Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty disappointed in how you choose to let us earn relics.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Relic Drop rate kind of plays into what I have to say but mostly it does not.  (If I want primes I get them simple as that).  

Warframe has gone through ALOT of changes in the few years I have been playing.  There are alot of different areas you can spend time and get rewards.  When it comes to new relics and placing them for people to get im kinda disappointed though.   

I love relics in Cetus/Fortuna bounties. Those are so easy to farm(maybe not so much for lower levels who have to do Tier 4-5 bounties.   But being able to get multiple relics at a time is awesome   The only bad part is Lith relics are extremely hard to get because you only get 3 objectives to run and the reward pool is mostly filled with garbage so you have extremely low odds at actually getting a relic.  (now that you have multiple open world spots you should spread the relics between them.  Also the relics available at once place should not be mirrored at the other so if they dont have the right relic your just screwed for 2 and half hours)

Sanctuary is a crap game mode.. need meta frames and people to make it work,  host migrations can make you lose everything.  But hey it is something different.  But since it got dropped nothing has changed in it except in the elite rewards.   But you guys have not used this place as an exclusive relic farm yet.  Some of the new Atlas/Tekko/Deth Cube relics are in sactuary right now.... but it would be alot cooler if sanctuary was THE spot to get them...  (I have not tried to get relics from here because of the stuff I pointed out earlier but I want to try eventually.  I have khora, i do the NW challenges all the time,  Im not elite but I can handle this place well enough)

Disruptions took some getting used to(and a lockdown arcane) but I really love this mission type now.  Especially to farm relics.  Now this mode is a bit glitchy right now causing host/client issues ike simple objectives not updating but much more critical a total loss of round rewards.   But still like Sanctuary is this mode going to instantly get ignored.  The new atlas relics should have totally went into disruptions.   Mars-Olympus would have been perfect, maybe jupiter-ganymaede? for neo/axi.     Mars-Olympus is great for meso relics,  it only gives 2 lith relics before kicking it up to meso.   It would be super nice to have a low level disruption that just grants endless lith relics...     But I would have loved to have seen all the new relics get put into a single disruption node.

Star Chart.  I understand this one might be tricky seeing as the star chart nodes gradually ramp up in difficulty and were not meant to cater to low and high level players at the same time.  I know you guys use The Void as an exclusive relic dump site for new relics.   But how about showing some love to the rest of the star chart???   Pick some other planets to be the exclusive dump site for new relics.   You guys redid all the tiles of gas city/jupiter and besides some captura, a new resource, and some new enemies.... you havent did jack there.......  You should have made Jupiter a relic dump site the last couple of times to force everyone to enjoy the new tiles!!  

Like I said I would just like different planets to be the exclusive spot to get relics.   But as a side note if you never take that advice.. The current Star Chart relic farm that you are using for Atlas+ is my most hated method.   Wasting so much time on a normal mission to get maybe a single shot at a relic and having to roll against so many other garbage rewards is torture.   20 mins for 1 shot at an Axi relic for example but instead you get a Vitality mod.   If you leave star chart farming as is can you atleast take out all the crap mods and other rewards and just have relics?   Or implement round reward CHOICES.  Like you get to rotation C and you get to PICK your reward instead of you being handed something you dont need.

----------

You change, add , remove all these games modes to keep people playing but you are not doing the same with relics distribution.  Besides the bounties when was the last time you tried a new method of relic delivery?? 

Now people will say I just want to easily get new primes and stuff.   All I will say to that is that with the "current game" it usually takes me just 1-2 days to get all the new primes.   This open star chart hunt method is very bad for me and takes me alot longer but thankfully I usually havent been interested in the rewards the last few times.   

My only intent for this post is just to say I would like to see new relics get dropped in different areas.   Spice up the game.   Having different planets be the exclusive spot and forcing everyone to run around on those tiles for 1-2 months sounds amazing.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

My only intent for this post is just to say I would like to see new relics get dropped in different areas.   Spice up the game.   Having different planets be the exclusive spot and forcing everyone to run around on those tiles for 1-2 months sounds amazing.   

People still spend 1-2 months getting primes?  If it takes more than a few days then people are farming incredibly inefficiently.

1 minute ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

No thats how long a relic cycle usually lasts.... 

But if a relic cycle isn't how long it takes to get the new primes and is instead determined by when new relic sets are added to the game, then it's 3 months is it not?

And so I don't properly derail, I would say the way relics are obtained through missions is fine currently.  You have the designated locations that don't interfere with new player experiences and you have multiple mission types and nodes to choose from if you're after particular relics.  At least I remember them being fine 3 years ago when I last bothered farming them from missions rather than just buying relic packs in bulk.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Disruptions took some getting used to(and a lockdown arcane) but I really love this mission type now.  Especially to farm relics.  Now this mode is a bit glitchy right now causing host/client issues ike simple objectives not updating but much more critical a total loss of round rewards.   But still like Sanctuary is this mode going to instantly get ignored.  The new atlas relics should have totally went into disruptions.   Mars-Olympus would have been perfect, maybe jupiter-ganymaede? for neo/axi.     Mars-Olympus is great for meso relics,  it only gives 2 lith relics before kicking it up to meso.   It would be super nice to have a low level disruption that just grants endless lith relics...     But I would have loved to have seen all the new relics get put into a single disruption node.

The new relics DID go to Disruption, though. All of the Disruption nodes can drop all of the Relics depending on rotation. I think my biggest problem right now is that the way Disruption is set up, I need to deliberately let conduits get destroyed if I want an A rotation, else I get only C. Unless I'm reading this wrong?

Honestly, I don't have too much of an issue with either gaining or opening relics. What annoys me is relic upgrading. If I'm after a gold or even silver item, I basically have to open all Radiant relics, meaning I have to stop all of the time and farm Void Traces not actually rolling on relics I care about. And sure, it means more Ducat garbage, but it's just annoying.

Sanctuary is a crap game mode.. need meta frames and people to make it work

You only need meta frames and groups if you really want to push beyond a single C rotation...and whats the point of doing that?  Its easier to just jump out after one rotation.

You pretty much run a single C rot, then dump out and try again.  And that can be easily done without any of the meta frames that people demand for such a mode.

but it would be alot cooler if sanctuary was THE spot to get them... 

But I would have loved to have seen all the new relics get put into a single disruption node.

be the exclusive dump site for new relics

You should have made Jupiter a relic dump site the last couple of times to force everyone to enjoy the new tiles!!  

Having different planets be the exclusive spot and forcing everyone to run around on those tiles for 1-2 months sounds amazing.   

Just going to address these points in bulk:
Why do you not like having choices and options in how you grind?

You seem to be utterly and completely against being able to choose where you would like to do your grinding.  Why?

You can't "force" people to enjoy a tileset...and forcing them to run a tileset is the surest way to get people to hate it.

Further what would be the point if people like me, who have everything done in the game, have to go back to earth and run (and ruin for new players) those planet nodes over and over and over and over and over and over again for a 5% chance at a new relic?  What's wrong with allowing us to instead go to Neptune or Uranus for those relics?

Beyond that I enjoy having multiple places to grind out stuff I need because it means I can aim for a secondary thing along with the main goal.  For example I need one of the new relics from disruption?  I could grind it on Mars if I need any mods those enemies drop or some resources, or I could jump to Lua for a different sets of mods and resources...and so on.
This is much better than telling a bunch of people "OH yeah, you are forced to do level 5 content for a chance at this mod!"

Having choices in grinding is a very nice feature in this game.  I can decide what faction I want to face and what resources I might need and go for that.

2 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

People still spend 1-2 months getting primes?  If it takes more than a few days then people are farming incredibly inefficiently.

I did the math, and you need about 15.5 hours on average to farm Atlas prime with the following assumptions:

1) You run the missions with highest probability of the relic to drop (12.5% us the highest, with the exception of one that had 14.89%) .

2) Average mission is about 5 mins (or 5 mins interval).

3) You need 4 relics for common, 5 for uncommon and 10 rare.

4) Excluding void traces farming if needed (which probably is, especially for the Axi, since it is only 2% chance from ESO).

Could it be done in a week, if you actively play the game every day, and do not do anything else but frame for Atlas prime? Yes. But do you really want to do only that? Probably not. So, a month is probably more likely for a highly active player. If you play less than few hours a week (which I assume the vast majority of players are), you need few months.

It's really funny, just because "Axi A6" (Atlas neuroptics) will drop with ~14% chance or something only on several missions (like rotation C of Berehinya or rotation C of Xini).
Want bounties on Earth/Venus? Nope. Want as drop from spider-boss? Nope too. Only boring as hell missions with ridicilous chance.
Last prime set can be obtained partially via bounties, but this - not. It's kinda not cool for me...

Edited by RastaManGames

1 hour ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I did the math, and you need about 15.5 hours on average to farm Atlas prime with the following assumptions:

1) You run the missions with highest probability of the relic to drop (12.5% us the highest, with the exception of one that had 14.89%) .

2) Average mission is about 5 mins (or 5 mins interval).

3) You need 4 relics for common, 5 for uncommon and 10 rare.

4) Excluding void traces farming if needed (which probably is, especially for the Axi, since it is only 2% chance from ESO).

Could it be done in a week, if you actively play the game every day, and do not do anything else but frame for Atlas prime? Yes. But do you really want to do only that? Probably not. So, a month is probably more likely for a highly active player. If you play less than few hours a week (which I assume the vast majority of players are), you need few months.

You're also assuming you don't have prior knowledge that a PA is on its way (which we do as it occurs every three months) and therefor don't make preparations.  As I alluded to with my last comment, I haven't entered a mission with the intent to farm relics in over three years since syndicate medallions can be stockpiled prior to PA releasing.  I can stock up more than enough medallions for each PA by logging in and running 20mins of missions every other day.  The traces sort of just happen on their own by helping others run relics with spares I have left over as well as getting ducats when Baro brings something worth buying (so every two months or so if we're being generous to the useless prick).  As a result I've gotten all the new prime items for the last 3 years worth of PAs within 12 hours of the update dropping, with an avg of 3 hours spent playing the game (updates for PA usually drop around 5am for me and I wake up around 12:30-2pm).  That three hours has included instances where I had to run 7+ radshares for singular parts. 

So I hold to my statement that if it takes you more than a few days after a PA release to actively (and with full focus) farm the items then it's being done in a very inefficient manner. 

*EDIT* I will also add that for the last 6 months it's been closer to 40mins a week getting the medallions since I haven't felt like playing much Warframe, yet the medallions I got 6-9 months ago were enough for that to not matter.  I also still have around 12 relic packs worth of medallions for AoH after I obtained Atlas, Dethcube and Tekko. 

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

7 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

You're also assuming you don't have prior knowledge that a PA is on its way (which we do as it occurs every three months) and therefor don't make preparations.  As I alluded to with my last comment, I haven't entered a mission with the intent to farm relics in over three years since syndicate medallions can be stockpiled prior to PA releasing.  I can stock up more than enough medallions for each PA by logging in and running 20mins of missions every other day.  The traces sort of just happen on their own by helping others run relics with spares I have left over as well as getting ducats when Baro brings something worth buying (so every two months or so if we're being generous to the useless prick).  As a result I've gotten all the new prime items for the last 3 years worth of PAs within 12 hours of the update dropping, with an avg of 3 hours spent playing the game (updates for PA usually drop around 5am for me and I wake up around 12:30-2pm).  That three hours has included instances where I had to run 7+ radshares for singular parts. 

So I hold to my statement that if it takes you more than a few days after a PA release to actively (and with full focus) farm the items then it's being done in a very inefficient manner. 

Well, you did the farming somewhere else. The point is, you do need 15-16 hours of farming, even if you did some of in advance. And honestly, I much rather farm relics organically doing challenging and fun content, not run extremely boring Syndicate missions to stack medallions. And the vast majority of players do not have the ability (either cuz they need the resources or do not 20 hours of game play a week) to stack such high amount of medallions pre-hand.

You could farm the relics in literally two days. But realistically speaking vast majority of players cannot (or will not, like in my case, cuz I hate running boring sub level 50 brain dead content) do that.

I still don't have Chroma Prime... still need his systems... but he's not a priority.

I generally miss at least one of the two unvaulted Primes when they come out. (and I haven't even tried for the vaulted weapons as a goal - they may happen as a side effect of opening the relics for frames...)

I guess I could run bounties for the Axi's, but I've mostly done Marduk runs, (and generally, I search out the caches too... so not a 5minute run, more like 11+minutes each,) and often I get Neo's rather than Axi's... which is my bottleneck for most of those frames.

I'm not an efficiency king... I play to enjoy the game, cracking open chests, opening lockers, searching for Ayatans, and mostly solo. I even solo'd the Teralyst finally, last week several times to finish up getting Architect since my friend has had a busy schedule that kept him off the game recently, and I was 8 shards away. It is by no means efficient to solo eidolons, but it got the job done, and was a personal challenge.

As for Syndicates and their relic packs, I usually save my medallions for when I need to buy syndicate mods for a new frame or for a friend (and I gift them to him, rather than make him pay plat.) I did spent about 200k syndicate rep on relic packs this time, that was just sitting around (not spending medallions) and only got like 4 Atlas relics... 1 axi and 3 lith. I'd rather farm them some other way.

However, in regard to the locations of Unvaultings and new Prime relic locations:
I would like to see them split between Cetus and Fortuna bounties (so one planet has the unvaulting, and the other has the new prime) as well as the Void, and I'd increase the number of locations that grant Axi relics to more of the Derelict, Eris, and Sedna nodes... including spy missions... reducing the selection of relics possible from each node, so more focused farming can be conducted - and I'd remove the Neo chance from Marduk Sabotage... that's like a slap in the face, when you can just do Ukko for Neo's.