Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is not great.

(NSW)TheFrontz

Nightwave doesn't bother me one way or another gameplay wise, some decent rewards, some tedium, kind of down the middle.  Overall I think it's slightly better than alerts (and the Nora theme certainly adds to it for me) but still think Warframe would be better with both.

Have to admit though, and maybe I can't really justify this, but when it was announced I was expecting some lore-stuffed-narrative-tour-de-force of the Warframe universe, with branching comic strip story panels adjusting to how missions were carried out or ranks attained.  I like Nora and the cut scenes are great, but they're so spaced out and drip fed and getting them has nothing to do with progress.  Again though, think I misread the hypes and inflated it in my mind.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

But that implies that it is rewarding and worth going through the tedious chore.

Not really, I just want those Umbra Formas for completionist's sake, I have no use for them yet... waiting for Sentients to actually appear to decide how to use them. So it is actually doing tedious chores for a shallow "reward".  The cosmetics (like the Operator suit from last season) could be considered something rewarding... but meh, not enough for doing something as dull as Nightwave. The lore that was in Nightwave was good enough though, but I feel like they should've been quest lines instead of this aberration. 

Edited by BLI7Z

I like Nightwave as it gives some challenges and replaces alerts in some respect. And some of the main rewards are useful.

But I do find the cred rewards a bit lack lustre apart from Kuva and Nitain.

Remember that really it's just a space filler between content patches and updates and just something to keep you busy.

If you want to do it : brilliant.

If you don't want to do it: brilliant.

Just play it your way.

Have fun people. 😁💖

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

Not really, I just want those Umbra Formas for completionist's sake, I have no use for them yet... waiting for Sentients to actually appear to decide how to use them. So it is actually doing tedious chores for a shallow "reward".  The cosmetics (like the Operator suit from last season) could be considered something rewarding... but meh, not enough for doing something as dull as Nightwave. The lore that was in Nightwave was good enough though, but I feel like they should've been quest lines instead of this aberration. 

Ok so you don't want the rewards and you find it boring. You have no reason to actively engage with Nightwave and are not forced to. So why does it bother you? You could almost completely ignore Nightwave and tne game would be barely different than before.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Ok so you don't want the rewards and you find it boring. You have no reason to actively engage with Nightwave and are not forced to. So why does it bother you? You could almost completely ignore Nightwave and tne game would be barely different than before.

Because I like the lore they present in it, and I like some of the cosmetics, and also will find a use for Umbra Formas in the future. I just would want them to put the lore and cosmetics in quests or real events, and the Umbra Formas in something like Arbitrations so I can completely avoid Nightwave. I feel like Nightwave is mostly a mechanism to just make players aware of many things that are available to do ingame. I feel that it is a cheap tactic, adding the need to replay stuff already done countless times, to get those few specific things that are worth. Also, the actual inmtermission is a joke... almost completely worthless for someone who did all of them, with copies of cosmetics that make a waste of that specific tier of Nightwave reward. 

I always feel like forumites underestimate the value nightwave has for people trying to play the game for free but dont have the vast stocks of stuff to sell as more experienced people.

Of course this is me just assuming this but I believe that for people not wanting to spend money on the game this intermission has a lot of value: Warframe slot, weapon slots, catalyst, reactor on top of the nightcred store. For a free to play game giving these things out by just playing is significant.
Of course catalysts and reactors dont only come from nightwave but as someone who pretty much no-lived warframe for a year and a half after starting, catalyst and reactor random alerts (not invasions or Gift of the Lotus alerts) were exceedingly rare. You barely got any from them. And now you can get them guaranteed.

You also dont need to drop everything for that one nitain alert that just showed up on your phone anymore. For example this week's challenges I completed in one roughly hour. That's way less time investment than having to check alerts every hour.

Of course there are still things that could improve:

• The ayatan weekly still incentivises people to not spend their ayatans if they dont have a giant stock of them. It should be reduced to one imo.
  • Returning rank up rewards should have some other reward tied to them so they arent dead drops for people who already have them. Something like a relic pack, a nitain or ~20 night creds would make them feel a lot less useless imo.
  • The recovered acts not showing up correctly needs to get fixed and they need to not block you from further recovering if they are no longer completeable in the current week. For example a recovered "help clem" weekly should only show a up at the very end of the recovered acts if the current weeklies already had that mission.
  • Kavat genetic codes should be added to the nightcred store as they were a possible although very rare alert reward.
Edited by Drachnyn