(XB1)Young Boy HT

Cross-Save (Hear me out)

Hey all,

So, I've spent some time on the forums and seen everyone's feedback for The Old Blood (not really sure if I should be looking forward to it?). I recently created a brand new (PC) account, and I'm currently in a Limbo where my MR 25 Xbox account has not seen the new update, but my PC account has. Something else I noticed?

This game is absolutely beautiful on PC.

The dynamic shadows and lighting along with the clarity and realism of the particle effects is just gorgeous. Granted, this may have something to do with the fact that I'm still using an original Xbox One that was bought 6 years ago. Nevertheless, the change in graphics was mind boggling to me, and my appreciation for the game went up quite a bit.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. One does not simply restart Warframe after 750 hours and a couple hundred dollars put into the game, which brings me to my point of cross-saving. I know DE has already stated they're doing an initial investigation, I'm just here to maybe help create a stronger push for it. But lets ask the question; why should DE implement cross-saving?

Cross-Saving would be beneficial for a number of key reasons.

1. Allows a player to pick up and play at any time across any device, further promoting play time. From a business perspective, this is a good thing, because more play means more investment, which translates to more likely to spend money on the game (assuming they enjoy the game of course).

2. Allows players who wish to play on one specific platform to do so regardless of where their account originated. This applies to players like myself who really would spend more money on this game if I was able to play on my desired platform. The reasoning may be different for individuals, but those who wish to play on a different platform then where their account originated on a different platform, will probably come to a general consensus; implement cross-saving.

3. In general, promotes a larger population and more than likely, a gradually increasing player base. Think about it like this. Dave plays Warframe on Xbox, but would prefer to play on PC. Jim doesn't play Warframe at all, but would be willing to play with Dave, however, Jim has a PS4. In today's Warframe, Jim and Dave would be unable to play together. *Cross Save is implemented* Look at that! Dave has switched his account to PC, and Jim has decided to pick up the game, because Dave isn't losing his MR25 account, and he can now play with Jim. This scenario (and many others) do exist, and the implementation of cross-saving would be a benefit to likely a decent portion of Warframe's population.

---To briefly cover the topic of cross-play, DE has already stated that they weren't going to be anywhere near this for a while, and its not really what I am advocating for anyway. It is something that should be looked at in the future for sure, but for now, cross-saving is where they should start.

It is possible that DE implements cross-saving between consoles strictly, because of the huge disparity in update times between PC and consoles. I believe this is a terrible idea, as i believe the points previously mentioned would suffer as a result. I also understand that perhaps PC is used as the "Guinea Pig" for updates, and so this may not be possible to fix for one reason or another. In this case, I would hope for maybe an opportunity to migrate a console account to PC. IMO however, a migration isn't enough long term. The player-base would benefit the most with a seamless system that allowed instant access and play across any platform, as to promote more play of the game with friends, and more play in general. This I believe, would serve to benefit more than people realize, after all, isn't this game supposed to be about all of us lifting together?

Thanks for reading!

• Upvote 1

I mean sure. If you're also gonna be happy not having plat and Tennogen at the minimum cross between accounts. Maybe Rivens too.

some limitations should apply, tennogen cannot transfer between platforms as i doubt any of the console company would be happy if you get paid items from thier competitors, PC tennogen requier a linked steam account and be purchesed via a direct transaction insted of platinum, platinum also cannot transfer over for the same reasons, the only thing you can transfer is non tennogen items, and non exclusives (console skins/ founder items)

DE have said that they are looking into it but as above plat won't transfer, founder items will not transfer, Tennogen won't transfer and it is very likely that rivens won't either.

The console companies take a cut of plat sales so you can't be allowed to purchase plat on PC and spend on consoles as that deprives them of their cut. I don't really know how Tennogen work on consoles but as there is real money involved I'll bet there won't be a transfer ffor similar reasons.

The price difference for mods, primes and so on between PC and consoles is huge which is a big headache ffor DE if/when cross-save happens. Not transferring rivens is an obbvious solution but from what I've seen on the PS4 market from a friend who plays you could make an absolute killing buying primes/mods on PS4 and selling on PC.

I have posted about cross-progress a few times already.

Platinum transfer and version differences are the major stumbling blocks. 

I think that to deal with different app versions, every asset will have a 'minimum_version' internal label.

On PC, the game version is almost always ahead. So, when an item is introduced to the player's inventory in the PC version, the console version of the game will ignore all items that have a 'minimum_version' greater than the console's game version.

If the player has a loadout made in PC that references a weapon, Warframe or pet/sentinel that has not yet been released, that will be replaced by the player's most used weapon of the same class, or most used frame/pet/sentinel. Cosmetics will not be loaded.

I don't see Tennogen sales as an issue if they are transferable, because on PC they are a separate purchase, so the value more or less maches the other platforms.

Platinum on PC has the discounts, that make it have a different value proposition from the other platforms in actual $$$.. 

My opinion is that the way to go is to make the platinum of each platform a different color. 

PC will be Silver Platinum

Switch is Red Platinum

XBOX is Green Platinum

PS4 is Blue Platinum.

This way, platinum of all platforms will be freely tradeable with every player.

Trades will have a big fat red warning that Platinum can traded freely, but can only be spent on their native platform. 

Trading platinum of other platforms will be useful for players to buy platform exclusive cosmetics, I will dig that.

DE should disclose the average trade value of platinum per platform for players to understand their exchange value. PC platinum will very likely be the one worth the least, because it's the most available one. 

Hello
I've been hearing cross-game news for several months. I play warframe on ps4 and I am looking forward to transferring my data to PC because I have more than $ 500 invested in my account and I would be very sorry and sorry to lose all that money invested. I recently sold my console and I have switched to PC and I really hope that soon I will know more about whether it will be possible to transfer my data to PC in the end.

On 2019-11-10 at 2:02 AM, Atsia said:

I mean sure. If you're also gonna be happy not having plat and Tennogen at the minimum cross between accounts. Maybe Rivens too.

If I think about it, I personally have more deluxe skins than anything else, so tennogen wouldn't hurt me as bad, but I understand that argument. Losing Plat would stink for sure, and having alot of it would really stink. I don't know, but for me, the costs are far less than the benefits for me personally.