Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter in need of home improvement

Enialyx

It doesn't fit Orokin design. Orokin don't design flying trash heaps that look like something stolen from a Grineer junkyard and retro-fitted with Corpus parts. Ugly, poorly-lit, and not at all comfortable. Makes me not want to be in the orbiter as much as possible because of how ugly it is. What's the point of decorating, now? It's just going to look like putting lipstick on a pig.

• Like 1

I second this. Not only do the colour patterns in the main room clash with the old rooms (not to mention the lighting feels off), it simply looks like it doesn't belong to the rest of the ship. As someone aptly said, the damage is only present on the main room, and to boot it looks like we nabbed it from a grineer galleon and retrofitted it with stolen corpus bits.

Hell, even the machinery looks more primitive than what we had beforehanded.

Given the choice between this..."improvement" and the original orbiter, I'd very much prefer to be able to go back to the old one. The walls on this abomination look so shoddy that I removed the posters I had there. Like TwoWolves said: Putting lipstick on a pig.

I strongly dislike that the skylight ruins any kind of mood lighting. The contrast also makes the foundry corner feel so dark. Dirt on the floor and walls annoy me, like we don't keep it clean or something. Why should it suddenly look so scuffed? Lighting on pet and arsenal sections doesn't seem great for adjusting colors.

They could have easily combined the element of the dorsal window with better lighting. No reason there still wouldn't be spot lights over each station. Especially the foundry. What, you're supposed to work in the dark unless you're parked at Mercury? I chose my color palettes to be warm and inviting. A nice darker tan floor, cream walls, gold trim--very Orokin-esque to match my Nezha. 

DE, please reverse this mess and make it optional. Bad enough you took away colors from the palette we were originally given for free only to turn around and charge people for them. Now, this? Not a good look, for either the orbiter or for DE.

Yup.  Agreed.  I don't really mind the new geometry, but holy crap, the scuffed, chipped paint!  UGH.  Yuck.

Okay, first off, props to whoever did the texture for doing a good job at making a realistic, scuffed up metal texture.  I mean, I'm not being sarcastic, here, I just want to try to be nice and not dump on whoever put in all that work.  I know exactly how it feels to put in months of hard work to create something you're proud of only to have everyone say it's ugly.  Doesn't feel good, I'll tell ya.  So, thank you for the effort, but I think I speak for most of us when I say that we don't want our ship looking like a beat-up Grineer scrap heap.  It's so badly scuffed that it just ruins our beautiful colors.  We want our ship to be a home that reflects our sense of style.  We don't want our paint scuffed and chipped any more than you would want the paint on your real life house scuffed and chipped.  I know that the scuffed up metal is probably more realistic, but when we want total realism, we'll play Metro Exodus.  When we want pretty fashion and a slick, cool looking ship, we play Frame.  Please fix.

Tbf, I dont wanna paint it myself. I got some gathering tasks to do and really dont have time for that. Why should this brand new thing look like a badly treated rental transporter anyways. I mean a bit used around the edges is fine, but thats to much. And, its much to bright inside, is there a way to close the sun roof? ^ ^

It's kind of funny because I actually like the roughed up interior...but it doesn't extend throughout the entire Orbiter and I knew that others wouldn't like it.

Overall, I like the new look...but it seems like most of the Orbiter was neglected and almost all of the attention was placed into that single area, which...we spend the most time in, but still. I was looking forward to seeing the entire thing redesigned...

...but yeah, I think the roughed up look should definitely be an entire new set of options for the overall theme that players can cycle through for their Orbiter. It's very neat, but it's not going to appeal to everyone.

The skylight is gorgeous though...I don't care what anyone says.

• Like 1

Same thing, i like the new Layout of the Room, i like the new 3d models, but the Worn out textures, i really don't like them at all.

Worn out texture might be what the orbiter looked like when the tenno first used it after awakening for the First time in centuries, but after a while anyone who actively live in some place is sure put a fresh coat of paint where it is needed. And a "Fresh coat of paint Required" is exactly what the new worn out texture looks like, if it was my place the 1st thing i would do is go to home depot, get some sanding paper, high quality paint and fire the orbital sander.

Anyway we need Stencils, we need a Prime theme, we need Tennogen, Some people may want it to look worn out through all the ship, i want my Orbiter to look brand new, i want it slick and shiny, i want it to look so clean and polished that you can Eat from it and would not hesitate a second to lick it to get the crumbs.

Edited by Hudris

5 hours ago, Hudris said:

Worn out texture might be what the orbiter looked like when the tenno first used it after awakening for the First time in centuries, but after a while anyone who actively live in some place is sure put a fresh coat of paint where it is needed. And a "Fresh coat of paint Required" is exactly what the new worn out texture looks like, if it was my place the 1st thing i would do is go to home depot, get some sanding paper, high quality paint and fire the orbital sander.

This is exactly where Orokin technology being extremely durable (so much so that it can't even be damaged short of ship-based laser cannons or something) and resistant to scratching and corrosion--how else would it survive millennia?--fits in. Not only that, keeping it clean with the unspoken implication that Orokin tech is something special above and beyond even the rarest of rare reinforces just how unique and special Orokin technology, and in particular the orbiter, really is. Not even the mighty Corpus can reproduce Orokin technology--only cobble together half-baked reverse-engineered stuff that inevitably breaks down because it wasn't made with the same lost techniques that the Orokin once employed. 

If it's Orokin, it should look exactly the same in quality and pristine condition as an Orokin tower does. 

Edited by TwoWolves
  • Like 1