The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MORE CEPHALONS!

(XBOX)KawaiiAsa

(this idea is mainly for the upcoming Empyrean)

wouldn't it be cool if there were multiple Cephalon's available for your ship and Railjack (when it comes out). I've just thought of some things that I think would be cool.

SHIP
Ordis - loveable ordis, you all know him. no explanation needed
Cephalon Cy - the newest cephalon to be introduced in Empyrean. no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point kinda cephalon. may have lines like "operator, I fail to see the value of that childish design". As someone with a no-nonsense attitude, I imagine that he would call colouring your warframe stupid and childish
Cephalon Jordas - Jordas Precept's cephalon, turned mad by the infestation and copied onto many ship systems, he may have spread to your ship too, but just cannot do anything. may have lines like "operator, that warframe looks very prett -OUR NEWEST VESSEL IS READY-". He would try to be helpful but would have moments where the infestation takes over to give some sweet and scary lines
Syndicate Cephalons - for 130,000 standing you could buy a cephalon based on the 6 main syndicates and Simaris as well. these would all be pretty obvious with no real need for an example. just normal lines with a hint of the syndicates theme mixed in.

Spoiler

Ordis (Vitruvian) - anyone who has played The Sacrifice would know that pretty early on, you mix Ordis with the Vitruvian, so why not have this cephalon(?) as a reward for the quest. would have lines like "Star Child, the item you built is now ready" or "Star Child, your warframe is a perfect match to you". would refer to the tenno as Star Child rather than Operator, like in the quest

RAILJACK
Cephalon Cy - talked about him before, base cephalon for the Railjack
Ordis - in the tennocon presentation, Ordis was seen as the base cephalon for the Railjack, meaning that they HAD lines for him, why not add Ordis back as a cephalon

NEW CEPHALONS
Cephalon Animus - would be a corpus-based cephalon with a focus on profit and net-gain of money, would have lines like "Operator, should I sell some of your mods? we could make a profit from them" (Would be available for both the Ship and Railjack)
Cephalon Sora - (no, not THAT Sora). a pretty laid back cephalon with no real worries and has a pretty fun side to them as-well. would have lines like "Operators, entering warp speed. put your hands in the air for some extra fun after buckling in!" (Would only be for Railjack)
Cephalon Nano - a small cephalon with an innate ability for multi-tasking. has a disliking of the Tenno but helps them to try and become more well-known as a cephalon. would have lines like "that warframe looks awfu- it looks great! (silently) tenno have bad hearing, right?" (would only be for the Ship)

any Ship cephalons would be 75 plat to get (ship version of Cy, Jordas, Nano and of Animus) whereas Railjack cephalons would be 150 plat each (since they would be much more useful than Ship ones and more people can hear them. these cephalons include the ship versions of Ordis, Animus and Sora). Note that buying Animus in the Ship Cephalon menu would only get him for your ship and not Railjack (or you could spend 200 plat for both at the same time), may change this at some point!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

Players: More cephalons in ship pls!

DE: oh ok! More cephalons fragments hidden in the vast space it will be!

I wouldn't mind even if it takes ages ( or forever ) tho. I love exploration and finding secret stuff. :)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

-snip-

I love the idea. +1

Edited by Aeon94

Yes ind3ed, i need someone that speaks english in an extremely proper way, like someone of royalty would

Then i need one with a voice that gives you chills! Its not scary, not angry, just chilling. Idk how else to desccribe it. Just a voice that sounds like the person doesnt care 

Then i need one that thinks theyre a badaz, cracking jokes

Just, yes

1 hour ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Yes ind3ed, i need someone that speaks english in an extremely proper way, like someone of royalty would

Then i need one with a voice that gives you chills! Its not scary, not angry, just chilling. Idk how else to desccribe it. Just a voice that sounds like the person doesnt care 

Then i need one that thinks theyre a badaz, cracking jokes

Just, yes

its surprisingly hard to come up with new cephalon ideas and put a name on them. which is why there were only 3 new ones here. i will update it if i think of any new ones though! and i'll try and think about the 3 idea's that you have. from what you've said, it seems to be a prim-and-proper cephalon, a nihilist cephalon and a cephalon that is the equivalent of a dad who thinks their awful jokes are good.

i'll at least do your first need.
INTRODUCING CEPHALON REGNA - a cephalon who believes they are of royalty. speaking in queen's english and believing that the tenno is doing everything for them and no-one else. sometimes even calling the tenno their subject or servant. has lines like. "servant, the Grineers are arming in preparation to stop my rule, attack them!" or "Servant, I approve of the colours on your weaponry. please let the system know of my ruling authority!"

2 hours ago, theRCB said:

Excuse me, but uhhh... what bout them cephalons from the conclaives? Please and thanks, they should be a dual package though, and just argue with each other.

I know that they exist, but I just feel that, out of all the conclave cephalons, Cephalon Sark has the most to go off of (seeing as he is both in conclave and index) but even then there isn't much to go off of, besides profit, profit and unknown love of tenno on his team. he could have some good lines but I feel that that Conclave Cephalons are too much of a mixed bag with very little to work an entire set of voice lines for. this is especially true when you consider that they were made for conclave and nothing else (except Index in sark's case). They don't know how to handle ships, when compared to Ordis, Cy and Jordas, they know nothing about ships and how to function them. In terms of lore, all they know is "get held by tenno and placed on point, therefore happy" and "tenno use guns and shoot eachother". we don't even know if they are even connected to the Cephalon Network. if they had more regular appearances and more concrete personalities or were shown piloting or even in a ship at literally any point in the game, I'd have put them in. but as they are now, there is very little chance for them (except for maybe Sark. I have some bias towards Sark if you couldn't tell).

what i wish is that, when you start the game, fresh, new, that there would be 2 main story quests that introduce you to lotus, and ordis.

right now, you are just tossed onto a ship, and heres, lotus and ordis. but introductory quests would be alot more helpful

and it would help to add dynamic dialogue, based on a lot more things, from the transmissions from both. on missions you do, your new weapons and stuff

12 hours ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

I know that they exist, but I just feel that, out of all the conclave cephalons, Cephalon Sark has the most to go off of (seeing as he is both in conclave and index) but even then there isn't much to go off of, besides profit, profit and unknown love of tenno on his team. he could have some good lines but I feel that that Conclave Cephalons are too much of a mixed bag with very little to work an entire set of voice lines for. this is especially true when you consider that they were made for conclave and nothing else (except Index in sark's case). They don't know how to handle ships, when compared to Ordis, Cy and Jordas, they know nothing about ships and how to function them. In terms of lore, all they know is "get held by tenno and placed on point, therefore happy" and "tenno use guns and shoot eachother". we don't even know if they are even connected to the Cephalon Network. if they had more regular appearances and more concrete personalities or were shown piloting or even in a ship at literally any point in the game, I'd have put them in. but as they are now, there is very little chance for them (except for maybe Sark. I have some bias towards Sark if you couldn't tell).

Thats exactly why I suggested that they be a package deal and argue with eachother. They would never agree on what to do with the ship and ultimately end with the choice being yours. It would be hillarious.

9 hours ago, theRCB said:

Thats exactly why I suggested that they be a package deal and argue with eachother. They would never agree on what to do with the ship and ultimately end with the choice being yours. It would be hillarious.

yes... until you realise that there are 3 cephalons in conclave. Cephalon Apnar, Cephalon Sark and Cephalon Vull. meaning that one of them would be left alone (don't you dare do this to my boy Sark) meaning that it would have to be a triple pack. and there is nothing that tells us that the trio of conclave cephalons actually dislike eachother (i haven't played that much conclave, so correct me on that if i'm wrong), and anything they say against eachother might just be to try and encourage the tenno to do stuff. this would work but its either a triple pack of them, or a dual-pack and one is abandoned, or they are all separate. also... the fact that only Sark has been seen with a visual representation means that this would be much harder to make than a normal cephalon

Edited by (XB1)Kawaii Asa

Honestly there is not enough data for me to have any opinion on Cy so far. I wonder if Ordis and Cy will have some kind of funny interactions when entering Railjack for the first time. 

You better treat my operator well!!!

About premium cephalons, Darvo could sell them, he has line about this.

2 minutes ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Honestly there is not enough data for me to have any opinion on Cy so far. I wonder if Ordis and Cy will have some kind of funny interactions when entering Railjack for the first time. 

You better treat my operator well!!!

About premium cephalons, Darvo could sell them, he has line about this.

i know about Darvo mentioning cephalons, but in my opinion i think it would be neater if they were buyable in a potentially new Corpus openworld area, considering it is believed that the corpus make cephalons, that or at the new openworld area they are making (I'm not saying it as i'd probably spell it wrong), seeing as it is very orokin themed and they made the first cephalons, and could make them
As for Cy, he probably won't have any interactions with Ordis, seeing as the Railjack can only be accessed from area's outside of Ordis's control, plus from what we've been shown about Cy, he seems to be the kind of person that would ignore characters like Ordis (probably as he'd consider them annoying or not related to the mission). yet I like the upside-down triangle design that they have.

On 2019-09-19 at 10:53 AM, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

yes... until you realise that there are 3 cephalons in conclave. Cephalon Apnar, Cephalon Sark and Cephalon Vull. meaning that one of them would be left alone (don't you dare do this to my boy Sark) meaning that it would have to be a triple pack. and there is nothing that tells us that the trio of conclave cephalons actually dislike eachother (i haven't played that much conclave, so correct me on that if i'm wrong), and anything they say against eachother might just be to try and encourage the tenno to do stuff. this would work but its either a triple pack of them, or a dual-pack and one is abandoned, or they are all separate. also... the fact that only Sark has been seen with a visual representation means that this would be much harder to make than a normal cephalon

I dunno sounds like ur just making excuses for them to not included in ur idea, and besides who says they cant just swap one out with the other? Idk I figured it made sense since they are from conclaives that they should argue. 

On 2019-09-21 at 9:37 AM, theRCB said:

I dunno sounds like ur just making excuses for them to not included in ur idea, and besides who says they cant just swap one out with the other? Idk I figured it made sense since they are from conclaives that they should argue. 

it's not that i'm trying to not include them... i'm just stating facts. I do like them as cephalons and characters. I was just pointing a couple things out