Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

exilus polarities cant be swapped with normal modslots polarities

Sharkgoblin

whats the reasoning behind this

for example i have a weapon with 7 formas and the exilus unlocked and the polarity in the exilus would be perfect to do a change in the build while one of the polarities in the build would perfect for a mod i want in the exilus but for some reason you cant do that ????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

The same happens for Aura and Warframe Exilus slots. I'm not saying it makes sense, but it's always been this way. Since Exilus was added in Update 17 they have not been able to be swapped with normal ones. Pexilus doesn't seem to break that rule.

Edited by Voltage

I suppose at a certain level it's logical.  However, I'm not convinced that they didn't assign the polarities at random, or with an eye towards actually forcing you to forma them.  I know that for a certain weapon type (forget which, probably doesn't matter) I literally have ONE mod with a V polarity.  All of the others exilus compatible mods are -  And the one V mod is something I consider fairly useless.  Do other V mods for that weapon type exist?  No clue.  The end result for me is just that I have no desire to spend the resources to even unlock the slot.  I'd have to spend either a ton of resources or platinum to open it, and then at least another forma to switch to the - polarity that the vast majority of my compatible mods have.

7 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

or with an eye towards actually forcing you to forma them.

seeing as about 90-95% of all the Weapons have objectively the wrong Exilus Polarity, anyone could tell me to my face that the Polarities weren't deliberately set wrong and i would have no trouble saying that they are lying.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

seeing as about 90-95% of all the Weapons have objectively the wrong Exilus Polarity, anyone could tell me to my face that the Polarities weren't deliberately set wrong and i would have no trouble saying that they are lying.

Wouldn't be the first time polarities were deliberately set wrong. I'm loving that innate Vazarin polarity on Kuva Kohm (just like normal Kohm!). It also has that Madurai pexilus polarity for all those Madurai Ammo Mutation mods.

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

Wouldn't be the first time polarities were deliberately set wrong. I'm loving that innate Vazarin polarity on Kuva Kohm (just like normal Kohm!). It also has that Madurai pexilus polarity for all those Madurai Ammo Mutation mods.

Eh, it's not the innate Vazarin polarity that's the problem, but the positioning in this case, since it can lock off some builds.

That said, Kohm and Kuva Kohm may like that polarity for Hammer Shot to increase crit damage for hybrid build while lowering status effect dilution or just avoiding having to get an undesirable damage type in exchange for increased status chance.

Edited by Renegade343

10 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Eh, it's not the innate Vazarin polarity that's the problem, but the positioning in this case, since it can lock off some builds.

That said, Kohm and Kuva Kohm may like that polarity for Hammer Shot to increase crit damage for hybrid build while lowering status effect dilution.

That's a rifle mod. There's literally nothing useful/relevant for shotguns with Vazarin except for Chilling Grasp. But you probably wouldn't be using Chilling Grasp on Kohm/Kuva Kohm!

EDIT: Well, a Toxin Kuva Kohm can benefit from Chilling Grasp! Mod it for Hunter Munitions like Leyzar and slot Chilling Grasp for Viral. You don't really need 100% status for Viral and 30% status per shot is plenty to get the proc sometimes.

But for normal Kohm and Kuva Kohm with other elements? Vazarin is not useful at all.

Edited by nslay

Just now, nslay said:

That's a rifle mod. There's literally nothing useful/relevant for shotguns with Vazarin except for Chilling Grasp. But you probably wouldn't be using Chilling Grasp on Kohm/Kuva Kohm!

Right.

Anyway, even with Chilling Grasp being practically the only useful mod in Kohm Vazarin, there could be a niche case for Kohm using it (apparently Kuva Kohm doesn't have any innate non-Pexilus polarities, so that's generally better, actually) using Blast with Chilling Grasp as more frequent CC proccing (i.e.: Helps to weigh more towards proccing Blast) to work with innate Punch Through. I know I've played around with it at some point when the Kohm came out.

4 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Right.

Anyway, even with Chilling Grasp being practically the only useful mod in Kohm Vazarin, there could be a niche case for Kohm using it (apparently Kuva Kohm doesn't have any innate non-Pexilus polarities, so that's generally better, actually) using Blast with Chilling Grasp as more frequent CC proccing (i.e.: Helps to weigh more towards proccing Blast) to work with innate Punch Through. I know I've played around with it at some point when the Kohm came out.

No, it has a Vazarin polarity just like Kohm. First Vazarin, then Madurai Exilus. Such jerks man. I forma'd it for Naramon for Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation. Most of the useful Exilus mods are Naramon anyway!

Read my EDIT comment about Toxin Kuva Kohm. But yeah, it's not a mod you're typically going to use on most Kohm builds.

Edited by nslay
Actually confirm it has Vazarin.

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

EDIT: Well, a Toxin Kuva Kohm can benefit from Chilling Grasp! Mod it for Hunter Munitions like Leyzar and slot Chilling Grasp for Viral. You don't really need 100% status for Viral and 30% status per shot is plenty to get the proc sometimes.

In that build, I would go for Frigid Blast over Chilling Grasp, because remember, Slash DOT stacks, and Kuva Kohm would be giving out some nice Slash DOT on its own. With Frigid Blast, I can lower the chances of Viral proccing, as I only need to reapply every six seconds or so, while giving me more chances to proc normal Slash DOT, critical Slash DOT, and HM Slash DOT.

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

In that build, I would go for Frigid Blast over Chilling Grasp, because remember, Slash DOT stacks, and Kuva Kohm would be giving out some nice Slash DOT on its own. With Frigid Blast, I can lower the chances of Viral proccing, as I only need to reapply every six seconds or so, while giving me more chances to proc normal Slash DOT, critical Slash DOT, and HM Slash DOT.

Check out Leyzar's build with Hunter Munitions (which works better than Status builds). And also, I misread your post and modified accordingly. I am just confirming as a proud Heat and Toxin Kuva Kohm owner, it does have Vazarin despite no mention of it on the wiki.

But yes, for most Kohm status builds, you'd be using the 60/60 mods like Frigid Blast and not Chilling Grasp.

Just now, nslay said:

Check out Leyzar's build with Hunter Munitions (which works better than Status builds). And also, I misread your post and modified accordingly. I am just confirming as a proud Heat and Toxin Kuva Kohm owner, it does have Vazarin despite no mention of it on the wiki.

But yes, for most Kohm status builds, you'd be using the 60/60 mods like Frigid Blast and not Chilling Grasp.

I'm still going for Viral/HM, but because I know I have two additional sources of Slash DOT, that they can stack, that Viral lasts for six seconds, and that each pellet can have a chance to proc Viral, I want to have just enough Viral weighting while going for more Slash DOT. With the elemental bonus from the weapon supplying some of the weighting, I don't have to mod a lot more to Viral to get it to proc frequently enough.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

I'm still going for Viral/HM, but because I know I have two additional sources of Slash DOT, that they can stack, that Viral lasts for six seconds, and that each pellet can have a chance to proc Viral, I want to have just enough Viral weighting while going for more Slash DOT. With the elemental bonus from the weapon supplying some of the weighting, I don't have to mod a lot more to Viral to get it to proc frequently enough.

Without 100% status, the Slash from Kuva Kohm is not going to be very reliable. The HM is going to do most of the work. So I would say slot the Chilling Grasp for more damage. Not that it matters if you use Frigid Blast though!

22 minutes ago, nslay said:

Without 100% status, the Slash from Kuva Kohm is not going to be very reliable. The HM is going to do most of the work. So I would say slot the Chilling Grasp for more damage. Not that it matters if you use Frigid Blast though!

I'm not solely relying on non-HM Slash DOT. I'm utilizing all three to quickly stack up bleeds, and Viral to eat up 50% health.

My theory build for Kuva Kohm (with Toxin bonus) right now is this:

1. The damage mod
  2. The multishot mod
  3. Frigid Blast (+60% Cold, +60% status)
  4. Motus Setup (+100% Crit chance and status on double jump or bullet jump landing, and I know that I can keep up the fire rate with double jump cancel). I don't particularly enjoy the 'aiming to get a bonus' mods as my playstyle clashes with them on occasion
  5. Primed Ravage for crit damage
  6. Hunter Munitions for Slash DOT
  7. Vigilante Armaments for +60% Multishot and set bonus for critical hit enhancement
  8. Possibly Blunderbuss in case I mess up Motus Setup
  9. (Pexilus) Either Vigilante Supplies for more critical hit enhancement or Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation if I want to keep firing with it for longer and for higher levels
Edited by Renegade343

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

Possibly Blunderbuss in case I mess up Motus Setup

more than possibly, just straight do it. whether you have Motus Setup active or not, you'd still want more Crits. it's either that or another Status Mod (you say you don't like the Shadow Debt Mods sometimes but man, Nano Applicator in that Slot would be hitting the Status threshold so long as you bunny hop the entire Mission, heh).

2 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

I'm not solely relying on non-HM Slash DOT. I'm utilizing all three to quickly stack up bleeds, and Viral to eat up 50% health.

My theory build for Kuva Kohm (with Toxin bonus) right now is this:

1. The damage mod
  2. The multishot mod
  3. Frigid Blast (+60% Cold, +60% status)
  4. Motus Setup (+100% Crit chance and status on double jump or bullet jump landing, and I know that I can keep up the fire rate with double jump cancel). I don't particularly enjoy the 'aiming to get a bonus' mods as my playstyle clashes with them on occasion
  5. Primed Ravage for crit damage
  6. Hunter Munitions for Slash DOT
  7. Vigilante Armaments for +60% Multishot and set bonus for critical hit enhancement
  8. Possibly Blunderbuss in case I mess up Motus Setup
  9. (Pexilus) Either Vigilante Supplies for more critical hit enhancement or Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation if I want to keep firing with it for longer and for higher levels

my build for kuba kohm is;

Prime point blank, hells chamber, amalgam shotgun spazz, 3 60/60, motus setup, primed ravage, the exilus mod that gives ammo max or primed shotgun ammo mut

And everything dies real fast