Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich system is extremely anti-newbie

Hattori-Prime

The kuva larving can be found in any regular level 20+ Grineer mission in the Origin System. The only requirement is you need to have completed The War Within. And boy, The War Within, similar to most story quests in this game, can be done at a very early mr and are relative easy. You can do TWW as soon as rank 5 which is the reason why there are a lot of low mr players in sortie. I dont know if DE play their own game or not but you can do every single story quests in this game and still dont know most of the mechanics. Warframe is that complicated. These guys, these newbies, simply have no mean or understanding of the game to combat the kuva lich and it will only get worse from there.

The idea that Kuva Lich will steal your resources, rewards, drops is simply GARBAGE in the firt place. People grinding for stuff and you just it away from them just like that? And the only way to take them back is to grind to kill the Kuva Lich even if you dont want anything to do with it? For oldies like me, I have S#&$load of resources and all mods I need. Hell, I no longer do "regular missions" anymore unless for Nightwave. But for newbies, anything counts and it's S#&$ty to take away the loots from them. Back then, when I was new, I got a Gorgon bp drop and I was so happy I asked everyone in my clan how strong is it. I was that innocent. It was 4 days ago I learned that you can press X to land on the floating drones in Gas City. And I was mr20 when I realized that I can re-do the Silver Grove to farm the mods.

And if you tell me they only have to stay away from kuva larving. Sorry but that wont work. These newbies who are still learning the game will be more likely to accidently kill the kuva larving even if you tell them not to. In the next few weeks, when the hotness of Kuva Lich died down, there will be a lot of newbies who recently join Warframe accidently meet the kuva larving, dont know what the hell it is, decide to kill it because it has a weird icon, only to realize they have just signed themselves into one hell of a grind that they are FAR from being prepared for and if they DONT take the grind, their gaming progession will most likely be S#&$ty with loots being stolen, lich appeared out of nowhere and kill them, bla bla bla.

The last thing this game needs is a big ass creepy grineer killing newbies Bane style. We need better newbie experience, not make it worse for them. At least add more requirement for Kuva larving to spawn, like "clear all map nodes" or "did at least 10 sorties".

• Like 7

You need to complete the war within quest to have access to the lich system, so anyone doing it isn't new. Not sure how fast someone can get to it though if they had someone taxi them through the whole game, which isn't a good thing to do.

• Like 2

The process of killing a Lich is not newbie friendly and it doesn't appear this system intends to cater to newer players. 

Newbies will get wrecked since their gear isn't up to standard for Lich killing, they probably won't survive in those nodes to begin with 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zebiko said:

You need to complete the war within quest to have access to the lich system, so anyone doing it isn't new. Not sure how fast someone can get to it though if they had someone taxi them through the whole game, which isn't a good thing to do.

Do you even read? You can do it fast now. Very fast. 

1 minute ago, mrbubblepants said:

its supposed to be anti newbi though. Yes a newbi can end up in a misson where 1 spawns and get wrecked, but that happens with stalker aswell. By the time u can even spawn a lich you have spent a few days/weeks/months learning how to play.

Yeah no. Stalker is still killable, requires effort, but still. Liches are not, they require stupid "relic mods" combo which is either bought or obtained by excessive farming. This is counter intuitive and not player friendly.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Omega said:

The process of killing a Lich is not newbie friendly and it doesn't appear this system intends to cater to newer players. 

Newbies will get wrecked since their gear isn't up to standard for Lich killing, they probably won't survive in those nodes to begin with 

Lol, Stalker doesnt take your resources. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xyhon said:

Do you even read? You can do it fast now. Very fast.

If you do it very fast it shows u know what ur doing. A pure newbie who doesnt know what he is doing probably wont reach TWW that fast. Those who did probably already had read multiple guides and will be prepared enough.

• Like 1

The answer is simple people EA has placed all the items you need to kill a lich in the cash shop! Just go and buy them for real money and the problem is solved!

Edited by Fl_3
Did I say EA? I meant DE.
  • Like 1

The war within unlocks sorties wich are "end game activity" while I understand what quest it self can be complited rather very early in terms of player progresion wich like mr5 , I totaly disagree with what lich should be made new player friendly mostly because its end game content ment for veterans and not for new players .

I do however think were should be a way to get your stolen goods wiht out need of killing or converting lich.

• Like 3

And if they rush to TWW... that means they are willing to run with the big kids now. 

And being a big kid brings great responsibility, you did nearly tooppled a hierarchy from a dictatorial matriarchy after all. Not all should be sunshines and kuva from there on out.

If you rush to the deserts, missing the main course, of course you wont be full enough for the ride. (Just got grendel the hard way, now those missions are anti noob friendly)

Edited by Nezha_Rose
  • Like 1

You're at the end of the star chart. You did Lua and ambulas and have all the previous rewards. If someone taxied you through without being geared well. A, That's dumb. And B, sure. There will be a duck out mechanic soon. 

You will be able to donate your lich to your clan if you don't want that one. It will likely cost a fee, and I imagine it won't come tell Empyrean likely. But that's one way unprepared noobs could run away.

You can create a Lich in any level 20+ mission. Yet, to be able to get rid of the Lich, you have to be able to consistently complete level 70~80 missions with extra strong enemies. And even if you can take on those missions, just the sheer amount of time, and luck, it can take to get rid of a Lich is ridiculous. So it is entirely possible to be stuck with the constant resource drain they incur for quite a while, whether you like it or not.

This whole thing is both anti-newbie, and anti-casual. And that might be fine, if it was not so easy to accidentally get stuck with one. But as it is, I think this could very easily end up driving away all but the most dedicated, long time players, and slowly kill the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teljaxx said:

This whole thing is both anti-newbie, and anti-casual. And that might be fine, if it was not so easy to accidentally get stuck with one. But as it is, I think this could very easily end up driving away all but the most dedicated, long time players, and slowly kill the game.

Wow that escalated quickly to "it'll end the world" lol get real man, Warframe has survived every content release. No, the game will not die cause its actually still a good game at the core and DE changes direction relatively fast. There are still sooooo many long time players still in the game, its fine mate, the sky aint falling.

It shouldn't have to be said--and has repeatedly--but more emphasis is apparently needed. 

The kuva lichs aren't meant to be confronted by new players. 

As for casuals, well, that definition is...plastic, lets say, and you'll simply have to confront them casually. This will probably mean it'll take some time (horrors!) and you won't have every possible kuva weapon yesterday (the humanity!). 

Oh well.

Not everything in the game is meant to be done in fifteen minutes or less or for players with only a few hours in the game. 

• Like 3

Is this the "using newbie card" to hide one's intention?

Being honest, at TWW you would have understood all the basics such as

- Damage

- Elemental weakness and resistance

- Critical

- Status

Really, it's not that complicated or too hard to whip out your codex scanner and read the codex afterwards, level 70 isn't really that lethal to MR 5 unless they're Hydronborn (Sort of missing the term Dracoborn) and don't bother to learn the basics then they're going for a ride for not learning. Not everything must be newbie friendly (If MR 5 can be considered as newbie)

Just now, 844448 said:

Is this the "using newbie card" to hide one's intention?

Being honest, at TWW you would have understood all the basics such as

- Damage

- Elemental weakness and resistance

- Critical

- Status

Really, it's not that complicated or too hard to whip out your codex scanner and read the codex afterwards, level 70 isn't really that lethal to MR 5 unless they're Hydronborn (Sort of missing the term Dracoborn) and don't bother to learn the basics then they're going for a ride for not learning. Not everything must be newbie friendly (If MR 5 can be considered as newbie)

I am in favour of any hardcore mechanics DE wants to implement: what I don't like is that I am forced into playing some content, which kinda contradicts the very concept of game. If the content is good, why force the player base? The only result you obtain from such a decision, is to annoy those who support your company.
Honestly, that doesn't look smart to me.

• Like 1