Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich system is extremely anti-newbie

Hattori-Prime

I am getting a bit tired with all the complains about the lich system.
Yes it's not flawless. But it isn't that terrible as some make it to be.
The whole my lich stole stuff. Oh come on he barely takes anything. 
I mean do a mission again and you "farmed" the same stuff that was taken the previous mission.
And in the end you will get it all back too.
So for me that's not realy a reason to complain.

Even if you accedentialty killed a larvling as a "new player" and got a lich.
Its only 1 planet out of dozen that is affected.
How often are you realy gonna on that planet? are you only playing the same planet over and over?
Only if you haven't completed that planet yet would be my guess.

But there is one thing that I agree uppon though.
It is indeed easy to accedentilly kill a larvling.
I mean it's a reaction.
You see a mob, you shoot a mob. It say's press X you press X.
Ain't nobody got time to read everything that is going on on the screen since its a fast passed gameplay thingy.

So my suggestion is.
We have to sellect if we want to farm murmurs to do the kuva lich controlled enemy.
Why not have a mission allert just for kuva larvlings?
That way you have to actualy choose if you want to do it. or ignore it if you don't want to have a lich.

And lastly somewhat off topic:
It's a shame that the stalker is already a enemy in this game.
Cause I want to call my kuva lich my personal stalker.

On 2019-11-02 at 10:53 AM, 98Octane said:

stalker can be killed by team mates, lich cant be  and stalker doesnt steal your stuff, which is the problem not that oh ' the lich pummeled me '

I thought that they changed that in the most recent version where you down him 3 times to get him to leave but I have not seen a lich in a normal mission despite a few transitions mocking my team mates 

On 2019-11-03 at 12:15 AM, DingBawls said:

uddenly I find myself in the position of having to avoid 20+ grineer missions so I dont accidently kill a larvae which will start me on a path I dont want and certainly will never be able to complete. Again, I am experienced enough in the game to know how to avoid becoming involved whereas a newbie player may not realise the consequences.

didn't they change it so that you needed to mercy them to get a lich and it also works like the Juggernaut when the lights flicker kill more or less depending on if you want one, that or playing in squads seems to pervent them from spawning and only if you host will you be able to get one form my understanding of the patch notes.  

On 2019-11-03 at 1:22 AM, SayikVindal said:

20+ missions is too low. 40+ missions make more sense.

the problem is Sedna is 30-35 and I the fortress is the same but at level 40, also outside of the first few days how do you accidentally get one they changed the spawning so that it almost never spans in squads and you now have to mercy the larvaling to get a lich.  as for the ease of access I have no clue how low MR players get them out side of the first few days, any one smart would first get the new mods and related resoces before starting the new content where we were told that they would steal some of our resorces, also they have limited reach, the only places where you can lose your resources is where the lich has influence kuva missions change on the hour and all floods and siphons are now in part of the alerts tab.  

as for the trace farm that is still a problem and needs more fixes or a way to just farm traces  (like 100 or so an hour or add 20-50 to the void capture missions)

11 minutes ago, FurianStorm said:

I mean it's a reaction.
Ain't nobody got time to read everything that is going on on the screen since its a fast passed gameplay thingy.

then pay attention to updates and the deve streams out side of that I have never seen one spawn despite leveling, formaing and doing other missions in zones where they spaw because if you are in a squad they are very unlikely to spawn and they use the same spawning mechanic as juggernauts.  I am staring to see that this system is more of a tax on the uninformed and the inattentive than on newer players

The kuva lich system is the worst new content I’ve ever seen in warframe, I’ve played for 4 and a half years, any new players who are worried about it simply shouldn’t. Shame on Rebecca and Steve for showing off a better version at tennocon then leaving us with yet another rehash of the star chart with random death progression system. This is abysmal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

then pay attention to updates and the deve streams out side of that I have never seen one spawn despite leveling, formaing and doing other missions in zones where they spaw because if you are in a squad they are very unlikely to spawn and they use the same spawning mechanic as juggernauts.  I am staring to see that this system is more of a tax on the uninformed and the inattentive than on newer players

I Iam rarely at home when the dev stream are online.
I am usualy at work at that time. Or I get the mail notification from twitch too late.
Also as a mechanic of getting updates to look on the forum or watch dev streams is imo stupid.
I watch dev streams (or recaps) because I love this game and want to know more about it.
I do research about the stuff that I don't know about.
But that's just me.
I am sure there are a bunch of players who don't want to that.

Oh and I don't personaly have and issue with the lich system.
My comment was more as an: In General I can see that it could indeed fairly easy killed by mistake.

1 minute ago, FurianStorm said:

I Iam rarely at home when the dev stream are online.
I am usualy at work at that time. Or I get the mail notification from twitch too late.
Also as a mechanic of getting updates to look on the forum or watch dev streams is imo stupid.
I watch dev streams (or recaps) because I love this game and want to know more about it.
I do research about the stuff that I don't know about.
But that's just me.
I am sure there are a bunch of players who don't want to that.

Oh and I don't personaly have and issue with the lich system.
My comment was more as an: In General I can see that it could indeed fairly easy killed by mistake.

I find the mistake unlikely becasue with out trying to avoid them I have despie doing all the stuff to rank weapons, nightwave, and build a rail jack granted I have not played that much recently.  also my reply was still in the more general sense I don't see how it could be an accident especially with most people ranking stuff in ESO over sedan and helen.  

19 hours ago, FurianStorm said:

I am getting a bit tired with all the complains about the lich system.
Yes it's not flawless. But it isn't that terrible as some make it to be.
The whole my lich stole stuff. Oh come on he barely takes anything. 
I mean do a mission again and you "farmed" the same stuff that was taken the previous mission.
And in the end you will get it all back too.
So for me that's not realy a reason to complain.

Even if you accedentialty killed a larvling as a "new player" and got a lich.
Its only 1 planet out of dozen that is affected.
How often are you realy gonna on that planet? are you only playing the same planet over and over?
Only if you haven't completed that planet yet would be my guess.

I mean it's a reaction.

So my suggestion is.
We have to sellect if we want to farm murmurs to do the kuva lich controlled enemy.
Why not have a mission allert just for kuva larvlings?
That way you have to actualy choose if you want to do it. or ignore it if you don't want to have a lich.

And lastly somewhat off topic:
It's a shame that the stalker is already a enemy in this game.
Cause I want to call my kuva lich my personal stalker.

First, I don't want to fight the stupid lich. 

Second, it's not just one planet. He spreads out to the other planets.

Third, I'm not good enough of a player to beat him.

I have a 90 day affinity, 90 day credit and 30 day resource booster. So if I don't kill him, because I can't, he skims a little off the top OF EVERYTHING. I JUST THREW MY MONEY AWAY! Fair, NO. Not only does he take credits and resources that I have been grinding my butt off for, Resources I need, Resources that are rare.

19 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I find the mistake unlikely becasue with out trying to avoid them I have despie doing all the stuff to rank weapons, nightwave, and build a rail jack granted I have not played that much recently.  also my reply was still in the more general sense I don't see how it could be an accident especially with most people ranking stuff in ESO over sedan and helen.  

He also takes mods. Mods that I need. Mods that are valuable. And let's not forget about Endo.

Players have a RIGHT to be upset about this. Not only is this a distraction but it's annoying. He pops up often and rubs it in your face. And at the end of every mission it shoves it in your face again by how much he's taken.

I didn't kill him on purpose. It was in the heat of battle. I was playing solo. I don't want him in my game, never did. I tried to kill him once. He killed me and leveled up. Now he's going to be harder to kill. Besides, if you don't have the correct order and think you killed him, You didn't actually kill him and he's going to level up.

NOW, he's messed up my ENTIRE game!!

You have a choice at every node he's taken. 1) do the mission and fight to find and kill him. 2) do the regular mission. Either way you're taxed!

Whoever thought this up didn't think this through. What happened in the boiler room??? There needs to be an "Opt out."  And I'm not talking about quitting the game. I still have a lot of plat and a lot of time and money invested.

I've been playing this game for years. First on the PC then the PS4 and now the Xbox one. I started over each time. That's how much I loved this game. I've invested a lot of money into the game to show my support for it as I wanted it to grow. At this point I'd really like my money back. Refund please. I know, Not gonna happen. Just my two cents.

19 hours ago, (PS4)griddler420 said:

The kuva lich system is the worst new content I’ve ever seen in warframe, I’ve played for 4 and a half years, any new players who are worried about it simply shouldn’t. Shame on Rebecca and Steve for showing off a better version at tennocon then leaving us with yet another rehash of the star chart with random death progression system. This is abysmal.

Amen

1 hour ago, (XB1)CrayCraySkipper said:

I have a 90 day affinity, 90 day credit and 30 day resource booster. So if I don't kill him, because I can't, he skims a little off the top OF EVERYTHING. I JUST THREW MY MONEY AWAY! Fair, NO. Not only does he take credits and resources that I have been grinding my butt off for, Resources I need, Resources that are rare.

He also takes mods. Mods that I need. Mods that are valuable. And let's not forget about Endo.

Players have a RIGHT to be upset about this. Not only is this a distraction but it's annoying. He pops up often and rubs it in your face. And at the end of every mission it shoves it in your face again by how much he's taken.

I didn't kill him on purpose. It was in the heat of battle. I was playing solo. I don't want him in my game, never did. I tried to kill him once. He killed me and leveled up. Now he's going to be harder to kill. Besides, if you don't have the correct order and think you killed him, You didn't actually kill him and he's going to level up.

NOW, he's messed up my ENTIRE game!!

You have a choice at every node he's taken. 1) do the mission and fight to find and kill him. 2) do the regular mission. Either way you're taxed!

Whoever thought this up didn't think this through. What happened in the boiler room??? There needs to be an "Opt out."  And I'm not talking about quitting the game. I still have a lot of plat and a lot of time and money invested.

I've been playing this game for years. First on the PC then the PS4 and now the Xbox one. I started over each time. That's how much I loved this game. I've invested a lot of money into the game to show my support for it as I wanted it to grow. At this point I'd really like my money back. Refund please. I know, Not gonna happen. Just my two cents.

Well you're in luck in an upcoming patch you'll be able to get rid of your lich for free once per week using the iron wake. My comment was to not understanding how you accidentally got a lich. Without trying to avoid a said Lich I have yet to see a larva-ling spawn as far as other than lich mechanics themselves I have no experience with them because of the aforementioned reason. Outside of the first week when people complained about accidentally getting glitches they changed Lich mechanics so that it was harder to acquire one. I don't see what the complaining about resource at position has anything to do with my comment. I in the go to section was only talking about it being unlikely to accidentally acquire one outside of the first week during the PC release. I can understand that the Bush tax is frustrating especially if he is covered your entire star chart as you claim. I do not know if that isn't intended mechanic or something cause things to go slightly awry. As far as killing him I hope you have a good crit weapon he is status immune so something like shattering strike valkyr would probably be the best way to get rid of him outside of you know having the correct Requiem mods. From what I understand of the mechanics if you can manage to deal with the thrall missions he loses influence on that node that might allow you to clear out a few knows where you can get proper resources from. Also I don't know if he can control the derelicts or the void those would be other places where you can get some important mods and resources if you still need those. Other than that of course there is still trade with players to get the mods you need to get rid of your litch

I really wasn't trying to dis what you said. It's just how it worked out. I'm an ok player but my thumbs are going to do whatever they want. Tremors. This Lich thing is very disheartening. I was on every day. Almost all day from noon to midnight. I've a PC account as well as a PS4 account. I've really enjoyed this game. It really good to hear that they will give you an option to get out from under his thumb. Stupid Lich. I was in the heat of battle when I made a mistake. Hopefully it'll never happen again. 

But yes, this morning he had total control of Jupiter, Ceres and Mars making his way around. I believe I saw red on most of the planets.

I'm not going to fight him. I'll just get crushed again. I feel like I wasted my money on the boosters. I'll never be able to recover what he's taken. It's not just credits. It's everything. Mods, Endo and resources aren't safe. Tellerium which is hard to come by isn't safe.

BTW, gaming was recommended by my doctors. My fingers and hands will lock up if I don't keep them moving. It's also good for my motor and mental state. Being disabled can be very depressing. It's not "Oh boo hoo, woe is me". I'm not looking for empathy not sympathy, just understanding.

On 2019-12-09 at 6:56 PM, (XB1)CrayCraySkipper said:

1st. That is why I said that I could see people accedentily get a lich

2nd He only spreads out if you stab him with the wrong parazon mod.
Wich ties in with your 3rd point. If you are not good enough to beat him how come he spreads to other planets?
He only does that after he gets stabbed with the wrong mod.

It might look like he takes a lot of recources and mods. but its not so much each time.
If you realy have trouble killing your lich go in with a group.
Even if you are a solo player just go in a group this time until your lich is gone.

4 hours ago, FurianStorm said:

1st. That is why I said that I could see people accedentily get a lich

2nd He only spreads out if you stab him with the wrong parazon mod.
Wich ties in with your 3rd point. If you are not good enough to beat him how come he spreads to other planets?
He only does that after he gets stabbed with the wrong mod.

It might look like he takes a lot of recources and mods. but its not so much each time.
If you realy have trouble killing your lich go in with a group.
Even if you are a solo player just go in a group this time until your lich is gone.

Not a debate with you really. However, a little off the top on every place he has control of amounts to a great deal if you play as much as I do.

It's a long story about going into missions with a group. It was fun when it was with friends and family. They grew tired of Warframe and have no intention of coming back. I am not a great player. I'm just ok. I'm definitely slower than most. Playing with randoms is ok on some boards. Planning isn't possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Not sure about anti newbie. It is definitely anti fun 😑

The mechanics are barely explained in-game, there is no tutorial lich, and players have no way to reset/remove the lich if they mess up. It's 100% anti-newbie because the lich levels are fixed and they will auto-level up even if you don't kill them.

The lich system could have been amazing. It should have been tied to syndicates with bounties. Each syndicate could have a limited weapon pool with overlap so your odds are like 1 in 3 or 4 instead of 1 in 13.

DE could have added special bounties as rewards that contain seasonal liches and weapons. I mean the lich system could have been something that was fully integrated into the game instead of something that we know will be neglected over time. But that's the DE way, right? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

The mechanics are barely explained in-game, there is no tutorial lich, and players have no way to reset/remove the lich if they mess up. It's 100% anti-newbie because the lich levels are fixed and they will auto-level up even if you don't kill them.

The lich system could have been amazing. It should have been tied to syndicates with bounties. Each syndicate could have a limited weapon pool with overlap so your odds are like 1 in 3 or 4 instead of 1 in 13.

DE could have added special bounties as rewards that contain seasonal liches and weapons. I mean the lich system could have been something that was fully integrated into the game instead of something that we know will be neglected over time. But that's the DE way, right? 

I agree with you. I have been playing WF for ~7 month now. And from all the things I have experienced in the game so far, liches have been the worst. 

It will probably get updates, since they already mentioned corpus will probably have something similar and maybe infested in the future.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

The mechanics are barely explained in-game, there is no tutorial lich,

I do not know why DE did not make some informative quest to do the first lich. It would have helped if there was more in game information on the consequence of using a mercy kill on a larva and what was needed to kill a lich. I hope if DE adds more to this system they put more in game and stop using the wiki for everything.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I agree with you. I have been playing WF for ~7 month now. And from all the things I have experienced in the game so far, liches have been the worst. 

It will probably get updates, since they already mentioned corpus will probably have something similar and maybe infested in the future.

I hope you are wrong because 13 weapons requiring 5 forma each to master (65 total) is a terrible thing to replicate.

On 2019-12-08 at 10:20 PM, spirit_of_76 said:

either I have extremely good luck or you are making it harder than it is because I have one of each of the requiem mods and I was not using rad shares or trying particularly hard heck most of the time I don't do any thing with kuva I have not spawned a lich yet because I was waiting to get the needed mods to do that.  and this was will me playing once or twice a week since the update.  

also it is not suposed to be newb friendly it is part of the end game if you did not rush to the end there would not be a problem.  

Mod combo, not mod as a mod. It's annoying as hell, and tbh, counter intuitive when it comes into Warframe playstyle. It's another layer of grind just to grind, without real award.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my lich before you had to parazon kill the larva. 

Now I'm just going to not bother trying to fight it because if I fail, itll just make things worse for me... I don't know why doing a level 20 mission saddles you with a level 60-120 enemy

• 4 weeks later...

thank you for this stupid system, i'm MR8, not a single prime, and i killed this larvling because well, it's an enemy and nobody told me what would happen, now, I, who is struggling with level 40 enemies, have a #*!%ing lich that keeps stealing me, and i didn't even start to farm kuva missions because i was not aiming for that at this moment, i was planning to get some prime weapons but NO, now i have to farm those stupid mods, in those missions with a 30% chance because i can't do flood BECAUSE THEY ARE LEVEL 80-100. What's wrong with de? i'm not a veteran and i'm not at endgame, why am i supposed to be forced to farm those stupid requiem mods? can i message their support to just remove that lich out of my game? i don't even want its rewards, just out of my game

Edited by NoFace851
grammar
  • Like 1