Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save please

(PSN)alicode1111

crossplatform for warframe was a "near impossible" idea, the the fact, cross save is easier means it will probably take some time. it will be a great feature for multi console house holds otherwise it fill find fringe use mainly in the hands of people changing platform. hopefully it comes in the next year but we have no idea how long it could take them 

• Like 1

I'd wager that since they did mention it they must be really trying to make it happen, otherwise they would've kept ignoring it or flat out said "impossible". Sony was one of the big obstacles too, but funny enough Sony announces their crossplay kit soon after DE makes an official statement on their "looking into cross save", and I believe they have access to info we regular customers don't have.

So I have hope to some degree, even though there's still a real possibility of DE stating it's impossible due to technical limitations. I'd wager we'll have a more accurate update on this by next holiday season, when next gen consoles come out. Maybe a little sooner if it comes true, for hype purposes.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

19 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'd wager that since they did mention it they must be really trying to make it happen, otherwise they would've kept ignoring it or flat out said "impossible". Sony was one of the big obstacles too, but funny enough Sony announces their crossplay kit soon after DE makes an official statement on their "looking into cross save", and I believe they have access to info we regular customers don't have.

So I have hope to some degree, even though there's still a real possibility of DE stating it's impossible due to technical limitations. I'd wager we'll have a more accurate update on this by next holiday season, when next gen consoles come out. Maybe a little sooner if it comes true, for hype purposes.

Sony has never been an obstacle for cross-saving. You might want to learn the differences between cross-saving and crossplay.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Sony has never been an obstacle for cross-saving. You might want to learn the differences between cross-saving and crossplay.

That's like, your opinion. And you may believe it if you choose to do so. Sony wasn't very open to partnerships of any kind with its competitors as a market leader. Not just Sony, but one of the most famous ones.

And before getting even more snarky, my guy, I've been in these forums for years advocating for cross progression while stating I don't really care about crossplay. I am pretty sure I know the difference, and that if you had good reading comprehension skills you'd pick up that what I actually said was (in simpler terms for easier understanding) that "if Sony is now much more open to crossplay, then cross progression should be even easier to achieve with them aside from technical issues".

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

On 2019-10-12 at 4:57 PM, (PS4)alicode1111 said:

I really want cross save soon. I have a PS4 account, but I sold my PS4 and don't want to start over, yet still want to play. When will cross save happen? Will it be sometime 2020? I know the devs said it would be way easier to implement than cross play, so that gives me hope.

Your knowledge and skills learned from your PS4 account will help you progress in another platform very quickly. I do hope we have cross saves across all platforms someday so we can play them in any platforms with one single account. 

This have sort of come up before.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1132830-allow-consoles-or-pc-players-to-clone-their-accounts-to-the-other-side/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1118665-cross-save/

Just look for the first hint of cross save. Cross save need same invasion and same events on all platforms, to avoid taking advantage of cross save for twice as much Orokin Catalyst, twice as much invasions for more Zealots Codes, and others. I have listed the stuff that are different on an other topic.

On 2019-10-10 at 9:23 AM, sam686 said:

First, most events and most locations may need to be synchronized across platforms.

Different invasions.
Different location of Emissary Derelicts.
Different Razorback progress, location, and time.
Different Fomorian progress, location, and time.
Different void fissures locations.
Different relay locations.
Different location of Void trader Ki'Teer.
Different Darvo's Deal.
Different acolytes times.
Different platinum discounts from Daily Tribute. PC: get platinum discount. Consoles: purchase with platinum discount.

Thanks for all the replies and honestly I realized that I would like an account transfer system. What if we could pay for a one time transfer between platforms (plat or real money)? Maybe it could be one time, or have a long cooldown.

Would work as a good stopgap until they go ahead with full cross save

Edited by (PS4)alicode1111

it will pop up in game once it becomes burdensome or embarassing for them to not have it. Most game companies, including DE, blamed Sony for the lack of cross save support for so long. Now that Sony is like "fine, do it we don't care" companies are having to put up or shut up, especially the ones that already said "oh it's not us it's them". 

Warframe will get some kind of cross progress system eventually. Just remember they've been working on freaking melee 3.0 for way over a year and we're only now starting to see a possibility of it actually showing up in game. DE does not do anything fast. They have stated that there are internal conversations about it, they won't say anything more than that unless they actually have something to say.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sam686 said:

This have sort of come up before.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1132830-allow-consoles-or-pc-players-to-clone-their-accounts-to-the-other-side/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1118665-cross-save/

Just look for the first hint of cross save. Cross save need same invasion and same events on all platforms, to avoid taking advantage of cross save for twice as much Orokin Catalyst, twice as much invasions for more Zealots Codes, and others. I have listed the stuff that are different on an other topic.

The issues you brought up really aren't that big a deal, for one, aside from patches which never come out for consoles at the same time, they have indicated vague intention of trying to get their time lines unified across different platforms if for no other reason to just remove confusion. Even if they don't what most people are asking for is cross save not cross play. Worst case scenario there is that people get extra bites at rare events which again isn't a big deal because it encourages people to play on other platforms instead of sticking exclusively to one. 

The single biggest issue is going to be finding a way to avoid item duping. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-10-13 at 3:52 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

actually there are ps4/PC cross play titles its more Microsoft that is obsticle for cross play than sony.  as titles can be on pc without Microsoft having a say

hi iam sarr i play warframe on xbox i have since the game came out, xboxs are getting worse and worse every year so recently ive moved to pc, i want to move all my games to pc like warframe and some others, all i want to do is move my current data with everything i own in game to my pc so i can play with friends, dauntless did it for all consoles even switch, i understand a feature like this would take time but it would be well received by everyone and would help jump start a little more of the game till DE can relase new content it would keep us all happier a little longer