Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teammates who Bail the mission at the last second. (Continue Timer)

(PSN)PanserKunst

I would like to propose a possible solution to the thankfully rare, but aggravating player trolls who bail a mission at the last second to make another player's life difficult. Modes: Defense, Interception etc.

Suggestion: If players elect to leave with less than 3 seconds left on the timer after they exit, provide a non-penalty exit under the pause menu.

Thank you.

Guess you're talking about the continue screen. Where sometimes a player sits neutral till the last second and picks leave. As much as that sucks, most of the time this is only an issue when there is only one person carrying. Dropping from 4 to 3 does not hurt spawns nearly as much as getting host migration and ending up in your own mission. (Looking at you ESO). Even it its a relic mission, 3 relics still have good odds.

Regardless, based on how host migration works this opens up 3 host migrations in a row from people leaving with no penalty and a defense target blown up for the last person before having a chance to save it. This doesn't seem like the best solution. If it's truly an issue, a second confirmation window should appear stating someone has left. Give a second chance to leave without host migrating the last person to hell. Keep in mind each host migration has a chance to kick, drop, or corrupt loot / xp. Seen it all happen.

Edited by Zelmen

Sometimes one be eating cereals and not see it .until the last second, and may need/want to leave. Not everything is about evil, even if it does exist. Most of the time when these kind of cases come up something may be done about it like you suggest, sure. But most of the time it's up to the affected player to take precautions if he does not want certain things to happen in regards to PUG's and overall human behaviour by others, like recruit.

Usually I make a final decision on the 6 second mark, in case the team is swapping sides randomly. This is specially true on fissures, where I will 99% pf the time leave when the first member goes, since I prefer to have a 4-player squad there because of the rewards. 

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Sometimes one be eating cereals and not see it .until the last second, and may need/want to leave. Not everything is about evil, even if it does exist. Most of the time when these kind of cases come up something may be done about it like you suggest, sure. But most of the time it's up to the affected player to take precautions if he does not want certain things to happen in regards to PUG's and overall human behaviour by others, like recruit.

Usually I make a final decision on the 6 second mark, in case the team is swapping sides randomly. This is specially true on fissures, where I will 99% pf the time leave when the first member goes, since I prefer to have a 4-player squad there because of the rewards. 

Honestly it should just get simplified where a player just chooses a side and after 3 seconds they extract regardless of what other players are positioned at. If they do not pick a side in 5 or so seconds it could just lock to extract, they could easily add more bells and whistles to get people attention but i find the toggle and frustration of being on the continue screen and someone could change at the last second like a troll is a long-time annoyance.

One of the reasons i can enjoy endless type missions like survival is because people have to physically run to the location which lets you confirm if they are extracting. The other solution i would say is just have every single endless mission follow the same design with an extraction point a person has to sit at to extract. Cut the timer to 20 seconds if it is still lengthy if it has to be done, very least there is no excuse for them to NOT REMOVE the result screen bit and just have a new view progress UI which shows WHAT you got in each of those rotations then having to wait till you actually extract to double check what you got, since the pop up reward rotation wants to ONCE AGAIN, bug out and not display the loot you got, but other players did not run into that bug at all, while having it if someone wants to leave early they can just run back to the entrance of hydron and sit at the extraction point while everyone else is able to keep going on the endless mission with ZERO pause present, quite literally warframe`s version of a pause screen which if you played early monster hunter games, you know map changing pause screens are a frustrating element that kills the pacing of gameplay.

Plus it could double as an excuse for them needing to redesign the fissure relic selecting UI, that way it could be separated from the per rotation bit and not being linked to other players so say a person who is very active could open 3 relics within 10 waves because they were actively hunting reactants, while another person who is more casual would be only opening one every 10 waves since they are not killing enemies that much or picking up reactants. Basically further pushing to get people to be active and REWARDING them with better loot in general (not better loot ODDs, actual loot!), instead of them busy eating cereal or something.

Edited by Avienas

Yesterday:

Defense Mission: Belenus (Farming for P1 Axi Relic: Chain for Ninkondi prime.)

At the 15 Round exit choice 2 people bail at the very last moment. (undoubtedly coordinated.) Leaving me and some other player who goes operator Invisible and  AFK's for the next 5 rounds, leaving me to do everything alone. I managed to pull through. Point is, if people want to behave like this, I want an "out". 

Just get ride of that interrupting stuff entirely and let player leave whenever they want at the extreaction point (like in survival missions). For endless relic runs the timer should start after everyone has picked there option anyway.

Also I wish the host migration would do it´s thing in the background during the extraction timer not suddenly at the end of it.

Edited by Arcira

Topic should be renamed, "DE, fix the stupid extraction and trolling nonsense that has existed for over half a decade so players can actually enjoy their missions, get their rewards, and not get completely f***ed over by constant buggy host migrations that have always had horrible issues associated with."

I guess the existing title will have to do...

Sometimes you found that some friends exits at the last second and leave you alone into the 20 round of a defense. And you know you are f***ed.

It would be better and easier if the minimum timer when somebody swap sides, its like 5 seconds. Then, if you swap when the timer is at 5sec or less, the timer resets to 5 again.

10 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

Sometimes you found that some friends exits at the last second and leave you alone into the 20 round of a defense. And you know you are f***ed.

It would be better and easier if the minimum timer when somebody swap sides, its like 5 seconds. Then, if you swap when the timer is at 5sec or less, the timer resets to 5 again.

So I can sit there and just spam swap for an hour to hold 3 other people hostage in a mission that isn't going to progress? Hell ya! That's using the old noodle.

hace 1 hora, FrostDragoon dijo:

So I can sit there and just spam swap for an hour to hold 3 other people hostage in a mission that isn't going to progress? Hell ya! That's using the old noodle.

Do you know that if everybody selects the same option the timer stops?

If some troll starts to doing that, everybody just press Leave and thats all.