Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

add bots to conclave

Sharkgoblin

i didn't had the luck to play the game when pvp was somewhat popular

i cant find players

when i do they are either clueless people who missclicked and leave immediately after 

or people who leave middle of match because they are not doing good

or that dude that plays pvp since forever and kills you the moment he sees you 

sometimes i play badly on purpose to keep the guy in the match so he doesnt go away

sometimes i hide somewhere because i dont want to deal with staticor/plasmor/venari and i move every 60 sec to not get kicked 

(or someone is too good for me so i just decide is not worth try to fight anymore but i want the standing anyway)

its more than 1 month im trying to get typhoon

im still tempest

add some bots to play with so i can max out the syndacate

make the bots go away if someoen joins

also by adding bots more people would be allured to play conclave because they can count on at least fighting bots to get conclave standings

• Like 7

Sadly It would become a PVE mode...I say this because I loved Strike Vector EX and they had bots for a strict PVP game...but, they also had cosmetics like a PVE..so players would just gang up on the bots and farm XP...

Any player who showed up on the other side was set on, they switched over..or if they put up too good of a fight the other players would quit out and restart elsewhere...

PVP in Warframe needs a alternative PVP that PVE player can play like a race..but that race needs some sort of threat of death pursuing them to keep it PVP...due to keeping it fair as a PVP farm and also keeping them from conga dancing off cliffs or farming bots...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Sadly It would become a PVE mode...I say this because I loved Strike Vector EX and they had bots for a strict PVP game...but, they also had cosmetics like a PVE..so players would just gang up on the bots and farm XP...

Any player who showed up on the other side was set on, they switched over..or if they put up too good of a fight the other players would quit out and restart elsewhere...

PVP in Warframe needs a alternative PVP that PVE player can play like a race..but that race needs some sort of threat of death pursuing them to keep it PVP...due to keeping it fair as a PVP farm and also keeping them from conga dancing off cliffs or farming bots...

counter strike global offensive is a strict pvp game....the game has bots...

unreal tournament is strictly pvp...it has bots

every pvp game out there has bots

index has bots as well...

today i had the incredible experience of dealing with an ignis w and an arca plasmor on the opposite team

i lost 1 then won 2 in a row against those  players but it was quite frustrating

and man the arca plasmor in team deathmatch is peak design, the clueless teammate that shoots you because hes rad procced, absolutely great experience i do reccomend

the ignis wraith with bright blue colors blinding me any time he shoot, which is all the time because its an ignis its another exciting and refreshing experience, i wish conclave team would experience that, they would love it

give me bots please 

Edited by Sharkgoblin

6 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Players don't play Warframe for PvP though. What's wrong with putting hard difficulty Junction specter AI into a PvP arena? Conclave is already dead.

37 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Don't worry, no one has.

Bots would be a nice addition imo, but I suspect avid PvP players would be against it due to it being too like PvE.

you add bots so you can get some standings, when someone join one of the bots go away, since the standign can be earned only with game set in public you cant even make a custom lobby with only bots coz you would earn nothing

btw do you want to do lunaro challenges this time its like 10k easy standigns

we do challenges then we play normally and then its done in less than 10 mins

Edited by Sharkgoblin

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

but I suspect avid PvP players would be against it due to it being too like PvE

I say screw them (I still can’t believe DE catered to that twitter post made by that salty conclave elitist about universal medallions). That mode is on the brink of death and adding bots to it might save it because it gives basic training for new players and make them think  “Now that I understand how this gamemode works maybe I can try do a match with other players”. 

3 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Players don't play Warframe for PvP though. What's wrong with putting hard difficulty Junction specter AI into a PvP arena? Conclave is already dead.

What wrong with a race where a giant Indiana Jones boulder tries to run you over while you and the other players are trying get to the end as I suggested for an alternative? Rather than adding bots to be farmed in normal PVP so PVE players circumvent the work PVP players went through against each other...

The first choice is far more fun and doesn't negate the Conclave player's time and efforts like how Raid arcanes were transferred to Eidolons so the Trials community could at least root for Harry to kill himself some low level players trying for that Arcane Energize....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

11 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

counter strike global offensive is a strict pvp game....the game has bots...

unreal tournament is strictly pvp...it has bots

every pvp game out there has bots

index has bots as well...

today i had the incredible experience of dealing with an ignis w and an arca plasmor on the opposite team

i lost 1 then won 2 in a row against those  players but it was quite frustrating

and man the arca plasmor in team deathmatch is peak design, the clueless teammate that shoots you because hes rad procced, absolutely great experience i do reccomend

the ignis wraith with bright blue colors blinding me any time he shoot, which is all the time because its an ignis its another exciting and refreshing experience, i wish conclave team would experience that, they would love it

give me bots please 

In a game where rewards are locked behind PvP content I don’t find it easy to say that because csgo has bots this game should. Csgo dosent have a tier system based on PvP and hands out rewards per teir

to my knowledge unreal dosent do it

as well as many other games. 

Also name an rpg that has bots in PvP where you can kill and farm standing for a group to get PvP exclusive rewards?

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

In a game where rewards are locked behind PvP content I don’t find it easy to say that because csgo has bots this game should. Csgo dosent have a tier system based on PvP and hands out rewards per teir

to my knowledge unreal dosent do it

as well as many other games. 

Also name an rpg that has bots in PvP where you can kill and farm standing for a group to get PvP exclusive rewards?

good morning

its not easy to find players

having to rely on other people to get my standing its annoying

jb6QRVb.png

see for k drive i didn't have to rely on others to do my grind

for conclave i managed to reach typhoon but it took a lot of time

i believe having bots would be good for conclave, would make people be interested in playing maybe? 

i already said that but: in case you dont know you can only gain standing with game set to public so you cant really abuse bots 

friends only, clan only, alliance only doesnt make you gain standings

only public matchmaking makes you gain standings

you make me load in and play with bots then if someone shows up good if no one shows up at least i can grind anyways

let me finish my grind godamit

2 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

good morning

its not easy to find players

having to rely on other people to get my standing its annoying

jb6QRVb.png

see for k drive i didn't have to rely on others to do my grind

for conclave i managed to reach typhoon but it took a lot of time

i believe having bots would be good for conclave, would make people be interested in playing maybe? 

i already said that but: in case you dont know you can only gain standing with game set to public so you cant really abuse bots 

friends only, clan only, alliance only doesnt make you gain standings

only public matchmaking makes you gain standings

you make me load in and play with bots then if someone shows up good if no one shows up at least i can grind anyways

let me finish my grind godamit

K-drives aren’t PvP however

Then people can abuse bots and farm standing with no true difficulty people would just leave lobbies if people join to gain standing.

id say add bots but don’t allow PvP standing to be earned.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

K-drives aren’t PvP however

Then people can abuse bots and farm standing with no true difficulty people would just leave lobbies if people join to gain standing.

id say add bots but don’t allow PvP standing to be earned.

what about very strong bots

unreal tournaments bots (i played 2004 and ut3)  and counter strike source bots on high difficulty were no joke 

5 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

what about very strong bots

unreal tournaments bots (i played 2004 and ut3)  and counter strike source bots on high difficulty were no joke 

Still not player engagement brother. PvP is player vs player. And given they can’t properly code strong AI in real missions I doubt they can make hard ai bots

42 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Still not player engagement brother. PvP is player vs player. And given they can’t properly code strong AI in real missions I doubt they can make hard ai bots

DE worked on unreal, unreal tournament ut2003 and ut2004...

I think the bad ai of enemies and index bots its intentional

6 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

There's no valid defense for making pvp players feel valued or welcome. The items should all be added to existing syndicate inventories and pvp should be officially closed. It won't be missed. 

Then can I remove half the colors packs  because they are useless to me? They won’t be missed

• Like 1

On 2019-10-16 at 11:09 PM, Im_a_Turtle said:

Conclave could be revived if there was something drew people in. Bots could be a good start since it would make it easier to farm standing, attracting players who care about the standing, which in turn would attract more players who enjoy hunting other players.

Only way it could be even more fool proof is if there was more awesome things that you can get with your conclave points, making the hassle of hunting bots more worth it, making the crowd for pvp more stable.

On 2019-10-18 at 3:22 AM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

There's no valid defense for making pvp players feel valued or welcome. The items should all be added to existing syndicate inventories and pvp should be officially closed. It won't be missed. 

I get it there are players here who only care about PvE, but the Conclave exists because people like that are not the majority. Most players at least likes PvP enough to give it a try, problem is that since most rewards worth anything are PvE exclusive, everyone is forced to farm PvE content, leaving little to none of their play time left to do PvP.

• Like 1

None of this address the core issue of pvp in warfame - IT IS A DIFFERENT GAME

1.) Different in game physics (much slower movement and jump speed)

2. Different mods that required different polarities which in turn REQUIRES MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME DAM WEAPON and wasted time forma

3. Different skills - your favorite frame may have much different skill interactions with other tenno

4. No operator

5. No arcanes

6. The weapons are different as well

All of this for balance and while DE may have been successful, it is boring.  

I actually enjoyed playing the old pvp on rail system.  Broken powerful abilities but it was fun and didn't require a while new load out to play.  Just hop in with whatever you were wearing and fight.  

The Tenno were so powerful, everyone could get a kill.  It was fun, what we have now is way more balanced, but it is not fun.  It's crap that should just be removed.  

Give us old pvp in this system / rewards and I guarantee servers will have players.  Oh, the old system also had bots (i.e. specters that were built in dojo).  

Old Warframe pvp >>> the piece of crap balanced turd we have now

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

None of this address the core issue of pvp in warfame - IT IS A DIFFERENT GAME

1.) Different in game physics (much slower movement and jump speed)

2. Different mods that required different polarities which in turn REQUIRES MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME DAM WEAPON and wasted time forma

3. Different skills - your favorite frame may have much different skill interactions with other tenno

4. No operator

5. No arcanes

6. The weapons are different as well

All of this for balance and while DE may have been successful, it is boring.  

I actually enjoyed playing the old pvp on rail system.  Broken powerful abilities but it was fun and didn't require a while new load out to play.  Just hop in with whatever you were wearing and fight.  

The Tenno were so powerful, everyone could get a kill.  It was fun, what we have now is way more balanced, but it is not fun.  It's crap that should just be removed.  

Give us old pvp in this system / rewards and I guarantee servers will have players.  Oh, the old system also had bots (i.e. specters that were built in dojo).  

Old Warframe pvp >>> the piece of crap balanced turd we have now

Old PvP was ran by clans and large alliances I’d take balance anydayz

• Like 2

@sweatshawp

So you prefer a mostly dead, splintered community than a live one within big groups?

The thing about balancing, it can be ok for those who only want to play in a specific, boxy way, but it literally removes the fun for those who like to experiment and go crazy. 

Either way, I think that it’s stupid that not only are the mods conclave exclusive, but the skins and weapons there are also exclusively tied to this minigame, when it takes a lot of your time and effort to gain them in the first place.

On 2019-10-16 at 9:19 AM, Sharkgoblin said:

add some bots to play

A. No, then it's just Index.
B. Why not ask DE to actually work on Conclave instead of forsaking it, since if they got it right it would be an endless amount of content for players to do.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Old PvP was ran by clans and large alliances I’d take balance anydayz

If you were just jumping in a game, it didn't matter large alliances ran it and you would never notice.  I'm a ghost clan with no hope to compete for a rail but they were competing for credits anyway so I could care less. 

It was fun, easy to play, and it was the exact same game, Warframe.  The servers were always full and I'll say it again, there was bots.

I don't know what game pvp is, but it certainly is not Warframe.  By itself, in the pvp genra maybe it would be successful.  But as it is now, it plays totally different for all the reasons you ignored above.  

Current pvp crap and should be scrapped.  No matter how much time they invest for balance, it just brings you further and further away from the pve game we all love.

Old pvp filled a niche and was significantly more fun because it was Warframe.  

7 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

If you were just jumping in a game, it didn't matter large alliances ran it and you would never notice.  I'm a ghost clan with no hope to compete for a rail but they were competing for credits anyway so I could care less. 

It was fun, easy to play, and it was the exact same game, Warframe.  The servers were always full and I'll say it again, there was bots.

I don't know what game pvp is, but it certainly is not Warframe.  By itself, in the pvp genra maybe it would be successful.  But as it is now, it plays totally different for all the reasons you ignored above.  

Current pvp crap and should be scrapped.  No matter how much time they invest for balance, it just brings you further and further away from the pve game we all love.

Old pvp filled a niche and was significantly more fun because it was Warframe.  

Old PvP was a mess for competitive reasons as mentioned and you described as above. The same reasons you loved it were the same reasons it was hated..... by a larger majority of those who play conclave. PvP almost always tied in with someone being competitive and seeking to be the best and in terms of rails. You stood no chance if you weren’t in the dominant alliances or clans. As they held a monopoly in that gamemode. Current PvP isn’t okay. BUT it’s not horrible it’s balanced and everyone has a chance to be good if you invest the time to train your skill for said gamemode. With rails. It was about cheese and numbers. No real skill was involved. And with PvP nobody likes all of that. player vs player should be rewarded with skill. Not how many players are in ur clan and how much you can cheese it fairness ov nicheness. Now I do agree PvP needs a rework but again bots aren’t the answer and as someone who was in a pretty op clan back in solar rail days.... we hated it. It was boring and while we did have perks to it nobody CARED about rails other then to keep the node because we just wanted our benefits it’s no want to be good rather then just “we just want the benefits-rewards” something that plagues warframe to this day. Also may I mention people would just farm bots and not actually PvP if bots were added