Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitus essence barely drops anymore.

J0hnwick3d

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

10 Waves Defense, 10 Minutes Survival, 2 Rounds Interception, etc

It got changed to be standard lengths (5 mins, 5 waves, 1 round etc). So, we should be getting more.

1 hour ago, J0hnwick3d said:

I have noticed there has been severe decrease in vitus essence drop rates for the past few days. Has anyone noticed this decrease or is it just me?

Drops from the drones or the round rewards? I haven't noticed any decrease at all.

I ran an infested salvage for 4 rounds and only got 2 drone drops.  I just finished 5 rounds of interception.  1524 kills with a seemingly representative amount of shield drones.  I got 5 essence as a reward, but there were ZERO drone drops.  ZERO.  Not a single drone dropped essence the entire match.  

Okay, this is an edit.  I deleted a lot of griping above.  I've cooled off a little and started collecting data below.  I'll need a LOT more, but it does seem like the survival is a much better mission than the other modes.  I don't think the drop rate has been changed based on my last two runs of survival.  But I do think the drop rate needs to be different across the different modes.  Defense is less, but still worth playing.  Salvage is woeful, and interception is worthless.   As other said below, the survival just has so many more drones than the other modes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri 09/27: 0.67 Essence/Round,  21.4 Essence/Hour, 8.57k kuva/Hour          Infested Interception on Eris/Xini:  6 rounds, 4 drops.  28min, 1128 kills

Fri 09/27 1.40 Essence/5Rounds, 26.7 Essence/Hour, 10.67k kuva/Hour        Infested Defense on Eris/?: 5 rounds, 7 drops. 27m, 1385 kills

Sat 09/28 Survival Infestation - Lost stats due to dog crapping on the floor, but it felt like a decent run about about an hour.

Sat 09/28 Survival Infestation, 2.67 Essence/Round, 44 Essence/Hour, 17.6k kuva/Hour     Infested Survival on Mercury?, 9 rounds, 24 drops, 45 minutes, 2799 kills

Edited by beaker_redux

my guess: stealth nerf because they just wanted to nerf arbitrations excavations rewards and wanted to get ppl playing other arbitration modes
but since they dont like the backlash from the majority they sneaked it in this way, so only the smaller portion of players would actually notice it and complain about it, which they can straight out ignore

for now, lets just assume its a bug.

Edited by BlackVortex

I am finding it inconsistent with drone drops. 
Did a couple defense missions recently. The tile for Sangeru on Sedna seems to give a good amount of vitus from drones. 
There is another tile on the other hand (looks like Xini interception) where after 25 waves I got 4 from the drones at end of run. Not sure if this was nerfed or always been inconsistent since the update. I have played both tiles twice and had extremely varying results (very good luck/RNG on the Sedna tile and very poor drops on the Xini-looking tile). 
Not sure what or why this is happening, would be great to hear if others are noticing any patterns from their time playing.  

2 hours ago, MetalGrayFox said:

I am finding it inconsistent with drone drops. 
Did a couple defense missions recently. The tile for Sangeru on Sedna seems to give a good amount of vitus from drones. 
There is another tile on the other hand (looks like Xini interception) where after 25 waves I got 4 from the drones at end of run. Not sure if this was nerfed or always been inconsistent since the update. I have played both tiles twice and had extremely varying results (very good luck/RNG on the Sedna tile and very poor drops on the Xini-looking tile). 
Not sure what or why this is happening, would be great to hear if others are noticing any patterns from their time playing.  

Since the Emissary Final patch dropped, my vitus drops from drones have drastically been reduced from about 1 drop per 4-5 minutes to 1 drop per 15-20 minutes on average
feels like a stealth nerf like the Toroid disaster (DE probably noticed people started doing Arbitration like crazy and were getting every single purchase item from the shop within one day)

• 1 month later...