I talked more about making their effects work on razorwing. For example, increasing the crit chance that a cat gives would be very helpful to Dex Pixia. Or the death cube's energy generator. We have razorfly that could activate these effects.

36 минут назад, Koekiewollie сказал:
Energy management is no problem for me (unless I start running into acients of course). She has got a pretty large energy pool now as well.

Because you're not using her powers like you're supposed to. All you need in most cases is razorwing and buffs. The rest ability to simply not are required, because they are weak and inconvenient. Yes, people love the first ability, but I don't think they spam it all the time. What's more, you don't have many ways to recover energy outside of razorwing and this imposes restrictions on using abilities at all.

39 минут назад, Koekiewollie сказал:

What bugs are you talking about that needs fixing?

For example, that Latern not can keep enemies in constant control from-for what they can to shoot in you. Broken animations when you are in razorwing. At this point, Titania can summon archwing weapons when in razorwing. Sometimes I break razorwing and fly with regular weapons, although I don't know exactly how it happens. (And when that happens, I feel like razorwing gets a lot more efficient than when using Dex Pixia) Djinn revives every time I exit razorwing and the timer doesn't affect that. As already mentioned, the companions die permanently if Titania dies at razorwing. All deployable weapons, like the Zenistar, lose their mods when you're in razorwing.

I'm sure I didn't mention everything, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

4 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Moreover, invulnerable to the abilities of the enemies require that you leave the archwing mode.

Can you clarify this a bit more?

4 minutes ago, zhellon said:

In fact, you don't need companions physically. I talked more about making their effects work on razorwing.

I get what you mean, but I don't know if they can implement it like this. It would sure be nice though.

5 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Because you're not using her powers like you're supposed to.

Weird statement to make, as if you know how I play her. I frequently use all her abilities, including her 1, 2 and sometimes 3 and still don't run out of energy. If you start spamming abilities, yeah you will run out, but so will (almost) any frame.

I didn't know these bugs. I'm still not sure about the enemies sometimes not being affected by lantern though. It seems that sometimes enemies just need some time to react and I am not sure if this is intentional or not.

26 минут назад, Koekiewollie сказал:
Weird statement to make, as if you know how I play her. I frequently use all her abilities, including her 1, 2 and sometimes 3 and still don't run out of energy. If you start spamming abilities, yeah you will run out, but so will (almost) any frame.

Sorry, I misspelled it. I think many think, that Titania-this above all razorwing, and already then other ability to. If we compare this to the other ability of another frame, which costs 100 energy and is not streaming, then for 4 orbs of energy Titania gets razorwing for 35 seconds, which is pretty not bad. But the problem comes when you get powerful tools. For example, if you got zenuric, then in order for your ultimate to be infinite you need your ultimate to work for 20 seconds. (100 energy). However, Titania cannot take advantage of this. Yes, there are arcanes that help, but they don't make razorwing infinite, because unlike zenuric, the player can't control the orbs drop list with Titania.

There are times when you will simply be left without energy. They are small, but they are. 

Another point, the fact that you save energy blocks the use of your other abilities. And I'm not saying you have to have powerful things like Dex Pixia all the time. But archwing mod-it's more like a unique mechanics. Look at Wukong now. For 25 energy it gets a powerful companion that is subjected to flexible settings. Have Titania for 25 energy you will additional costs energy, a powerful weapons and many restrictions. And razorwing has no synergy with your abilities, it can even interfere with their effectiveness. It's a little bit not what I expect from a unique mechanic, because right now it's not a mechanic, it's a temporary power tool. And I really want Titania to get rework and archwing mode as a mechanic.

33 минуты назад, Koekiewollie сказал:

Can you clarify this a bit more?

Спойлер

1 hour ago, Koekiewollie said:

Moreover, invulnerable to the abilities of the enemies require that you leave the archwing mode.

Ah, so you mean you can't hit those drones while in archwing 🙂 I think I only played arbitrations once with her, now I remember. Yeah, they need to fix that for sure!

34 minutes ago, zhellon said:

If we compare this to the other ability of another frame, which costs 100 energy and is not streaming, then for 4 orbs of energy Titania gets razorwing for 35 seconds, which is pretty not bad.

With max efficiency, energy drain will be 1.25 per second. 100 divided by 1.25 is 80 seconds of flight time. So I guess that depends on what power efficiency you use.

Edit: ok if you take cost for casting into account, its 75 divided by 1.25, which is still 60 seconds.

Edited by Koekiewollie

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

For example, that Latern not can keep enemies in constant control from-for what they can to shoot in you.

We can go further:

• Cilent Titanias can't detonate their Lanterns properly; their victims while they can shoot and kill them while "floating", fellow teammates will find the Lantern still active until the full duration of the ability ends. This can lead to stalling of Defense missions.
  • I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, but subsequential Lanterns casted will have a much smaller range to cast the Lantern onto someone. This may lead you to repeatedly cast the ability button on someone even if the crossfire is relatively near the target.
  • Finally, Garuda's Blood Altar victim won't get targeted by allies anymore (Companions, Operatives, Specters). Why not apply that to Lantern as well? Most of the pinballing comes from your AI allies more than yourself or your team. Still, a tether that most of everyone suggested is fine as well.

Titania Deluxe is coming with the mentioned changes (damage reduction on Thorns is great, all but Razorwing casting animation no longer interrupts movement), but I'm still keeping an eye on the casting speed animations and making Tribute's buffs scale with mods. The latter if it doesn't happen makes no sense since Octavia exists and serves as some sort of apology to how bad Titania's buffs are.

regarding my commento about how Titania needs love from DE, i.e. an actual rework and not a series of quick "fixes", check my post at page 2 of this thread, I believe there I disassembled all the problems her kit has and the unfair amount of baffling limitations someone at DE slapped on her Razorwing form (no switching to operator, no picking ayatams orreviving allies, no access to alarm panels or elevator panels and so on, while all other channelled exalted modes don't have these problems, nor skywing)

As an avid Titania player I'm getting tired of the lack of DE response, that every time they do get about on doing something is just an "aftertought" like the Nix dev workshop (with fixes that were due from day 1 of her release!) or the announced changes (still stuff that we asked from day 2, check the forums if the archives go back that far).

Titania's tribute activation is uselessly convoluted with the need to manually pick up a"trigger token" generated by the actual cast before getting any tangible benefit beside a pittance of damage on the targeted enemy.

Spellbind and lantern are functionally the same power with the addition of a swarm of rabid razorflies hacking the target and those that (hopefully) come near

Lack of control and ability to respawn razorflies on demand so, no stealth and forced to leave razorwing to respawn your "meatshields" and both activation and deactivation of Razorwing leaves you vulnerable animation locked for a pair of seconds.

All the limitations on razorwing interactions I've already mentioned...

it's a lot of stuff that DE still has shown no intention of addressing and the changes I proposed are much less than total kit reworks like Wukong, Saryn Nezha or what thei're planning for Ember and Vauban were they coded/will code completely new powers!

This is the reason I'm disappointed, besides the massive delay for Titania's skin, it feels we'll get again a "spit and polish" treatment on our bloodthirsty fairy, while most people compares her unfavorably with Wasp from the Avengers franchise...

12 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

making Tribute's buffs scale with mods. The latter if it doesn't happen makes no sense since Octavia exists and serves as some sort of apology to how bad Titania's buffs are.

This is one of the biggest issues for tribute, I can run at peaks of 242% power strenght and all I get is a marginal increase in DPS and a boost on flight speed from Razorwing Blitz!

3/4 of Titania's kit don't scale with modding - partly a blessing because I permanently slot narrowminded for acceptable flight and buff durations and if even the meager range of tribute got reduced...

13 минут назад, Duality52 сказал:

We can go further:

On this I said that I haven't listed all the bugs.

4 минуты назад, Ikusias сказал:

This is the reason I'm disappointed, besides the massive delay for Titania's skin, it feels we'll get again a "spit and polish" treatment on our bloodthirsty fairy, while most people compares her unfavorably with Wasp from the Avengers franchise...

It's a Celtic fairy. Using animals and plants as devices is what Celtic fairies do.

15 минут назад, Ikusias сказал:

3/4 of Titania's kit don't scale with modding - partly a blessing because I permanently slot narrowminded for acceptable flight and buff durations and if even the meager range of tribute got reduced...

The problem here is that we need strength. That's another plus to moving the Dex Pixia and Divata to a separate button.

Edited by zhellon

Titania's shrinking and expanding could have a huge tatctical utility, the animation lock instead negates that, forcing you to a standstill while completely vulnerable.

from a marketing standpoint if the immediate comparison is a world famous franchise, people WILL have expectations when reading Titania's power description - even if her theme is different.

While the transformation animation is much of a"now I'll wreck you and your ancestors" moment, in a horde shooter like Warframe it's an excellent chance to get downed.

Also a recurrent problem that often is forgotten is that Titania's razorwing form hit and collision box is quite a lot bigger than expected as if DE repurpuosed the one used for sentinels for the role, I've lost count of the instances were instead of going underneath a door with visually enough space iI got instead a facerplanted Titania...

18 часов назад, Ikusias сказал:

Also a recurrent problem that often is forgotten is that Titania's razorwing form hit and collision box is quite a lot bigger than expected as if DE repurpuosed the one used for sentinels for the role, I've lost count of the instances were instead of going underneath a door with visually enough space iI got instead a facerplanted Titania...

This is the problem of archwing mode. They have to fix it everywhere, not just for Titania.

4 минуты назад, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul сказал:

So unnecessary though.

Well, I don't care. This limits DPS to only one build. For a standard build, I don't have enough rate of fire to fire the entire magazine in a second. If they remove the store, fine. If they make energy consumption like Ivara's bow, it will be even better.

Am 9.9.2019 um 22:39 schrieb GunRaptor9000:

The way I see it, Titania is the ultimate fire support drone of death.

Ironically, Warframes are already unmanned, so....she's literally a UCAV.

All of her support abilities are more or less unnecessary and wasted....and go mostly unused.

She's in the game to be the Tenno answer to the need for close air support, able to get a lot of firepower aimed at unexpected angles toward otherwise unreachable enemies.

If I were to change her kit, I'd make the Dex Pixia able to switch into different fire modes (guns, missiles, bombs, etc), and give her damage buffs that she doesn't have to contact certain enemies to give....she's a fairy, make her buffs based on fairy dust that she sprinkles down to allies as she buffs herself.

This is awesome

On 2019-10-08 at 10:28 AM, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

I would still like to ask why dex pixia has an ammo cap?

No other exalted weapon has this.... 

Does it really matter?  It reloads so quickly it's pretty negligible.  DO Short-controlled-bursts and you'll never run out.  That's the best feature in my opinion.  🙂

2 минуты назад, Krenlik сказал:
Does it really matter? It reloads so quickly it's pretty negligible. DO Short-controlled-bursts and you'll never run out. That's the best feature in my opinion.

🙂

This limits the DPS. People want a minigun. 

• Like 1