Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orvius special "suspend" throw not working in Update 26

ClaptoVaughn

According to the patch notes, to activate the Orvius's special suspend throw, you have to press Block+Alt Fire. However that doesn't work. It just activates a normal throw and that bounces around. I've tried it in Simulacrum as well as in-mission, and I can't get it to work. 

I haven't changed my keybinds or mouse button configuration from default.

And while we're on the topic, even if this did work, it would be incredibly clunky. Especially when we're dual wielding pistol + glaive. According to the patch notes, we would have to hold F to switch to "true melee" mode, and THEN hold block and alt-fire/heavy attack to activate the Orvius's suspend throw. That is not only ruins the flow of combat to the point where using the Orvius's special ability in a fast paced game like this pointless, but it goes against the convenience that duel wielding pistol+glaive used to offer. 

So please, can we have another solution for the Orvius's special throw that works within dual wielding pistol and glaive without having to switch to dedicated melee?

• Like 4

I think I managed to get it to trigger once or twice, but I couldn't tell you how.  Blocking wasn't involved for at least one of them, I'm pretty sure.

I appreciate the ability to easily do normal glaive throws with the Orvius that bounce around and all, but its special throw is just plain broken right now, and even if it worked as stated it would be a terrible, clunky, inconvenient, flow-breaking way to handle it.

• Like 1

susspend is broken, and 3 of my loadouts are built upon it and dual weilding. 

when i heard dual weilding was coming out i spent tons of plat on rivens and primes of single guns, now they are making the pros of dual weilding weaker by making it easy to just pull out your full stance anyways. im not saying its a bad change. its really cool and nice. but i want dual weilding to be worth using. and above all have amalgam organ shatter do something with the dang throw.

• Like 2

Somewhat, they managed to make the Orvius's ability more inconsistent than before. Those who also used the Falcor also noticed its lack of homing.

One of the few things I love about the Orvius is how it's the only weapon in the game to straight up bypass defensive bubbles, such as Nullifier or Arctic Eximi bubbles. I do hope they return and/or fix those special Glaive throws while Dual-Wielding or vice-versa.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-15 at 8:01 PM, Ichsuisme said:

Has DE mentioned anything in regards to these changes? Is this a bug? Or is this intended, is the suspension mechanic not supposed to trigger while dual wielding a secondary anymore?

I'm 80% sure DE doesn't use glaives enough to notice what we've lost.

• 2 weeks later...